Is this the most depressing period you’ve experienced as a Derby fan?

Mostyn6

30 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

You didnt like any of the following Jewell signings?:-

Danny Mills, Robbie Savage, Laurent Robert, Alan Stubbs, Benny Feilhaber, Hossam Ghaly, Roy Carroll, Tito Villa (relegation fight signings)

Steve Davies, Martin Albrechtsen, Jordon Stewart, Rob Hulse, Kris Commons, Paul Green, Andreij Pereplotkins, Liam Dickenson, Premieslaw Kazmierczac, Tyrone Mears, Luke Varney, Nathan Ellington, Darren Powell

there is one more, he signed 22 players in 2008. I cannot think who it was. 

Mile Sterjovski was also signed in "that" season, though IIRC, Feilhaber was bought by Davies at the start of the season was he not?

Of the others you mention, Mears was part of the promotion season, so would have been bought by Davies.  Including loans, think Jewell also bought in Ruben Zadkovich, Paul Connolly, Nacer Barazite and James Tomkins?

Had time for Robbie Savage (tried if nothing else), Rob Hulse, Paul Green, Darren Powell and Kris Commos (although it took Nigel to get the best out of him). Steve Davies had some good days. Particularly disliked Carroll and Dickenson. The current bunch are far from being the best Derby side I've known but seem a good bunch of lads who I desperately hope will prove the doubters wrong. Think it'll b a hell of a bumpy ride but hoping the fans will really get behind them this season.

5 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

He has said a few times on the radio that he gave up trying whilst at Derby in the relegation season.

That season was horrible. Worse than the Docherty period for me. But the worst moment ever was reading that Mel had signed a contract to sell to Alonso. Things are on the way up 

19 hours ago, cannable said:

At least Clough’s last couple of seasons were out of necessity though, and the wage bill then was lower than it is now yet the squad’s currently a mess 

Also it never felt like we could just implode completely. We weren't going to go down, the club was healthy if run a bit lean off the pitch and we were gradually making progress on the pitch (albeit very slowly). 

16 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

He has said a few times on the radio that he gave up trying whilst at Derby in the relegation season.

Hated Savage, hated every second of his time at Derby. I'm sure there were bigger cheats in the game, but yes that was a very depressing time. Could not bring myself to cheer anything about him.

I think off the field I only remember 84 being worse, coming back from the home Plymouth match wondering if that’s the last time I’d see the rams play, as for now whatever happens the off field things need sorting, so at least we can get some players in and not to worry about anymore embargo’s etc.

As things on the pitch,I think we are underwhelmed, but sometimes things turn out better than you think, yes we could end up with a mixture of kids and experienced pros that other clubs don’t deem good enough, but for me it’s like resetting something, wages etc will have come down massively and contracts will be short term, so no long term responsibilities, but the main thing now is hopefully a takeover goes through sometime soon and we can get back to being on an even keel.

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hated Savage, hated every second of his time at Derby. I'm sure there were bigger cheats in the game, but yes that was a very depressing time. Could not bring myself to cheer anything about him.

Come on Macca, you have to get behind the team whoever plays ?

2 hours ago, John Doe said:

Mile Sterjovski was also signed in "that" season, though IIRC, Feilhaber was bought by Davies at the start of the season was he not?

Of the others you mention, Mears was part of the promotion season, so would have been bought by Davies.  Including loans, think Jewell also bought in Ruben Zadkovich, Paul Connolly, Nacer Barazite and James Tomkins?

Ha, yeah got Benny and Sterjovski wrong way around. Connolly was the one i missed and Zadkovic. That makes 22 Permanent signings. Tomkins was a loan, but think Barazite was a Clough signing. He took and pissed a pen v Forest in that Atwell game i think. 

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Have to (50%) disagree. First half of his Rams career he was utter shambles but the part of me that likes a redemption story appreciates the last chapter under Clough jr when he becomes one of the most committed players and a consistent performer.

The time when he came on the pitch with his dad was a nice moment.

Over 90% of his career I hated the twit but somehow the last bit sticks with me as the most human part and I like him a little for that bit.

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He spent most of his energy when he was with us preparing for a media career   On the pitch he resembled a tug boat 

19 hours ago, Allen said:

Supported the team since the Tim Ward era and the worst time for me was the Paul Jewell era. Not only brought in many very poor players but a lot seemed to be pretty obnoxious characters. Can’t think of any other time where I really struggled to name any players I actually liked. At lest that doesn’t apply today.

My time of that is now, like CKR, that's about it

16 hours ago, WystonRam said:

And I said a few times to my radio "I give up" trying to listen whilst he was at Derby in the relegation season and ever since, and when he's on TV I either put him on mute or change channel. 

Limahl out of Kajagoogoo plays better football than he ever did, and sings better than his football punditry.

Unfortunately for us all, Robbie is not too shy, but I reckon her in the dickie bow tie, could also do a better job, and clearly isn't as depressing as Robbie Savage!

No ! 3 Amigos was far and away worse. Those in charge were the dregs. Hated that time, more than any other. 

seeing us lose week in week out in the prem was like a long drawn out torture. Bad, but nothing like the Amigos. 

10 hours ago, cannable said:

They’re all decent lads, surely? Davies? Shinnie tries hard? Fozzy’s sound but the ACLs have done him in? At the very least!

To each their own at end of day,Davies is out of contract,never really warmed to Shinnie if I'm honest. About as detached from the club as ever been in thirty odd years supporting them