What Would You Be Satisfied With This Season?

DarkFruitsRam7

What Would You Be Satisfied With This Season?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Considering there are 3 weeks to go before we start the season and our squad is shaping up to be a mixture of old men and young boys I'd be taking anything that pitches us around 50 points. I don't think 44 will be enough this season so we'll have to take more points than we did last season if we want to survive. Further to the acquiring of more points though, I would hope that we at least try and play a little better than last season with a more coherent approach to games that resembles something of an identity as opposed to matching the opposition and almost inevitably losing. 

Personally, I'm not feeling particularly confident unless we can get in a few more bodies and adopt a cohesive approach to games and the club as a whole. 

No doubting we're still in a dicey situation but refuse to be satisfied with merely scraping survival & hence have gone for midtable.

We still have a lot of talent in the squad - the thought of Lawrence, a fully engaged Morrison & Jozwiak playing behind striker(s) is pretty mouthwatering & as talented as anything in this division. There is steady stream of talented youth players coming through & some fantastic experience to guide them - Kazim, Davies, Marshall, potentially Jagielka also. And Bielik to return at some point too. Not blind to the gaping holes we have in key areas (CB, CF) but the lads currently on trial will bring quality, no matter what their route here has been.

I also compare us to other sides in this division - neither Luton or Preston or Coventry have massive resources but all finished comfortably midtable last season. Barnsley went even further - this isn't a division that rewards big spending or big name players. Its about building a team by getting the right blend of players, identifying a style that suits this division & sticking to it/getting better at it.

Obviously still a big question mark over Rooney & the management team to mould this new unit. My thoughts on him are expressed elsewhere but I genuinely hope he proves me & many others wrong. He'll now understand the scale of the challenge & quite intrigued to see the new style he has said we'll be employing this season. Also would admit to softening my view given he's still here despite how chaotic the last few weeks have been.

Ultimately, we shouldn't ever be happy with 21st given the size of the club & our ultimate ambitions. An improved finish to 10th - 16th with the EFL stuff resolved would see me satisfied.

COYR

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Considering there are 3 weeks to go before we start the season and our squad is shaping up to be a mixture of old men and young boys I'd be taking anything that pitches us around 50 points. I don't think 44 will be enough this season so we'll have to take more points than we did last season if we want to survive. Further to the acquiring of more points though, I would hope that we at least try and play a little better than last season with a more coherent approach to games that resembles something of an identity as opposed to matching the opposition and almost inevitably losing. Personally, I'm not feeling particularly confident unless we can get in a few more bodies and adopt a cohesive approach to games and the club as a whole. 

when pigs fly evil laugh GIF

My only hope for this season is that we somehow get through unscathed. Takeover before Christmas will allow some propping up in the market next year. 

I thought last year felt like a wasted season, but this season really, really feels like a wasted season!

I’d snap your hand off for a 21st place finish this season, especially if we can get a take over sorted this year clear all the embargo stuff and start again fresh the season after still in the championship 

2 hours ago, UTFR said:

Average number of wins for a 21st placed team for the last few years is 11.5.

Means 35 games where we lose or draw.

Mean winning 1 in 4 games this season.

2 wins in 8, 3 in 12. etc etc

Anyone who says they will be satisfied with that is a liar. 90% of people who have said scrape survival will be screaming for rooney out after a few games.

Most people think we will be relegated. When fans say they'd be satisfied with scraping survival thats because they think its going to be worse in reality.

If we stay up i'd be more than satisfied given the circumstances, but i already want Rooney out. The two views aren't mutually exclusive

I'd be relieved just to stay up.

To be satisfied  a) Bielik would have to come back and be a cornerstone of our team 

b) the take over would be sorted to everyone's satisfaction

c)   We would have to end the season at least 3 places higher than last season,

d) Wayne would have to show some progress as a manager,

For me, satisfaction depends on seeing even a small amount of improvement over last season otherwise we will be getting nowhere and that is not satisfying.

Just now, Jourdan said:

Baldock in attack? Jagielka at the back? Lawrence as captain? Rooney, Rosenior, and the magic clipboard? A kit that says Bolton Wanderers tribute act?

I can only see promotion and anything less would be a disappointment of immeasurable proportions.

I like the new positive Jourdan ?

18 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Such is the negativity on here by some if we were in the pub discussing dcfc I'd have to move tables in all honesty. 

Or realistic perhaps ?

given how last season transpired and how we are meandering through the close season with no clearer indication to our ownership, financial future or efl embargo 

if we finished mid table with some more academy talents broken in I’d be delighted … I’m hopeful and perhaps optimistically thinking maybe Rooney can Create a lovely blend of old and young (assuming we can sign them)

but I’m sure as hell a little worried as to how this season may pan out

so much uncertainty surrounding us to not be worried imo  

We need a new Topic where people can put their " i knew he would come good" in the event Rooney does turn things around. I'm not condemning him till at least 15 games into the new season when and if nothing has changed from last season.

1 minute ago, superzak said:

We need a new Topic where people can put their " i knew he would come good" in the event Rooney does turn things around. I'm not condemning him till at least 15 games into the new season when and if nothing has changed from last season.

15 games, really, even if we have a similar start to last season? If we don’t win in our first 6 in what looks like a relatively easy start, that would be 1 win in 22 games. Has any manager in history survived with a record like that ?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

15 games, really, even if we have a similar start to last season? If we don’t win in our first 6 in what looks like a relatively easy start, that would be 1 win in 22 games. Has any manager in history survived with a record like that ?

Paul Jewell ?