How you holding up ...

NottsRam77

1 minute ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Maybe we are just different kinds of people. I’ve accepted relegation because we have been that bad we deserve it. If not for a points deduction for our opponents tomorrow this discussion wouldn’t be happening. On the field we are awful, I’ll support this club until the day I die but I struggle to support our current players... what have they given us to support?

Lowest goal scorers in the league... rock bottom of the form table for the last 15 games.

It’s not easy to be a happy clapper when you’re a ram.

But they have been deducted the points, and they’re below us. Might as well say if they didn’t have their deduction reduced then they’d be relegated already and our game would be ‘easier’, it’s hypothetical.

I’m not advocating any praise for these players. However we have one more game and after this, survival or relegation, a lot of them will be gone. Once they’re gone I won’t care where they go, but for now, the support may be the edge that keeps us up, it’s just a shame there’s no fans allowed in the ground.

Accepting the position we’re in and giving unwavering support to prevent the position getting even worse doesn’t have to mean you’re a happy clapper. Being doom & gloom and endlessly critical to prove a point doesn’t have to be the only way.

Don't see us getting anything from the game,half the players don't appear interested ,the squad ,management included are clueless and Mel now disintrested. Doesn't bode well until we have a good clear out. Sure half the football league will be laughing their socks off, if not only for the reason we have probably employed and sacked half of them during the last 5 years?. It's the Derby way and if we go down it will be on merit.

the team has nothing to play for, irrespective of the outcome, most will be gone and good riddance.

will be keeping everything crossed  that we pull some thing out of the bag, but only  for the sake of our supporters and the well being of the clubs future. As much as I support the club my enthusiasm towards many wearing my beloved shirt and those representing DCFC has waned during the season.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Feel sorry for you! A whole day awake waiting for a game like this, at least the patriots can bypass some of the nervous hours with sleep!

I will never ever complain about a dead-rubber final day of the season again.

I’ve played and managed teams in grand finals before and they are the games you dreamed about being involved in. In a funny way, this has the same feeling as a gf. It doesn’t matter if you’ve gone through a whole season undefeated or you just scraped in, it comes down to who is the better team on that day. Nothing else matters. 

42 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I've had a good luck message from my mate Canadian Dan in vancouver. 

He bizarrely has a connection to Derby as he has relatives living off Osmaston Park Road. 

So they dare not lose, the pansies. 

#doitforcanadiandan

Not related to Donovan Bailey the Canadian 100 metre Olympic gold medallist from 96 is he .  Remember him saying hello to the people of Derby when the BBC apprehended him at the end of the race.  Thought I misheard at the time but apparently he has family here.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

But they have been deducted the points, and they’re below us. Might as well say if they didn’t have their deduction reduced then they’d be relegated already and our game would be ‘easier’, it’s hypothetical.

I’m not advocating any praise for these players. However we have one more game and after this, survival or relegation, a lot of them will be gone. Once they’re gone I won’t care where they go, but for now, the support may be the edge that keeps us up, it’s just a shame there’s no fans allowed in the ground.

Accepting the position we’re in and giving unwavering support to prevent the position getting even worse doesn’t have to mean you’re a happy clapper. Being doom & gloom and endlessly critical to prove a point doesn’t have to be the only way.

I’m not doom and gloom to prove a point. It’s how these players have made me, after an incredibly difficult year personally my hobby has been ruined as I now dread the weekend rather than look forward to it. I wish it wasn’t the case but I don’t enjoy watching us at the minute it’s a chore and out of loyalty I feel I have to. I look forward to the days I can actually enjoy it again. COYR ?

Just now, Stagtime said:

I’ve played and managed teams in grand finals before and they are the games you dreamed about being involved in. In a funny way, this has the same feeling as a gf. It doesn’t matter if you’ve gone through a whole season undefeated or you just scraped in, it comes down to who is the better team on that day. Nothing else matters. 

I don’t want Rooney as our manager any longer. I will be advocating his departure win, lose or draw tomorrow. However the plus side is he has played in many a big game in his career and should be able to easily identify who is up for the challenge and who isn’t. If they’re not, they can sit at home and get an early start on their hunt for another club to steal a living from.

Every single one of them needs to leave their hearts on the pitch tomorrow. No matter the result it’s all we can ask. Unfortunately there’s only a few players I can see doing that, however I’m very open to being proved wrong.

15 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Maybe we are just different kinds of people. I’ve accepted relegation because we have been that bad we deserve it. If not for a points deduction for our opponents tomorrow this discussion wouldn’t be happening. On the field we are awful, I’ll support this club until the day I die but I struggle to support our current players... what have they given us to support?

Lowest goal scorers in the league... rock bottom of the form table for the last 15 games.

It’s not easy to be a happy clapper when you’re a ram.

I think it's more a case of defiant optimism in the face of greater odds. 

Spent the day hungover after a night out on thursday and not got much done apart from reading a book, playing football manager and thinking about tomorrow. My gut feeling is we'll go down but even if we do I'll be there next season and my friend who has previously resisted my attempts to get her to the ground will be joining me for a few games too. So, I'm trying to think about the positives- cheaper tickets, new away days, being a really big team in that division and seeing some different clubs if the worst does happen. 

12 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I don’t want Rooney as our manager any longer. I will be advocating his departure win, lose or draw tomorrow. However the plus side is he has played in many a big game in his career and should be able to easily identify who is up for the challenge and who isn’t. If they’re not, they can sit at home and get an early start on their hunt for another club to steal a living from.

Every single one of them needs to leave their hearts on the pitch tomorrow. No matter the result it’s all we can ask. Unfortunately there’s only a few players I can see doing that, however I’m very open to being proved wrong.

I see this as the game that will define Rooney’s managerial career. Whether it’s with us or elsewhere is a discussion for next week.

3 hours ago, HuddersRam said:

Went for a walk to try and forget about the magnitude of tomorrow. Midway through I got chased by a goose for the first time in my life. 

Not sure what it all means. Worrying though, ain't it.

Had you stopped concentrating just beforehand?

35 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

playing football manager

Please tell me ... is growing players and increasing their value ... an important part of the game?

And in your game, do we win tomorrow (today), and how many times have we won the Champions League?

23 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Fairly relaxed about tommorrow, if we stay up great, if we go down well that's football. What scares me is the next few months, will we have a club this time next year?

We 100% will have a club, there's no basis for believing anything else. Even if the Spanish Walter Mitty gets binned off by the EFL (here's hoping), there have been at least 2 other interested parties apparently, one of which is local & may well be a previous owner. Not that either of them are dependant on us 'having a club' anymore, Mel has also said he will fund the club until we're sold & the wage bill is about to tumble in the summer.

This division or the division below, we're still here - tough luck ?

Edited by LeedsCityRam