The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

22 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Sometimes, I feel quite embarrassed to be a Rams fan.  Tonight is one of those times.

... And that is aimed at "Some fans", not the club.  Not @David.  Just "Some fans".

Only sometimes?! 

theres honestly been about a year and a half I’ve been proud and enjoyed being a Derby fan in the last 20 odd years!

there used to be a programme called dream team… they could make a sequel with us!

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Oh FFS he can’t be serious in regards to the Academy

That bit drew my attention as well.  Not to worry, if the bit about the EFL signing saga rumbling on is accurate, there will be plenty of chance to see how a team of 19 yr olds gets steamrolled by a team of players with 10 yrs experience at this level.  The answer to his question  will be right there, as will the total crumbling of confidence in these players, who will have no respite when there struggling and no experience to fall back on 

I really don’t know why Rooney is still here to be honest. He’s said he would walk if things didn’t change, and it doesn’t appear that it has.

Why is he coming out and not only saying he’s the most confident he’s been regarding signings and then given an actual timescale?! Who is telling him this information? They’re lying to him and in turn  the fans are being misled.

Money can’t be the reason he’s still here, nor can career progression. One last option would be loyalty, but really?

If the Twitter posts from the Punjabi Rams are the highlights of the session then it sounds like a a complete waste of time other than it ticks a box on meeting with the fans groups which the club are obliged to do.

I wasn’t expecting much it’s no wonder David’s not doing his piece tonight as there nothing to share.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I really don’t know why Rooney is still here to be honest. He’s said he would walk if things didn’t change, and it doesn’t appear that it has.

Why is he coming out and not only saying he’s the most confident he’s been regarding signings and then given an actual timescale?! Who is telling him this information? They’re lying to him and in turn  the fans are being misled.

Money can’t be the reason he’s still here, nor can career progression. One last option would be loyalty, but really?

When did he say that? I thought he said he wasn't going to quit no matter what.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That bit drew my attention as well.  Not to worry, if the bit about the EFL signing saga rumbling on is accurate, there will be plenty of chance to see how a team of 19 yr olds gets steamrolled by a team of players with 10 yrs experience at this level.  The answer to his question  will be right there, as will the total crumbling of confidence in these players, who will have no respite when there struggling and no experience to fall back on 

I feel for the academy lads, I really do. Being thrown into a team (and a poor one at that) out of necessity and then being expected to perform week in week out in front of 20,000 people because they play well at their respective levels, when some of them have not long taken their GCSE’s could literally break them mentally and impact the rest of their careers. 

Mel Morris hasn’t got a clue, absolutely warped perception of football.

Just now, Rammy03 said:

When did he say that? I thought he said he wasn't going to quit no matter what.

Some point pretty soon after the season ended, although that might’ve been largely dependent on how harsh our punishment was from the EFL.

I still see very little reason to stay currently. Unless the things that haven’t changed do change before the end of August, he’ll not be able to avoid anything other than guiding us to the third tier.