Celebrity fans

Poynton ram

31 minutes ago, LondonRam2 said:

I like the Prog Rock/DCFC historical coincidence theory.  If you take the years approx 1968 -1976 as the 'Prog years' then the theory works.

SO, all we need is to somehow engineer a Prog revival and another DCFC Golden Age will follow!

Well I'm up for doing a Prog Tribute Band hehheh, any other musos on here?  You'll have to be good mind...

its a YES from me

12 hours ago, LondonRam2 said:

I like the Prog Rock/DCFC historical coincidence theory.  If you take the years approx 1968 -1976 as the 'Prog years' then the theory works.

SO, all we need is to somehow engineer a Prog revival and another DCFC Golden Age will follow!

Well I'm up for doing a Prog Tribute Band hehheh, any other musos on here?  You'll have to be good mind...

What about that fella from Derby who was in Van Der Graff Generator. Was he a Rams fan ?

Peter Hammill was born in London but grew up in Derby and attended Manchester University.  I don't know his views on footie but I think we can probably say that if he does follow a team it's probably the Rams.

Pedantry Corner - I think it's actually Van der Graaf Generator.

Prog lives!

On 25/05/2021 at 09:04, LondonRam2 said:

Pink Floyd released The Endless River in 2014 just when we were good .. so are we waiting on some distant new Floydian reunion? ?

On 24/05/2021 at 17:46, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

John Motson used to buy him a gift from the club shop whenever he did commentary anywhere.  He bought him a pencil case with a Ram on it that became his favourite.  I know someone from Derby who became a West Brom as he used to chat to the milkman when he was kid and he always had a replica shirt on .  

Small things

Fred Motson might also have become a Derby fan, whilst he was at Repton School. His Dad used to take him out for Sunday lunch at the Bull's Head, if he'd commentated in the area, the day before.

On 25/05/2021 at 09:04, LondonRam2 said:

Can we skip the next golden age so we don't have to suffer Prog Rock?

11 hours ago, LondonRam2 said:

Prog lives!

Amen! The only real Muse to test your IQ, he shouted from the Riverside. 

More on this toMOROW(.com)

Edited by RedSox
Adding web channel plug

6 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Pink Floyd released The Endless River in 2014 just when we were good .. so are we waiting on some distant new Floydian reunion? ?

Could be waiting some time for that...Richard Wright (RIP) is brown bread, Dave Gilmour and Roger Waters can’t be in the same room together and Nick Mason is busy watching somebody polish all his motors. ☹️

6 hours ago, Zurich Ram said:

Fred Motson might also have become a Derby fan, whilst he was at Repton School. His Dad used to take him out for Sunday lunch at the Bull's Head, if he'd commentated in the area, the day before.

Did Motty do commentary on the Bull’s Head first X1 ?

16 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Can we skip the next golden age so we don't have to suffer Prog Rock?

The fact that you're willing to forego success for the Rams in order to avoid Prog Rock means that for you the genre must be associated in your mind with a great deal of pain and/or boredom, for which I can only apologise LOL.

On 26/05/2021 at 07:49, LondonRam2 said:

Peter Hammill was born in London but grew up in Derby and attended Manchester University.  I don't know his views on footie but I think we can probably say that if he does follow a team it's probably the Rams.

Pedantry Corner - I think it's actually Van der Graaf Generator.

Prog lives!

Yes it is vd Graaf