Forsyth

simmoram1995

12 hours ago, ram59 said:

I'm afraid that you are not correct there, character witness statements can be used to back up the defendants' statement, in this case Fozzy denying any deliberate act. Many times in court cases, the defence will highlight that the defendant is of good character and has no previous convictions if that is the case. All witnesses in court cases can have their character examined during the case, controversely so in the case of rape victims. Incidently, my late father, a company director and special constable at the time, gave a character reference for a close friend of mine, which his solicitor believed to be instrumental in my friend being found not guilty of a charge in a criminal case.

Blimey have I missed something big……. has Fozzy shot someone???? ?

Fozzy's past disciplinary record and generally laid-back demeanour makes it hard to believe it was a deliberate act, but as the "stamp" came as a separate action after he'd initially landed, I'm not surprised it's been judged severely. 

Football supporters in general are one-eyed when it comes to the actions of their own players and judge the opposition players entirely differently. Forest fans are probably amongst the worst for this kind of hypocrisy, but when one of their biggest icons is Stuart Pearce, that's to be expected. 

Edited by Crewton

44 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Fozzy's past disciplinary record and generally laid-back demeanour makes it hard to believe it was a deliberate act, but as the "stamp" came as a separate action after he'd initially landed, I'm not surprised it's been judged severely. 

Football supporters in general are one-eyed when it comes to the actions of their own players and judge the opposition players entirely differently. Forest fans are probably amongst the worst for this kind of hypocrisy, but when one of their biggest icons is Stuart Pearce, that's to be expected. 

"Separate action" is a bizarre way of describing it. It's that very landing that causes him to put his foot out to balance himself.  He lands on an unexpected and uneven surface (the Forest guys leg), of course he's going to put his foot out to right himself. 

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

"Separate action" is a bizarre way of describing it. It's that very landing that causes him to put his foot out to balance himself.  He lands on an unexpected and uneven surface (the Forest guys leg), of course he's going to put his foot out to right himself. 

I meant that he initially landed, and then raised and lowered the "offending" foot again, so it "could" be interpreted as a deliberate act, not that it necessarily was. Only Fozzy knows which interpretation is correct.

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

I meant that he initially landed, and then raised and lowered the "offending" foot again, so it "could" be interpreted as a deliberate act, not that it necessarily was. Only Fozzy knows which interpretation is correct.

Christ this thread is like Kneegate

byvthe way did I tell you all about when King Jake bought me a pint and told me that Nigel did knee Billy because he thinks he’s a Bamford

On 03/09/2021 at 15:20, ram59 said:

You're missing the point, I've already listed the evidence that it wasn't. What the FA has done is to overturn the ref's original decision, but on what grounds was it clear and obviously wrong? You have already stated the it 'certainly wasn't an obvious one' and by that you are saying that there are insufficient grounds to overturn the decision.

It was a sending off, if It had been against us you would have been up in arms. Get over It. It’s no big deal. 

On 03/09/2021 at 12:39, DavesaRam said:

I think the main problem is the incredibly consistent levels of inconsistency by the match officials which has been obvious for years. So on Saturday Fozzy could well have been given a red card there and then, and we wouldn't then have had that wonderful through ball to Tom. What is causing all the outrage were all the other instances of foul play which went totally unpunished. 

So in order, we had:

• the Forest right back kicking out at Louie Sibley as he ran back from our first attack. Not just a clip of the heel, a full blown swing where the Forest player's leg went out at 70 degrees. It was deliberate violent conduct. Red Card.
  • Worrall fouling Louie Sibley as he was bout to be running through on goal. Deliberately preventing a clear goal-scoring opportunity. Red Card.
  • Worrall deliberately handling the ball to prevent it going to one of two Derby players in the area. Preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity. Red Card and Penalty.
  • Worrall elbowing Ravel Morrison on the back of his head. Violent conduct. Red Card.
  • Worrall - a succession of fouls, wrestling downs and trips, several in the penalty area. At least two yellow cards. Red Card.
  • All-in-wrestling on Curtis Davis in the penalty area. Penalty. Red or yellow card.

This is all in just one match. 

Then we go back just one week and we have Jagielka getting booked for a clear, successful tackle where he got the ball. Then we have Ikpeazu splitting Jag's face open with an elbow. Definite red card, but not even a free kick is given.

All of this from just two games, yet we are seeing these kind of instances and injustices all the time.

Incidentally a colleague of mine, a Tree, reckons that Joswiack studded one of their players on Saturday. Anyone else know about this?

I'm sorry but your view of officials is just so biased.

Based on your match reviews pretty much every game we would end up playing against 7 or 8 men.

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

So I'll just have to content myself with watching  blend of rugby and all-in-wrestling. So be it.

Well yes, as long as you realise that the things that you want the opposition sent off for also happen the other way round.

Based on your metrics I'd say Sibley should have been sent off in every game he has played this season.