Choose your 5

Kernow

If the club are confident of coming out of the embargo when the season has started, maybe they will have gentlemen's agreement or agreements in place for various player or players, loans or otherwise. 

We could have Menghi sorted for the season, starting 18th August, rather than till the new year starting this week.

Davies - if he got another bad injury I am sure he would just retire and his spot opens again 

Jagielka - we will need him 

Mengi - until January ( because that’s all we are allowed to do with loans) 

Wisdom - two positions to cover or 3 at the back, and we know him 

5th spot - I want a centre forward in and yes a huge gamble is the newly released Andy Carrol ( hopefully he doesn’t want too much money) we might as well carry a threat from set pieces and from our full backs crosses into the penalty area.

21 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Davies - if he got another bad injury I am sure he would just retire and his spot opens again 

Jagielka - we will need him 

Mengi - until January ( because that’s all we are allowed to do with loans) 

Wisdom - two positions to cover or 3 at the back, and we know him 

5th spot - I want a centre forward in and yes a huge gamble is the newly released Andy Carrol ( hopefully he doesn’t want too much money) we might as well carry a threat from set pieces and from our full backs crosses into the penalty area.

I’m sure I read that Carroll had a appearance based contract at Newcastle. It was something like £20k a week, rising to £70k a week when he played.

I doubt we could put together anything that would interest him. Even if we we’re to take the huge risk on him.

Edited by Ramarena

Just now, DCFClks said:

Why not Baldock? I thought he looked quite good and closed down there defence well. Isn't CKR our only striker?

Don't know that he'll be a good choice as a lone striker or wide and it looks like we'll go that way. Dunno really just that we need more creativity up front. But Baldock, yeah okay why not, I thought he looked 'willing'.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't know that he'll be a good choice as a lone striker or wide and it looks like we'll go that way. Dunno really just that we need more creativity up front. But Baldock, yeah okay why not, I thought he looked 'willing'.

Need a like for like striker should CKR get injured, plus 1 other I would think. We need goals in the team.

Davis, Jagielka (no more CB’s as Fozzy can cover there if needed) Morrison, plus 2 strikers. We are desperate for goals in the team hence I’d prefer forwards not defenders hired. 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Davis, Jagielka (no more CB’s as Fozzy can cover there if needed) Morrison, plus 2 strikers. We are desperate for goals in the team hence I’d prefer forwards not defenders hired. 

We are short in both departments but I agree with you. Is Morrison a midfielder or more of a number 10?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We are short in both departments but I agree with you. Is Morrison a midfielder or more of a number 10?

Not sure, and if we have to give up one space to bring in a Striker or CB I’m afraid it’d be him. He played well Sunday but is a big big risk for us with not many free places available. 

4 hours ago, Kernow said:

So you have to pick 5 of the following to join immediately, who are they?

C. Davies

A. Wisdom

P. Jagielka

R. Stearman

T. Mengi

S. Aluko

R. Morrison

S. Baldock

We're not getting promoted with that shower of shiz are we?

I want Mengi, Phil Jones, that wonderkid from the other night and 2 more of your hottest prospects please Ole. 

Rooney scored 200 goals for Manu, they owe him.

Edited by Beetroot

23 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

So you would be ok with Davies, Forsyth, Jagielka as our CB's ???

Anyone with even the slightest bit of pace will run rings round them.

Also, can't expect any of them to play 40 odd games a season. Davies coming back from a long term injury and also getting on a bit now, Jagielka is an old man, and Forsyth very injury prone. 

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

So you would be ok with Davies, Forsyth, Jagielka as our CB's ???

Anyone with even the slightest bit of pace will run rings round them.

Also, can't expect any of them to play 40 odd games a season. Davies coming back from a long term injury and also getting on a bit now, Jagielka is an old man, and Forsyth very injury prone. 

But apart from their age, lack of pace and being injury prone, a decent trio ?