v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Pleased for Louie Watson, disappointed for Sibley...he was the better player at Notts

Personally felt Hutchinson was better at Salford than Watson was at Notts on the left wing. Although Sibley probably offers more than both at this moment in time. Other than that that’s not a bad 11 and honestly that bench isn’t as weak as many will make out. 

4 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Pleased for Louie Watson, disappointed for Sibley...he was the better player at Notts. Like the back 4 though, solid

Confused why we have 3 defenders (admittedly one is Festy), 2 DMs but no Stretton on the bench?

Stretton not fully fit yet following an injury 

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

That's not too bad. Excited to see Watson. Wait for all the Sibley comments.....

I'll start. For me it's criminal to see Sibbo on the bench. Heartbreaking to see Rooney squander our best talent for whatever reason. But let's hope we have enough to actually score some goals and get the win.

Just now, Ravabeerbelly said:

Personally felt Hutchinson was better at Salford than Watson was at Notts on the left wing. Although Sibley probably offers more than both at this moment in time. Other than that that’s not a bad 11 and honestly that bench isn’t as weak as many will make out. 

Yes agree, a decent XI and matchday squad but it does lack an obvious goal threat to come on later in the game (other than Sibley & Festy at a push)

Hutchinson a DM for me, dont think he has the tricks/pace or delivery to be a LW. Very composed on the ball & can pick a good pass out though, see him as very similar to Bird. Pleased to see Cashin & Thompson on the bench, both deserve it after pre-season

4 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Pleased for Louie Watson, disappointed for Sibley...he was the better player at Notts. Like the back 4 though, solid

Confused why we have 3 defenders (admittedly one is Festy), 2 DMs but no Stretton on the bench?

Personally would have rather gone a different way than Stearman at the back but it was fairly obvious that's the we'd go. My primary concern with that back 4 is by necessity we kind of have to play deep but its that versus rolling the dice on untested players. 

It is disappointing for Sibley but really not unexpected. If I'm being positive about it; it could well be tactical with Rooney earmarking Sibley as competition for Lawrence as a goal-scoring 10 that looks to get into positions in the box and then utilising more of a playmaker as the left sided player with Watson being an approximation of Morrison (who was clearly earmarked for that position).