Choose your 5

Kernow

If those are our only options I would choose:

• Jagielka
  • Stearman
  • Mengi
  • Aluko
  • Morrison (gamble)

I'd not choose Baldock as he seems to  offer nothing, sadly Davies is too much of a risk with injuries, and Wisdom is just a not very good  player. However, Rooney loves Wisdom so he will be the first of his picks.

If we can only sign these players (ie. we don’t get the embargo lifted before the end of the window)

Davies

Wisdom

Morrison

Aluko

Mengi.

If we can add more afterwards and I’d probably take Jagielka and add Mengi later.

If worst came to the worst Aluko could do a job down the middle. I think there are better options out there than Baldock - Gregory being one but he might even be out of our range.

4 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

When was the last ditch date for releasing updated accounts?

(How much window left after)

Guessing this could be the point at which umbongo will be lifted by? (Even if hit with 12 of the best points deduction)

18th August so we would have about 2 weeks left of the window

So lets say for example the 5 are the 3 Percy said + Mengi & Baldock

Our matchday team: Marshall - Byrne Mengi Davies Buchanan - Bird Shinnie - Jozwiak Morrison Lawrence - CKR

Subs : Roos Wisdom Forsyth Knight Sibley Watson Baldock

Ebosele McDonald Wilson Solomon Brown Thompson Stretton Bardell as the young backups

Then if we're in a position to add any more going forward like Jagielka & Aluko that would make us stronger.

I think we would have enough there to stay up.

Edited by DCFC1388

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So lets say for example the 5 are the 3 Percy said + Mengi & Baldock

Our matchday team: Marshall - Byrne Mengi Davies Buchanan - Bird Shinnie - Jozwiak Morrison Lawrence - CKR

Subs : Roos Wisdom Forsyth Knight Sibley Watson Baldock

Ebosele McDonald Wilson Solomon Brown Thompson Stretton Bardell as the young backups

Then if we're in a position to add any more going forward like Jagielka & Aluko that would make us stronger.

I think we would have enough there to stay up.

Why is Bird being picked ahead of Knight? Is he definitely on his way?

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

18th August so we would have about 2 weeks left of the window

Yes delivery date is after season starts and before window closes. @Charlotte RamI think pointed out that we might wait for the season to start before ‘agreeing’ our accounts with the EFL. That may be the safest option for us 

But it makes a Rooney’s job very difficult in terms of getting a squad together 

We need centre backs desperately - so Mengi, Davies & Jagielka. Would have been Wisdom instead of Jagielka but I believe Andre was on significantly more than 11.5k a week so unlikely to sign for that. Think Mengi would improve immeasurably by having Davies or Jagielka alongside him (as would Solomon & Cashin if they are 'ready' to step up)

Other two would be Morrison & Aluko - I saw enough from both to think they'd transform our attacking effort. Granted we are short at CF so reality is we would need the young attackers (Plange, Duncan, Stretton & Ebosele potentially) to step up. Aluko can also play more advanced so another option there. We lack creativity & flair so those 2 are essential for me.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Jagielka would have the edge on Davies for me as his longevity and injury record at the end of his career has been better.

I don't what his injury situation has been, but Jagielka has only played 23 games over the last 3 seasons. That doesn't fill me with confidence in him playing 40+ championship games. Davies impressed me with the speed of both his physical and mental recovery from his serious injury last season, you couldn't question his commitment to the club.