Can england win euro 2021

B4ev6is

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Playing a 433 without a Henderson or rice in sight and attacking from the off. 

Southgate has changed the system considerably since then. 

He has. It's a misconception that Southgate has always been a negative manager. We were quite a positive attacking side up until 2020. Watch the games back. He's changed it since then, we pass sideways and backwards all the time and it just feels more cautious. 

2 hours ago, Stockport Ram said:

I think he's decided that we'll never win by the mantra of "We're gonna score one more than you" so he's decided on six defenders and four attackers in principle.

I just don't think that we're good enough defensively to stop the rapier-like attacks of Belgium or France - both seem to be able to almost saunter through games and turn on the magic whenever they need to.   Ironically, the draw has given us far more opportunity than I expected, but I still think that the flags will be coming down next Tuesday night.

I  think he's simply playing horses for courses nowadays.  Croatia game he knew we had to close down Modric so stuck Rice & Philips on him, and went with Mount & Foden cus they can come short and pick up the ball once it's been won.  With Scotland he got it wrong with going with both Rice (who I don't personally rate) & Philips again and McGinn & Gilmour ended up doing what we did to Modric.  He should've also gone with Sancho or Saka so we had someone to supply some width and someone who can take a player on.  Against the Czechs he got runners around Kane and had Grealish & Saka to break the lines with a dribble so we looked better again.

Against Germany I think he'll look to spoil again and sneak a 1-0 or win on penalties.  Will it work?  I doubt it...

How the draws opened up, we now have one of the best chances in our history of making a Final. We need to beat a poor (by their standards) German side, then there is nothing ahead of us that we should worry about if we are looking at Squad for Squad comparisons. 
The only way we won’t get there is purely down to the Manager, and I have no faith he will deliver unfortunately. 

If England win the Euros it will be right up there with the greatest footballing achievements of all time only bettered by Forest winning the European Cup by beating Liverpool, AEK Athens, Grasshopper Zurich, Koln & Malmö and Oster, Arges Pitesti, Dynamo Berlin, Ajax & Hamburg. ?

Edited by Coconut

Fantastic result last night and England have been doing the right things through out the tournament, I think Denmark will be hard but I think we can be them but my biggest fear is ITALY without a doubt. Let's hope we can beat them. 

5 hours ago, Coconut said:

If England win the Euros it will be right up there with the greatest footballing achievements of all time only bettered by Forest winning the European Cup by beating Liverpool, AEK Athens, Grasshopper Zurich, Koln & Malmö and Oster, Arges Pitesti, Dynamo Berlin, Ajax & Hamburg. ?

Bloody hell, no wonder that they won it. Must have been the easiest passage in the history of the competition.