Goals problem will cost Derby

Barney1991

Started this thread as I think out of everything that either takes us down with the squad size and other issues are biggest problem this season is going to be goals I feel. I’ve looked at players previous seasons and also the player themselves and looked at goals return. 

Byrne - 0 goals

jagielka - 2 goals 

Davies - 2 goals 

Forsyth - 0 goals 

bird - 0 goals 

shinnie - 2 goals. Most goals last season pens and not taking them now 

morrison - 5 goals 

jozwiak - 3 goals 

sibley - 6 goals 

Lawrence - 9 goals 

Buchanan - 1 goal 

baldock - 6 goals 

ckr - 6 goals

bielik - 3 goals

Stretton - 5 goals

probably been  harsh and some and more generous on others but obviously a guessing game. But even more I feel we desperately need a 20 a season striker 

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Started this thread as I think out of everything that either takes us down with the squad size and other issues are biggest problem this season is going to be goals I feel. I’ve looked at players previous seasons and also the player themselves and looked at goals return. 

Byrne - 0 goals

jagielka - 2 goals 

Davies - 2 goals 

Forsyth - 0 goals 

bird - 0 goals 

morrison - 5 goals 

jozwiak - 3 goals 

sibley - 6 goals 

Lawrence - 9 goals 

Buchanan - 1 goal 

baldock - 6 goals 

ckr - 6 goals

bielik - 3 goals

Stretton - 5 goals

probably been  harsh and some and more generous on others but obviously a guessing game. But even more I feel we desperately need a 20 a season striker 

Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

1 minute ago, Dinnitdough said:

Agreed, but not conceding when we are in the lead is equally important. 
Corners and freekicks seem to be our cryptonite. 

Yep. Fully understand the sentiment of the thread but equally we’ve had our nose in front 4 times now, if we had kept a clean sheet in all those games, well the maths are easy on lost points.

You could just as easily say, scoring first is not a problem but managing a game out to keep a clean sheet is an issue.

Just now, Carnero said:

What's your solution?

We need at least 2 double figure players adding. One being a prolific striker and the other hoping to be morrison to getting us the goals or Lawrence but someone from midfield getting double figures would be a nice help. Look at other teams in this league who are top 6 top half. Goals get shared around but normally 3 players with over 10 goals. I don’t see that in our team. 

11 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Byrne - 0 goals

jagielka - 2 goals 

Davies - 2 goals 

Forsyth - 0 goals 

bird - 0 goals 

morrison - 5 goals 

jozwiak - 3 goals 

sibley - 6 goals 

Lawrence - 9 goals 

Buchanan - 1 goal 

baldock - 6 goals 

ckr - 6 goals

bielik - 3 goals

Stretton - 5 goals

We won't get a 20 goal a season striker so forget that.

How many strikers scored 20 goals last season in the Championship? 4 I reckon, but may be wrong and half of those players were playing in promotion winning sides. 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

We need at least 2 double figure players adding. One being a prolific striker and the other hoping to be morrison to getting us the goals or Lawrence but someone from midfield getting double figures would be a nice help. Look at other teams in this league who are top 6 top half. Goals get shared around but normally 3 players with over 10 goals. I don’t see that in our team. 

We can't bring anyone in though can we! 

11 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Instead of doing a sarcastic gif post why not have an input and disagree with the post. So you feel there are enough goals through this team then to see out games? 

How do you take my post as suggesting I disagreed with you? Quite the opposite. It’s such a statement of the bleeding obvious that we need a 20 goal striker (just like everybody else) that it hardly needs discussing. 

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

We can't bring anyone in though can we! 

Well hopefully if Mel can be arsed and the efl then it needs sorting out Monday to add the 3 players we need. We are conceding pressure and goals second half because we are knackered and the squad is threadbare to be changed in game 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

Well hopefully if Mel can be arsed and the efl then it needs sorting out Monday to add the 3 players we need. We are conceding pressure and goals second half because we are knackered and the squad is threadbare to be changed in game 

I wouldn't hold your breath.

We might be able to get another freebie or 2  in over the next few weeks if you're lucky.

Carroll and Niasse perhaps.

13 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

But even more I feel we desperately need a 20 a season striker 

Which club doesn't want a 20 goal striker? they're very hard to get. Only four players scored 20+ goals and three of them are playing in the PL now. We don't have even a 10 goal striker and it doesn't look like we're making anymore signings. We need players like Lawrence, Sibley, Morrison and Jozwiak to all add 2/3 more goals each, which I think they're all capable of.

Just now, DCFC Kicks said:

Which club doesn't want a 20 goal striker? they're very hard to get. Only four players scored 20+ goals and three of them are playing in the PL now. We don't have even a 10 goal striker and it doesn't look like we're making anymore signings. We need players like Lawrence, Sibley, Morrison and Jozwiak to all add 2/3 more goals each, which I think they're all capable of.

I hope your right there. Playing on the wing I don’t see sibley scoring many. Morrison is the hopeful one for me out of the 3. Jozwiak for all the dribbles has as much power as my 5 year old daughter in his shots. I’d really like to see jozwiak add goals to his game as I love him as a player 

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I hope your right there. Playing on the wing I don’t see sibley scoring many. Morrison is the hopeful one for me out of the 3. Jozwiak for all the dribbles has as much power as my 5 year old daughter in his shots. I’d really like to see jozwiak add goals to his game as I love him as a player 

With Jozwiak it's 100% confidence. He had one dribble in the first half and got tackled and the crowd groaned and he didn't attempt another all half, every time he got the ball after that he just passed it back to midfield. Also he was through on goal 3 times and wasn't passed to for some reason, maybe the other players don't have confidence in him either.

45 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Byrne - 0 goals

jagielka - 2 goals 

Davies - 2 goals 

Forsyth - 0 goals 

bird - 0 goals 

morrison - 5 goals 

jozwiak - 3 goals 

sibley - 6 goals 

Lawrence - 9 goals 

Buchanan - 1 goal 

baldock - 6 goals 

ckr - 6 goals

bielik - 3 goals

Stretton - 5 goals

There is zero chance of us getting a “2 goal a season striker” you do realise the is don’t you…?

last season only 4 strikers got 20 or more in this league, 3 of them are now in the premier league….2 got promoted with their own teams…