Celebrity fans

Poynton ram

Wikipedia says that the guitarist from the Gaslight Anthem, Alex Rosamilia, is a fan. He's from New Jersey, Rosamilia doesn't sound much like its a name that comes from around here, and he was born well after our heyday, so God knows why he's decided to subject himself to the misery of supporting us.

Daniel Sturridge used to support us, on account of his uncle playing for us, but sounds like his allegiances went when Dean did.

2 hours ago, JfR said:

Wikipedia says that the guitarist from the Gaslight Anthem, Alex Rosamilia, is a fan. He's from New Jersey, Rosamilia doesn't sound much like its a name that comes from around here, and he was born well after our heyday, so God knows why he's decided to subject himself to the misery of supporting us.

Daniel Sturridge used to support us, on account of his uncle playing for us, but sounds like his allegiances went when Dean did.

I spoke to him a few years ago through a mutual friend from my old promoter days. His girlfriend is from round these parts so she got him invested! He's been to a couple of games over the years on days off on UK tours.

1 hour ago, Retro_RAM said:

From what i've read John Motson is a Barnet fan but his son is certainly a Rams fan, here is a post from 2003. http://www.bbc.co.uk/Derby/rams/motson/fred_motson.shtml

John Motson used to buy him a gift from the club shop whenever he did commentary anywhere.  He bought him a pencil case with a Ram on it that became his favourite.  I know someone from Derby who became a West Brom as he used to chat to the milkman when he was kid and he always had a replica shirt on .  

Small things

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

John Motson used to buy him a gift from the club shop whenever he did commentary anywhere.  He bought him a pencil case with a Ram on it that became his favourite.  I know someone from Derby who became a West Brom as he used to chat to the milkman when he was kid and he always had a replica shirt on .  

Small things

Keep up I posted that two days ago ?

I like the Prog Rock/DCFC historical coincidence theory.  If you take the years approx 1968 -1976 as the 'Prog years' then the theory works.

SO, all we need is to somehow engineer a Prog revival and another DCFC Golden Age will follow!

Well I'm up for doing a Prog Tribute Band hehheh, any other musos on here?  You'll have to be good mind...