Choose your 5

Kernow

With the news we may be initially allowed to sign 5 players on a free or loan for 12 and 6 months respectively, who do you go for out of the players we know we are interested in.

The free agents training and playing for the club must have some kind of assurances that we hope to sign them, but we can’t have them all.

Focus needs to be put towards the areas we need most. Players like Wisdom and Mengi have an edge as they cover areas where we are very short, and play more than one position. Wingers and striker wise, we are a bit better stocked but there isn’t exactly any depth.

So you have to pick 5 of the following to join immediately, who are they?

C. Davies

A. Wisdom

P. Jagielka

R. Stearman

T. Mengi

S. Aluko

R. Morrison

S. Baldock

Aluko, Baldock, Wisdom, Menghi and Jagielka. At least we're guaranteed games (barring bad injuries) from 4 of them and it addresses the big critical needs in the squad. I don't love our midfield tbh but if Morrison is our only option to bulk that up then I'd pass on him and rather get some depth in defence and attack that at least gives us a chance to survive. 

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Davies , wisdom , jagielka, aluko, morrison 

Sacrificing mengi and baldock

Same here, although Aluko and Baldock could easily be swapped due to lack of strikers.
As much as I want Mengi back now, I’d rather have him for the whole season. 

2 minutes ago, tinman said:

Same here, although Aluko and Baldock could easily be swapped due to lack of strikers.
As much as I want Mengi back now, I’d rather have him for the whole season. 

Agreed , feel like aluko might just offer slightly more than Baldock 

Davies, Wisdom Jagielka, Morrison Baldock.

We simply have to have 3 CB’s at the club and Wisdom can cover at right back too. 
We need another No9 and Baldock fills that need. 
Rooney will get the best out of Morrison and he as bags of talent - I think the penny has finally dropped with him to sort his life out 

I’d like Aluko, but we have enough cover on the flanks with the remainder of our squad. 

Davies, Menghi, Morrison, Wisdom…..holding back for someone else in the forward positions who isn’t yet with us.

ps I know I’ve not quite stuck to the brief….but its football and nobody does!!!

Edited by Dava75

Jagielka, Mengi, Wisdom, Morrison, (striker) 

Jagielka - for experience and hopefully not as injury prone as Davies

Mengi - for pace at the back

wisdom - Can play all across the back line and knows the club

Morrison - Showed real ability and hopefully somebody that can play through thirds and pick a forward pass

Striker - We need someone in this postion as we cant expect CKR to play every game at 35 years old. 

Curtis Davies goes into a defensive coaching position if he would accept that. 

Edited by tombomb

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Isn’t it a bit difficult to judge after one friendly? Morrison looked half decent by all accounts but is he worth the risk this soon? I think I would like to see them in a couple more games first ?

and if he scores a hattrick next game and someone offers him 20k a week we miss out.