Choose your 5

Kernow

Just now, Chris_Martin said:

So you would be ok with Davies, Forsyth, Jagielka as our CB's ???

Anyone with even the slightest bit of pace will run rings round them.

Also, can't expect any of them to play 40 odd games a season. Davies coming back from a long term injury and also getting on a bit now, Jagielka is an old man, and Forsyth very injury prone. 

What’s the alternative? Wisdom and a unknown loanee from Man U who could make the 1st team when we finished 4th from bottom last season?

We need goals, we have 1 forward whom I wouldn’t expect to play 40 games or be consistently hitting the back of the net 

8 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

What’s the alternative? Wisdom and a unknown loanee from Man U who could make the 1st team when we finished 4th from bottom last season?

We need goals, we have 1 forward whom I wouldn’t expect to play 40 games or be consistently hitting the back of the net 

Edited by Jimbo Ram

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

yes we need goals, but there's no point if we're conceding too many at the other end. 

i would sign Jagielka, Davies, & Mengi as the CB cover, then Baldock and Morrison as the forward players. Mengi would add some much needed pace to the back line. Think he could turn into a real good player, remember his MOTM game v Barnsley last season. 

Baldock as the other ST, then Morrison for some creativity in the no.10 position. 

10 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

yes we need goals, but there's no point if we're conceding too many at the other end. 

i would sign Jagielka, Davies, & Mengi as the CB cover, then Baldock and Morrison as the forward players. Mengi would add some much needed pace to the back line. Think he could turn into a real good player, remember his MOTM game v Barnsley last season. 

Baldock as the other ST, then Morrison for some creativity in the no.10 position. 

Zero goals there unfortunately, Morrison is far from prolific and Baldock isn’t going to get into double figures. Goals win games, we need goals 

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

If the club are confident of coming out of the embargo when the season has started, maybe they will have gentlemen's agreement or agreements in place for various player or players, loans or otherwise. 

We could have Menghi sorted for the season, starting 18th August, rather than till the new year starting this week.

Who in their right mind would have an agreement with Mel Morris in place? Blokes reputation is through the floor and he's seen to be financially flawed so can't see anybody ever agreeing to anything like that with Derby whilst he's the owner

I am not a manager, don’t know how fit Curtis is. ? But he is a brick wall and proper club captain. 

Worried about Morrison but we need creativity so he’s in. 

Wizz is in because he isn’t old yet. We know what he can and can’t do do and he is flexible 

Jagielka .. that’s a yes from me 

I liked Aluko on Sunday. 

Think Wayne would like Menghi  

ackkkk I can’t answer honestly this because I don’t really know enough about the possibles 

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Zero goals there unfortunately, Morrison is far from prolific and Baldock isn’t going to get into double figures. Goals win games, we need goals 

When you put it like that you're correct.. we're really in the mire.Im pinning my hopes on Lawrence and Josiak stepping up to the plate and getting somewhere near double figures.

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Personally I’d be going back to the drawing board and seeing who else is out there.

The last thing we should be doing is rushing into signings after minimal due diligence.

What? ?

7 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

What? ?

Just because we can doesn’t mean we should.

Of course, we are in a difficult situation and the first league game is 2.5 weeks away but losing our heads and signing the first five players we take on trial simply because they are in the building is hardly going to resolve anything.

21 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Who in their right mind would have an agreement with Mel Morris in place? Blokes reputation is through the floor and he's seen to be financially flawed so can't see anybody ever agreeing to anything like that with Derby whilst he's the owner

If 19 clubs can vote Ridsdale onto the EFL board, anything is possible.

59 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

At least Wisdom has a bit of pace and physicality to add some balance even if his decision making and positioning is relatively poor. 

22 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Personally I’d be going back to the drawing board and seeing who else is out there.

The last thing we should be doing is rushing into signings after minimal due diligence.

Literally the only possible rationale for allowing Rooney to continue is his links to Manu. If he can't pull some strings and bring in the cream of that academy then he needs sacking off. Otherwise abandon that list, get rid of Rooney, shove poor old Wassall into the dugout and see what's what. What does McClaren do? If he's still here sack him too. And Rosenior and the other one. Keep that tall one with the crazy curly hair and big glasses I like him. But otherwise get back to bare bones and start again. If we get relegated then we get relegated. Probably worth finding a couple of centre halves from somewhere though. Wassall'll sort it.

What was the question?

8 trial players 

Can only have 5 ...

Unless 3 contracted players are sold????

so we sign all 8 ... who leaves ? 

Marshall,  Byrne and Knight??? 

C. Davies

A. Wisdom

P. Jagielka

R. Stearman

T. Mengi

S. Aluko

R. Morrison

S. Baldock

15 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

8 trial players 

Can only have 5 ...

Unless 3 contracted players are sold????

so we sign all 8 ... who leaves ? 

Marshall,  Byrne and Knight??? 

C. Davies

A. Wisdom

P. Jagielka

R. Stearman

T. Mengi

S. Aluko

R. Morrison

S. Baldock

We don’t need 4 central defenders surely….I think we need a proper goal scoring striker as a priority too……who replaces CKR if he is injured early doors?

6 hours ago, Kernow said:

With the news we may be initially allowed to sign 5 players on a free or loan for 12 and 6 months respectively, who do you go for out of the players we know we are interested in.

The free agents training and playing for the club must have some kind of assurances that we hope to sign them, but we can’t have them all.

Focus needs to be put towards the areas we need most. Players like Wisdom and Mengi have an edge as they cover areas where we are very short, and play more than one position. Wingers and striker wise, we are a bit better stocked but there isn’t exactly any depth.

So you have to pick 5 of the following to join immediately, who are they?

C. Davies

A. Wisdom

P. Jagielka

R. Stearman

T. Mengi

S. Aluko

R. Morrison

S. Baldock

I imagine the combined age of that lot must be about 230 years and that includes a 19 yr old.  Based on that I'll take the youngest 4 and add this fella for firepower. Can't be any worse.

t9ml8hSKxoi9.gif