Choose your 5

Kernow

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Personally I’d be going back to the drawing board and seeing who else is out there.

The last thing we should be doing is rushing into signings after minimal due diligence.

Bearing in mind we can only offer q year contracts and can't pay loan fees, we don't have a lot of choice.

7 hours ago, sage said:

Bearing in mind we can only offer q year contracts and can't pay loan fees, we don't have a lot of choice.

I am not suggesting we do have a lot of choice, but it doesn’t strike me as particularly clever on our part to give contracts out in blind panic.

The aforementioned six or seven players are surely not the only players looking for clubs, be it on a short term contract or a loan basis.

17 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am not suggesting we do have a lot of choice, but it doesn’t strike me as particularly clever on our part to give contracts out in blind panic.

The aforementioned six or seven players are surely not the only players looking for clubs, be it on a short term contract or a loan 

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

The aforementioned six or seven players are surely not the only players looking for clubs, be it on a short term contract or a loan basis.

How is it a blind panic? They've all been training with the squad. More than most transfers ever do before they've signed.

10 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Zero goals there unfortunately, Morrison is far from prolific and Baldock isn’t going to get into double figures. Goals win games, we need goals 

As England proved at the Euros, clean sheets also win you games.

I agree with you Morrison and Baldock are not prolific, but what other options do we have? There doesn't seem to be anyone else interested. So if it's a case of them or no one then we have to. 

Eric Steele often says “ We need more Nonce on the pitch”. Goodness knows where we are going to get that from. He also says- “ Judge Wazza when it’s his team”. Well it’s Rooney’s choice. He will choose players to suit his system, style and ethos. By the time he has had a year in charge , he will have had 2 windows. Fans in Pride Park will let him know what they think.

11 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Just because we can doesn’t mean we should.

Of course, we are in a difficult situation and the first league game is 2.5 weeks away but losing our heads and signing the first five players we take on trial simply because they are in the building is hardly going to resolve anything.

Think you hit the nail on the head by saying the first game is 2.5 weeks away. Actually... i've heard Messi is on that free transfer list, maybe you are on to something.

7 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Steve Nicholson reporting today that Derby can only sign FOUR players. 

Seems like we have all miscounted.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-transfer-embargo-efl-5678766

I always thought it was four, seems Percy was misinformed.

Roos + Marshall + Byrne + McDonald + Buchanan + Forsyth + Bird + Bielik + Knight + Shinnie + Sibley + Watson + J.Brown + Hutchinson + Lawrence + Joswiak + Ebosele + CKR + Stretton = 19

23-19 = 4

Edited by Carnero

27 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Eric Steele often says “ We need more Nonce on the pitch”. Goodness knows where we are going to get that from. He also says- “ Judge Wazza when it’s his team”. Well it’s Rooney’s choice. He will choose players to suit his system, style and ethos. By the time he has had a year in charge , he will have had 2 windows. Fans in Pride Park will let him know what they think.

You can't be serious in claiming that he's had 2 windows, atm. He's being operating under an embargo, which seriously restricts who he can bring in, limiting him to players other clubs don't want. Any player of any value, is not available to Rooney. Nigel had untold riches to spend, when compared with Rooney.

11 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I always thought it was four, seems Percy was misinformed.

Roos + Marshall + Byrne + McDonald + Buchanan + Forsyth + Bird + Bielik + Knight + Shinnie + Sibley + Watson + J.Brown + Hutchinson + Lawrence + Joswiak + Ebosele + CKR + Stretton = 19

23-19 = 4

At the risk of an ‘I’ll get me coat’ moment, does that mean if we sell or loan out one of the nineteen we could bring five in?

And if so, what’s the limit, if any?

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

I agree with you Morrison and Baldock are not prolific, but what other options do we have? There doesn't seem to be anyone else interested. So if it's a case of them or no one then we have to. 

We didn’t win anything though. Anyway that’s another argument.

I don’t know what other options there is , but I’d expect given last seasons disaster and knowing the position we are in, our talented management team would be scouring the world for a goal scoring forward available free or on a loan. Maybe that’s too much to expect as Wayne has much more important other responsibilities such as Celebrity matches and TV appearances etc. 
However I don’t want to rush and waste a free space if the said goalscorer is out there. 

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

At the risk of an ‘I’ll get me coat’ moment, does that mean if we sell or loan out one of the nineteen we could bring five in?

the article says loans don't help

48 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

sell/release yes

loan no

once we're at 23 then sell a player we can bring in a player, we can sell all 23 if we wish

Edited by Carnero

2 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Am sure Denmark scored a worldly against us though I was at work at the time.

If we have to go through another attritional season of totally negative tactics and creating minimal chances for our journeyman singular striker then it's going to be awful.