Choose your 5

Kernow

24 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yes, I was. To be honest I’m im not a fan of the Athletic, but anyway if I was to read it I’m not sure how they can spin playing 98 games for 11/12clubs in 11 years scoring 15 goals into anything worth reading
However that’s the barrel we are currently scraping due to our position so if he does sign he’ll get my support.

Because they talk about his more recent past - interrupted as lots of things were - by covid lockdowns. The manager at his Swedish club rated him as a person and player. Chris Wilder signed him and also rated him but didn't play a system that suited him, apparently.

Anyway it was enough to convince me, with the things Rooney said, that he deserves a chance. The rewards might be comparatively great for us! We are were we are and if players want to come and play and hopefully do well then we should be grateful!

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because they talk about his more recent past - interrupted as lots of things were - by covid lockdowns. The manager at his Swedish club rated him as a person and player. Chris Wilder signed him and also rated him but didn't play a system that suited him, apparently.

Anyway it was enough to convince me, with the things Rooney said, that he deserves a chance. The rewards might be comparatively great for us! We are were we are and if players want to come and play and hopefully do well then we should be grateful!

Oh right his more recent past that means he’s currently (again) without an employer. 

But I agree absolutely in the position we are in anything we can get we should be grateful, which is a sad statement in itself. 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

But I agree absolutely in the position we are in anything we can get we should be grateful, which is a sad statement in itself. 

Not necessarily it just makes you more appreciative of what we have. #COYR

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not necessarily it just makes you more appreciative of what we have. #COYR

I’m appreciative we still have a football club to support . That doesn’t mean I’m overly happy with signing the players we are, the management team that all but got us relegated are still in a job and the chairman has lost his appetite to own us. All that said roll on the 7th August #COYR