Andre Wisdom

IslandExile

He’s a good footballer is Wisdom, but he hasn’t looked anywhere near his top form since the incident. I think there was a time during last season where he needed resting but once Davies was injured then he had to carry on and he just never looked like he was enjoying himself, which had a knock on effect to Clarke.

Hoping a bit of time away from football may have helped him after a hectic couple of seasons. As a defensive option with Stearman, Davies, Jags, Fozzy then I don’t particularly mind it.

Just now, rammieib said:

I often think the fact that a player like Wisdom hasn't gone to another club is actually a good indicator of how good he is as a player........ which is not that good.

He generally played well for us when we played good footballing teams unlike when we played the lump it fight for it teams.

when we had on loan he was simply surrounded by good players which makes you look like a good player yourself 

13 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I often think the fact that a player like Wisdom hasn't gone to another club is actually a good indicator of how good he is as a player........ which is not that good.

He's alright but as someone else has already said, he's not looked the same since the incident. Rooney still wants to sign him and Wisdom probably still wants to stay at Derby. 

When Bielik was in the team we had a run of 12 games with only 4 conceded, 8 clean sheets.

Wisdom played 90 minutes in 11 of those games (10 at CB, 1 at RB) - a real mix of teams: Coventry, Brentford, Stoke, Swansea, Preston, Birmingham, Sheff Weds, Rotherham, Bournemouth, QPR, Bristol C - including 7 clean sheets, 6 of them coming with him at CB (although possibly in a 3)

Not sure this proves anything other than, once again, how good Bielik is, I just remember plenty of people were praising Rooney for 'sorting out the defence' - Wisdom was a part of that.

Just like all the other defenders we've had over the years - he's capable of being part of a team which sets new defensive records with adequate midfield protection, but equally being part of a team who look hopeless and let in goals like a sieve without it!

Edited by Coconut's Beard

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

I'd rather we'd kept Christie and £1M in the bank than sign Wisdom.

2 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

I wouldn't call him a 'great' servant. His first spell had good moments as an occasional marauding right back. We spent £4m on him plus good wages and he did ok but prone to errors and not being switched on all the time. Most important thing was away goal at Wycombe, so thanks for that Wiz. 

The accounts suggest it was closer to £2m. We got at least £2.25m in for Christie (plus however much in add-ons)

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Bang average Championship defender.

Positioning and reading of the game was awful. 

Relied on speed and power to recover his mistakes. 

Always seemed more interested in shoulder charging than trying to defend properly. 

You may have guessed, but its a no from me.

Yes, the number of times you saw him push the player he was challenging for the ball with was a high percentage.

36 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Bang average Championship defender.

Positioning and reading of the game was awful. 

Relied on speed and power to recover his mistakes. 

Always seemed more interested in shoulder charging than trying to defend properly. 

You may have guessed, but its a no from me.

Would you not like to be a bang average championship club with bang average championship players then a league 1 club though? He could make a difference