Forsyth

simmoram1995

14 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I would say the camera footage is fairly conclusive.

6 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

How blinkered are our fans that people are even questioning it. He's stamped on the man's c**k, it's a blatant red! ?

Incidentally it's also the best thing he's ever done in a Derby shirt. 

I take it you've never stumbled before. Instinct means you put your un-planted foot to the ground as quickly as possible.

The clue as to whether it's a stamp or not is with the foot coming back up, not going down. With an accidental step the instinct also kicks in and the foot is pulled up a lot quicker than a stamp, where the foot becomes planted.

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Accidentally lands with his right foot on the guys leg which off-balances him, and he instinctively puts out his left leg to balance himself. At no stage does he look where the guy is, or aim for him or anything. It's pure natural reaction. Joke of a decision.

If that incident had been the other way around I would be screaming for action.  It looks really bad and a suspect a neutral would concur with the ban, I can't speak for the rest of the world!

Edited by Spanish

This thread is a study in cognitive bias!

I mean it's a man's game isn't it? Deliberately stamping on another human beings testicles is all part of football isn't it? If you're not prepared to have your baalocks stamped on, go play frisbee instead??‍♂️

Yet another sign of the vendetta against us obviously...

I'm a big fan of Forsyth. He was a brilliant signing by Nigel Clough, has been a great servant and has been in great form this season. The ball to Lawrence was as good as it gets. But what he did was as inexcusable as it was out of character and this ban was both inevitable and fully deserved.

2 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Fozzy is not that sort of player.  End of.  I watched it several times. He didn't once look down.  It was to stop him stumbling. He pulled up very quickly. It's the wrong decision and a poor one - yet another cross to bear for us. 

he didn't need to look for the player, he was on the ground, peripheral vision would have been enough 

9 minutes ago, Spanish said:

he didn't need to look for the player, he was on the ground, peripheral vision would have been enough 

Yeah agree - but to do him for it surely there has to be clear evidence it was deliberate.  I don't see it personally.  If he meant it, and wanted it to be effective, he really ought to have put a little twist on it at the end.  Poor execution IMO then. 

Just now, BucksRam said:

Yeah agree - but to do him for it surely there has to be clear evidence it was deliberate.  I don't see it personally.  If he meant it, and wanted it to be effective, he really ought to have put a little twist on it at the end.  Poor execution IMO then. 

I think stamping on the general area was accurate enough now you expect him to twist on  the end?  Expectations of some fans are impossible to meet?