What Would You Be Satisfied With This Season?

DarkFruitsRam7

What Would You Be Satisfied With This Season?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Curtains said:

I understand that but it’s a totally negative scenario and I don’t want to entertain that .

Why do you ! 

Great, so you misread my post, glad you understand it now. This is a forum to discuss all things Rams. A discussion about how long you give the Manager if we start poorly, after the dreadful end to last season, is a legitimate topic. How many more games would you give him without a win?

27 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Great, so you misread my post, glad you understand it now. This is a forum to discuss all things Rams. A discussion about how long you give the Manager if we start poorly, after the dreadful end to last season, is a legitimate topic. How many more games would you give him without a win?

If you think I misread your post then fine. 

I am just not wanting to think about not winning any of the first 6 games that’s all. 

I concede if that happened it wouldn’t be great .

I just want to give Rooney and the team a chance .

Maybe you could look at it from a different angle and think with the cards dealt they may be a good hand in there still 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I am just not wanting to think about not winning any of the first 6 games that’s all. 

Maybe you could look at it from a different angle and think with the cards dealt they may be a good hand in there still 

I hope you are right and I am wrong ?

Heart hopes for mid table as @LeedsCityRammentioned compared to a few others, our potential squad is on a par with a few that comfortably made that last season.

Head says there was 4 teams making such a ricket of staying up last season, it was hard for others not to comfortably make mid table last year, so if we scrape up in a tougher environment because either lack cutting edge or legs at that back in stages of the season, I’ll take that 4th or 5th bottom place and hope our financial woes are not as constrained 2022/23.

In truth, really I just want to feel excited watching live football, seeing my team win the odd big game and everyone feeling a little more positive about our future as a result.

C.O.Y.R

Hopes for the season...

With the squad we've got currently, survival.  Anything else is a bonus.

What I want to see this season is to reach a (satisfactory) conclusion with the EFL on all charges and a takeover completed with the new owners setting out a strategy and investment plan to have us challenging in the top 6 year on year again.  I can cope with a season (or two!) of dross so long as there is a positive change coming. 

55 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He merely posted a potential scenario and asked whether Rooney should still be in a job if he lost the first 6 games and you jumped down his throat. He didn't say it would happen - he just asked what would happen if such a thing did come to pass. 

Maybe we will win the league, maybe Rooney sets an all time points record with this squad, but to completely disregard the other side of the coin does nobody any favours. You can't improve or remedy any problems if you just bury your head in the sand and completely ignore them in the first place. The club is facing a number of issues at the moment as we all know and whilst nobody knows how the team will perform when the season starts it doesn't mean people can't be worried about the situation our club currently finds itself in.

56 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What would be wrong with:

Marshall

Byrne Jags/Mengi Davies/Stearman Buchanan

Shinnie Bird/Bielik

Joz Sibley Lawrence

CKR

If you put Colin Warnock in charge then you might think. He will know how to get the best of that lot.

With Wazza he hasn’t got the same experience and is in the learning phase and may not get the best of them.

Hoping he has learned enough to get us toward mid table.