Choose your 5

Kernow

19 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Aluko, Baldock, Wisdom, Menghi and Jagielka. At least we're guaranteed games (barring bad injuries) from 4 of them and it addresses the big critical needs in the squad. I don't love our midfield tbh but if Morrison is our only option to bulk that up then I'd pass on him and rather get some depth in defence and attack that at least gives us a chance to survive. 

Would be my 5 too. Covers a wide area of the pitch and gives us decent reliability.

Morrison is obviously talented and may have impressed Rooney, however his track record would make me wary of making him one of the 5 if that’s all we’re allowed. I don’t think we’re in a position to sign players and hope they come good right now.

Jagielka would have the edge on Davies for me as his longevity and injury record at the end of his career has been better.

Byrne Jag Mengi Buchanan with Wisdom and Forsyth to cover RB, LB and CB is still incredibly thin but we don’t have much choice right now. If we are later allowed to sign more during this window, then defence would again need to be prioritised.

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm still hoping Davies and wisdom are still technically our players and it's 5 plus them. 

Same here. Stearman would be only one missing out (but only until we sell Knight).

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Would be my 5 too. Covers a wide area of the pitch and gives us decent reliability.

Morrison is obviously talented and may have impressed Rooney, however his track record would make me wary of making him one of the 5 if that’s all we’re allowed. I don’t think we’re in a position to sign players and hope they come good right now.

Jagielka would have the edge on Davies for me as his longevity and injury record at the end of his career has been better.

Byrne Jag Mengi Buchanan with Wisdom and Forsyth to cover RB, LB and CB is still incredibly thin but we don’t have much choice right now. If we are later allowed to sign more during this window, then defence would again need to be prioritised.

Exactly my thinking too ? defence and attack are the areas we are absolutely desperate in. I still think we have a very weak midfield but like you say Morrison is a massive risk that can't be mitigated after 1 performance. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

He's not my favourite player either ngl but I'm not sure if we have any better options. 

Mate the EFL have won again .

Its diabolical restricting us to 5 .

The whole thing stinks. 

No sentiment in Football .

Wayne has to decide and I’m sure he will be conflicted by this as am I. 

26 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Mengi has to be one of them; we need pace at the back.

And wages can't be a particular problem as we can't pay more than £600k/season for any player.

Menghi has to be one of them. He’s improving rapidly, athletic, the least likely to get injured and has more talent than anyone else on the list