Jason Knight

desirelines

10 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

So if the 50/50 was with CKR would it have been his fault? Or more likely would we just think well this happens in football even in training. 

So with a fellow player, over a wannabe manager. Got you.

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

So with a fellow player, over a wannabe manager. Got you.

If things were currently going well, you would accept this for what it is.......an unfortunate accident, one of those things etc

If you read anything about Dave Mackay you would know how he played even in training matches.

3 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

If things were currently going well, you would accept this for what it is.......an unfortunate accident, one of those things etc

If you read anything about Dave Mackay you would know how he played even in training matches.

Don't think Dave Mackay has any relevance to the 2021/22 season I'm afraid.

I'm no fan of Rooney, but I do think this is being blown out of proportion, I bet the young lads absolutely love having Englands all time top goalscorer joining in training. 

One thing you have to ask though, how has this story made it to the press? His agent? Or has someone within the club let it slip, at such a key and critical time, why?

His character has taken an absolute beating since his comments on Saturday.

Just now, Eatonram said:

only if you do not understand the point or context of the comment.

Understood it perfectly fine, just don't think you understand modern elite performance and football training.

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I think he's a great player, but I don't think we'd overly miss him this year if he did go. If we have to sell to allow us to strengthen other areas then so be it. £25 mill and he is all yours Newcastle.

If the price was right I’d happily sell 

reminds me over a over excited puppy dog 

bags and bags of energy but messy.

sure he will improve and be a good player but just would be a good move for all conceded imo

14 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

If the price was right I’d happily sell 

reminds me over a over excited puppy dog 

bags and bags of energy but messy.

sure he will improve and be a good player but just would be a good move for all conceded imo

Indeed. After seeing some of the pre season games I think we've got enough players in midfield who can do a similar or better job. Midfield is our strongest area at the moment and if we could get enough money for Knight to lift the embargo it should allow us to strengthen the other paper thin areas of the squad

15 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

What can we realistically expect as a fee?

£5m I would say in the current market. A steady prospect, but not one who I would say has shown a particularly high ceiling. He’s been consistent and has a bit of needle about him, but I wouldn’t say he’s an outstanding footballer yet, nor have I seen it from him. 

17 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

What can we realistically expect as a fee?

Realistically I’d say between £5m-£8m with a 10-20% sell on.

if you’re B4 £30m-£40mand a 75% sell on.

Most probably £2.5m-£4m and if he’s sold on we give them money back knowing us.