EFL Verdict

DCFC90

could the club and efl already have received the DC report and not made it public? The EFL have appealed and this is already with the LAP/ We know so little. Perhaps time for a club update, even if it is to confirm we are still awaiting the final report.

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

Taken from a post on the Wycombe messageboard today

"For what it's worth, a friend of mine who has friends within Derby's first team squad tells me they are all very concerned. The club aren't telling them anything, most of them think they're destined for League One this summer as a result and, given most of them have contracts which include significant pay cuts for relegation, they're almost in open mutiny. Wayne Rooney is being kept away from media over the Euros as they don't want him getting questions on Derby's plight..."

He’s very lucky that his group of friends are all still in the ‘squad’ to give him his inside knowledge. ?

19 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

could the club and efl already have received the DC report and not made it public? The EFL have appealed and this is already with the LAP/ We know so little. Perhaps time for a club update, even if it is to confirm we are still awaiting the final report.

Last statement said...

" it shall not comment further until after publication of the full written reasons of the Disciplinary Commission."

No need for any further statement is there?

18 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I'm not sure that's particularly likely, as if they were doing that I'd have expected a much more guarded "the process is ongoing" line in the statements. Even the interchangeable stuff would've been "due to the process not being finalised"

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Somebody clarified tho that the EFL can also impose a penalty of up to 9 points in respect of how "awkward" we've been, independent of the size of any breach. Think that it might be @Ghost of Cloughwho clarified that.

So I think our assumption should be that for even a small amount the wrong side of the line the EFL will be wanting to start at 9.

We can appeal that part which I'm sure we would. 

It’s the sad thing about an adversarial system. Somehow the parties, judges and arbitrators do t look at what is right and fair. One party starts offf with max max win and the other argues against that. 

I guess I am biased but in the end whatever we did (if anything at all ! ) what “unfair advantage” did we gain ?

Frankly anyone with a sense of justice must see that every team outside the parachutes has played smart boy with accountants .. We haven’t done anything gross AND as a form of evidence … here we are…. in the same league (by the skin of our teeth ) where we were 7 years ago. 

Any sanction simply has to be nominal … It won’t be .. I guarantee the EFL want blood and points deductions .. But what they want isn’t a reasonable outcome from the POV of a dispassionate observer 

As a minimum, I bet right now it’s 3 points probably 6 and if it isn’t then the job is t done and they will be back for yet another bite at the cherry

… This in no way reflects the real actions of the club or any supposed advantage they have gained from them. It’s politics not fair play and it sucks 

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Last statement said...

" it shall not comment further until after publication of the full written reasons of the Disciplinary Commission."

No need for any further statement is there?

No but reassuring supporters would never be a bad thing IMO. Are you not a little surprised at the gap between initial release and publication of report? I am. 

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

Something is going on here, how come we haven't seen these written reasons yet? 

Of course the players are going to be worried about playing in league 1 - the club isn't going to tell them what's going on (if they know) because it'll get leaked via agents.

I wonder if the DC are upset with EFL for posting that they had an interchangeable fixture list?

Perhaps there's something in the DC decision that the EFL don't like, or even criticises the LAP? 

I wonder if there's a discussion going on between the EFL and Sky? I'm 99% sure that the EFL want to relegate us. I'd guess that Sky are worried about how few big teams are in the Championship. Of course, Sky should not have any say, but...

2 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

No but reassuring supporters would never be a bad thing IMO. Are you not a little surprised at the gap between initial release and publication of report? I am. 

Theyve been reassured that the club wont comment until the findings are published.

No, nothing surprises me with the EFL.

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

Taken from a post on the Wycombe messageboard today

"For what it's worth, a friend of mine who has friends within Derby's first team squad tells me they are all very concerned. The club aren't telling them anything, most of them think they're destined for League One this summer as a result and, given most of them have contracts which include significant pay cuts for relegation, they're almost in open mutiny. Wayne Rooney is being kept away from media over the Euros as they don't want him getting questions on Derby's plight..."

Ahh the old friend of a friends aunties dog.

Mind you it would probably get a game.

16 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I wonder if there's a discussion going on between the EFL and Sky? I'm 99% sure that the EFL want to relegate us. I'd guess that Sky are worried about how few big teams are in the Championship. Of course, Sky should not have any say, but...

I think there is zero chance that Sky are consulted or will have any input. 

33 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

The initial report is normally the statement when the DC's report is released, which is agreed to by the club and the EFL, however the EFL jumped the gun, released their statement, didn't speak to the club about it, and haven't waited for the DC's report to be published. That is why there is such a big gap. Nothing we can do about it.

There is also nothing to be reported, at the minute, as the EFL cannot appeal until the release of the DC's report, we have our fine, and need to work on our accounts for the last 5 years, which is more important. 

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

I can see it now...

‘*CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT*

there isn’t one. We will post another announcement tomorrow.

Derby County Football Club.’

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t know what input into them but I think parachute payments are a little different to disciplinary punishments and relegation. Just my opinion. 

There will be no official input, but money always talks and it's very naive to believe that unofficial lobbying doesn’t happen. If Sky want us to stay up (that's by no means certain), then they will have made the EFL aware of it. 

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

Not surprising at all - makes sense.

5 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

There will be no official input, but money always talks and it's very naive to believe that unofficial lobbying doesn’t happen. If Sky want us to stay up (that's by no means certain), then they will have made the EFL aware of it. 

Well if it's a possibility (unofficial lobbying that is) then good job we've got a famous manager! ? 

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well if it's a possibility (unofficial lobbying that is) then good job we've got a famous manager! ? 

There you go @RoyMac5 I knew there was an underlying reason why your support for WR was so unwavering. You’ve let your guard down and revealed it in that single post. It’s not what you know but who you know and our Wayne is very well connected. All makes sense know. Viva Wayne!!! ???

4 minutes ago, Gisby said:

There you go @RoyMac5 I knew there was an underlying reason why your support for WR was so unwavering. You’ve let your guard down and revealed it in that single post. It’s not what you know but who you know and our Wayne is very well connected. All makes sense know. Viva Wayne!!! ???

Lol! How else will we get a 'full squad' too?!