What Would You Be Satisfied With This Season?

DarkFruitsRam7

What Would You Be Satisfied With This Season?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

I understand that but it’s a totally negative scenario and I don’t want to entertain that .

Why do you ! 

I don't want to entertain lots of things but uncomfortable things  often do need to be entertained. Last season we saw our worst performances and points total at this level for over 20 years and for many of us we can't just ignore that when making predictions about next season. If we'd had a big clear out and started over then that would make me think again but we've not done that because we can't. I hope I'm wrong and we end up having a fantastic season that is exciting but if I'm being honest I've got little faith in the squad and even less in the management. No-one is moaning to you for the the fact you're such an unabashed optimist for seemingly no apparent reason, so maybe don't have a go at those who are simply being realistic from their perspective. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

We cannot go on as we have been. It's a good question but I didn't vote in the poll as the only things that will satisfy me are a transition to acceptable new owners, the club on a decent financial footing and an end to the EFL pursuit of us. 

Football is so much about confidence and momentum. On the field it is possible for us to be fine because we do have some talented players if they step up, but we need for once to get off to a good start. The situation the club finds itself in is so dark, if we don't begin well I don't see us getting out of it.

I'll have a sensible go..... ?

I'll be happy to see

- an identifiable style, or at least a solid attempt to implement one

- our young academy players improving from last season 

- improved fitness levels so we don't look like 11 sets of 50 year old bagpipes after an hour. 

The actual position is secondary, but if we did those 3 things I think we would be at least lower mid table. 

12 hours ago, Curtains said:

It’s not a valid point as you have no idea how our form will go. .

This is a new season. 

Yes it is new season, but with the same manager/coaching staff that led us to within 2 minutes of relegation to League One and now with an even smaller squad lacking any genuine quality up front.
I think I’ve got fair idea of where we are heading as things stand..

Edited by Jayram

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What would be wrong with:

Marshall

Byrne Jags/Mengi Davies/Stearman Buchanan

Shinnie Bird/Bielik

Joz Sibley Lawrence

CKR

The sight of yourself and @Curtainsposting together in nit-picking, contrary tandem scared me more than this team...but only just!! ??

Is this a serious question? Marshall had a poor finish to the season, Mengi is a huge risk as a regular, Stearman...please no, Bird would have to improve massively on last season, Bielik is not going to be match fit at best before Christmas, Sibley has really struggled for a while now, Joz flatters to deceive and doesn't score, Lawrence is captain when he has never shown anything that would suggest he has the personality for the role and CKR tried his best but wasn't good enough a season ago. Other than that.... 

That team missed relegation only due to points deducted elsewhere and someone else scoring in the last few minutes on our behalf. 

Its also a really depressingly uninspiring team, I don't want to part good money to watch them perform limply and never look like scoring.

Serious question, where would you see that team finishing and who is going to score more than 4 or 5 goals?

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Its a start, unlike the season which hasn't yet.

As it stands Macca, would you agree currently the squad is weaker than that which finished last season? If you recall we stayed up in the final 10 minutes of the final game of last season through Cardiff helping us out. What do you think needs to change to ensure we don’t have a repeat of last seasons disaster and another relegation battle? Simple enough question ?

2 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Yes it is new season, but with the same manager/coaching staff that led us to within 2 minutes of relegation to League One and now with an even smaller squad? 
I think I’ve got fair idea of where we are heading as things stand..

There were enough games where things might have had a different result in our favour. So even with 'the same squad' - which we haven't got - there is plenty of opportunity for different results. The crowds will be back and that will help too. The young players are older (as are the older ones! :D) and there looks to be some additions.

It's a new season starting all things are possible. #COYR

16 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Its also a really depressingly uninspiring team, I don't want to part good money to watch them perform limply and never look like scoring.

Serious question, where would you see that team finishing and who is going to score more than 4 or 5 goals?

I think that team is capable of mid-table. And how many times are you expecting any team to score 4 or 5 goals?

Pointless getting yourself all miserable before a ball has even been kicked, so scoff all you like but me and @Curtains are at least able to enjoy being Rams fans!!! 

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think that team is capable of mid-table. And how many times are you expecting any team to score 4 or 5 goals?

Pointless getting yourself all miserable before a ball has even been kicked, so scoff all you like but me and Curtains are at least able to enjoy being Rams fans!!! 

Ha sorry mate, I meant players scoring that in a season! 

Midtable? I know it's the weekend but isn't it a bit early for the strong stuff? 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There were enough games where things might have had a different result in our favour. So even with 'the same squad' - which we haven't got - there is plenty of opportunity for different results. The crowds will be back and that will help too. The young players are older (as are the older ones! :D) and there looks to be some additions.

It's a new season starting all things are possible. #COYR

Agree we haven’t got the same squad, it is weaker, don’t you agree? No Clarke, Roberts, Waghorn, Gregory or Edmundson. Talk to me Macca, talk to me ?

9 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Ha sorry mate, I meant players scoring that in a season! 

Midtable? I know it's the weekend but isn't it a bit early for the strong stuff? 

Better to hope for the best than constantly imagining the worst. #COYR

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Pointless getting yourself all miserable before a ball has even been kicked, so scoff all you like but me and Curtains are at least able to enjoy being Rams fans!!! 

Roy, we are all Rams fans and want the team to do well but realistically for me the current squad isn’t good enough for anything other than a relegation scrap. If they prove me wrong I’ll genuinely be ecstatic - I’ve got no interest in being one of those ‘I told you so’ supporters. And I’m not feeling miserable - my Rams TV subscription has been renewed, I’ve just bought a new DCFC mug and I’m at the seaside on the hottest weekend of the year - bring it on!

Satisfaction and relief are different things.

Relieved if we survive

Satisfied if we make mid table

Desire, from a selfish POV …. . home wins with goals going in, at the right end, on a regular basis