Waghorn

IslandExile

30 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I’m a big critic of his - but I’d offer him a new deal based off that game. We just need to build a much better team around him now. 

Why? He was good today, he stepped up when we needed him so fair play to him, but that doesn't change that he's had a bad season and isn't the future for Derby. We should thank him for his efforts today, but no way should he get a new contract. 

Thought Waggy was great today, both on and off the pitch. I loved his cheerleading of the defence from the sidelines almost as much as his heroics on the field.

His son plays in our academy and on Instagram both always seem very proud of their club. 

His poor form this season has been in marked contrast to his usual  bubbly persona, so I am pleased to be able to say something positive again. He's a great guy.

Honorable mention to young Festy Ebosele too, taking a booking for the team despite not getting on in the game. A true Ram in the making! 

A lot of criticism for a while for Waggy. Some quite rightly justified as his touch is often poor, he often misses chances and his footballing brain should be far better in terms of some of his decision making (particularly when making challenges).

However the heart and effort he has shown today is a huge reason we are safe. If our side had showed that throughout the season we'd be nowhere near the relegation zone. Two goals and an assist, and he set up Jozwiak to win the penalty. A pretty good day's work for him seeing as his collision with the post looked truly horrific, I was amazed they even let him continue.

Very occasionally someone does something that will go down in legend. 

Take a bow Waggy. 

Could so easily have just allowed himself to be taken off having missed a very good chance and nearly breaking himself in half. 

To drag himself up, score a great goal, set up another, take responsibility for slamming the penalty home and then cheer-leading the boys home...legendary performance. 

Redemption.. whatever happens that will go down as one of the most important individual Derby performances of my lifetime. 

Enjoy your night mate.