But it's too late
Now I can't think
Think why I should even try

Yesterday seems as though
It never existed
Death greets me warm
Now I will just say goodbye
Bye...

Not a happy, optimistic bunny, I take it? ?

Possibly the most unreal feeling to the start of a new season ever. Usually, for me, it's blind (and unrealistic) optimism.  This year I don't know what to think. We've been written off by the bookies, been the subject of a feeding frenzy in the press, most of which contain no new news or anything we didn't already know.

For me it's the start of possibly one of the most critical and interesting seasons I've faced as a supporter of out beloved club. I go into this season thinking if we manage to stay up that will be a colossal achievement.

I'm trying to be positive. We have some good players. If we can make a decent-ish start, do add to the squad and get the best out of it, I'm optimistic we can survive. 

What is for certain, this will only be helped if we support the club we love and stick together as a fan base and don't descend into infighting amongst ourselves.

And tap into the bunker mentality and prove all the naysayers wrong.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Everything I heard so far from last night doesn't make me think it's going to be fine.

I can't day that I feel much different,all of the signs before the meeting was that no sale was imminent,that we hadn't reached an agreement with the efl and possibly the HMRC and that we were going to be playing on Saturday and probably beyond without the trialists.

Only Rooney's seemingly slightly delusional ongoing statements that we were signing them in the next 48 hours changed the narrative slightly and proved to be incorrect once again.

Now either he's being fed top class ******** from Mel or he's extremely naive..or both.

Either way,nothing had changed from,erm.....48 hours ago.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Everything I heard so far from last night doesn't make me think it's going to be fine.

Realistically I feel the same and I suspect 99% of fans do as well. But a lot can happen in the next 8 months so let's hope for a successful EFL outcome and takeover and a season where we at least manage to stay up. My hopes are not high but I'll continue to whistle in the dark at least up until the end of September!

16 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Mel has been wanting to sell for the club for the last 2 years Right now there are more than 2 buyers with good credentials at the table. Mel said he had been looking forward to the meeting and for some reason hasn't been able to put his side of the story but has had to endure the abuse. He said it was a relief to be able share with the people present. He asked everyone to get behind the club as protests etc at this time might be off putting for potential buyers if they saw the fans turn against the owner. NDA was one of the first questions but by the end of the meeting Jim understood the reasons for it.  Wayne was not discussed as the manager was not within the remit of the meeting. Hope this helps. Jim talked for about 10 minutes and gave a very thoughtful view of what had been said which I know @David will do later.

I think he might be a little optimistic if he thinks fans aren't going to turn on him. Some will feel offended they aren't privy to this information and being told to keep the faith after everything that's happened isn't exactly reassuring to most. If we start losing games people will get angry and even if it's just a small vocal minority, they will make themselves heard. I think some fans will see this whole meeting as a fiasco again and I'd be surprised if we see the harmony Mel is seemingly hoping for.

Even more drama and interesting times ahead most probably ?

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

That’s a relief, for a moment (the past 12 months) I’d had the illusion that we were already having major issues.

Absolutely, we never really believed Mel might put the Club (but not the stadium) into administration did we? Not until I read that anyway, lets hope its a misquote.

4 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Realistically I feel the same and I suspect 99% of fans do as well. But a lot can happen in the next 8 months so let's hope for a successful EFL outcome and takeover and a season where we at least manage to stay up. My hopes are not high but I'll continue to whistle in the dark at least up until the end of September!

My hope is something like a spirit of definance takes route and against all odds we start making a real fist of it. I think that'd help a lot, especially after the end of last season where everything was pulling us down like quicksand.

Still, it's played on grass not internet forums, and, I'm quite often wrong about football.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

image.thumb.png.93660c9d144441642f7963097ed895f2.png

If that quote is accurate it's not good is it. If he wanted to be a quiet owner and administrator of the club then he'd have stayed off the pitch in the leeds semi final victory but he was bouncing around on the pitch with the manager and the players. If he was happy to take the adulation of the fans in that moment he should be prepared to take the frustration of the fans for how awfully he's bungled the situation and screwed the club on and off the pitch. 

27 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Possibly the most unreal feeling to the start of a new season ever. Usually, for me, it's blind (and unrealistic) optimism.  This year I don't know what to think. We've been written off by the bookies, been the subject of a feeding frenzy in the press, most of which contain no new news or anything we didn't already know.

For me it's the start of possibly one of the most critical and interesting seasons I've faced as a supporter of out beloved club. I go into this season thinking if we manage to stay up that will be a colossal achievement.

I'm trying to be positive. We have some good players. If we can make a decent-ish start, do add to the squad and get the best out of it, I'm optimistic we can survive. 

What is for certain, this will only be helped if we support the club we love and stick together as a fan base and don't descend into infighting amongst ourselves.

And tap into the bunker mentality and prove all the naysayers wrong.

But with the best will in the world u know it’ll decend into a crescendo of boos at half time if we’re getting tonked 

not unless there’s a real change in mentality 

it’s us against the world now kids … strap yourselves in it ain’t going to be pretty 

2 hours ago, Footymum2017 said:

The comment about playing more academy players is a dig at Rooney, bringing the OAPS in on trial!

When I watched The Real Betis game it was annoying that Sibley and Bird was sat on the bench and not getting minutes.

Rooney does seem to like OAPs on and off the pitch.