How you holding up ...

NottsRam77

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well I’m aware we’re playing, but I genuinely have barely thought about it. It’s not like the playoff final, where anything could have happened and it was genuinely nerve wracking. We’re losing tomorrow, we just are. The football club is dying at the hands of Mel Morris, so, as much as it pains me, I’ve tried to distance myself from what’s going on so it hurts less. I’ve barely even looked at the forum this week, as you can probably tell from my lack of posts. It’s just sad to see what’s happening to our club. You look at teams like Blackpool, Bolton, Bury and you just hope to God we’re not next. I fear we are.

If we are then we are... you can change for friends, your job and your girlfriend (or boyfriend) you can’t change your football team. No matter what I will always be Derby County as you and every poster on this forum will be. The owners will change, the managers will change, the players will change... we will always be here.

8 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

If we are then we are... you can change for friends, your job and your girlfriend (or boyfriend) you can’t change your football team. No matter what I will always be Derby County as you and every poster on this forum will be. The owners will change, the managers will change, the players will change... we will always be here.

Absolutely. We will all still be here. We are Derby County, not these players, not this management team and not this board. We will get our club back one day.

10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Feel sorry for anyone who has resigned themselves to the worst. I will have my Ram on my chest tomorrow, no matter how poor we have been, no matter how low my confidence is, no matter how much I want change throughout this Club.

Come on boys, make me proud again. Rightly or wrongly, I believe in you ??

I’ve resigned myself but that doesn’t mean I won’t have the ram on my chest... I believe in this club, it’s who I am. The current players and owner I don’t believe in but as I’ve said before they will go and the club will remain.

23 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well I’m aware we’re playing, but I genuinely have barely thought about it. It’s not like the playoff final, where anything could have happened and it was genuinely nerve wracking. We’re losing tomorrow, we just are. The football club is dying at the hands of Mel Morris, so, as much as it pains me, I’ve tried to distance myself from what’s going on so it hurts less. I’ve barely even looked at the forum this week, as you can probably tell from my lack of posts. It’s just sad to see what’s happening to our club. You look at teams like Blackpool, Bolton, Bury and you just hope to God we’re not next. I fear we are.

Dramatic...much.?

we won’t go down, we won’t go bust. 

Just now, Ramslad1992 said:

I’ve resigned myself but that doesn’t mean I won’t have the ram on my chest... I believe in this club, it’s who I am. The current players and owner I don’t believe in but as I’ve said before they will go and the club will remain.

I don’t realistically see how anybody can be convinced we will be relegated though. As bad as we have been, we are capable of getting a point against a side who have been pretty much as bad as us this season. That’s all it may take, we’ll have to see.

Claims that they forgot we were playing or will just not bother watching because we’ve lost six in a row are downright ridiculous in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I don’t realistically see how anybody can be convinced we will be relegated though. As bad as we have been, we are capable of getting a point against a side who have been pretty much as bad as us this season. That’s all it may take, we’ll have to see.

Claims that they forgot we were playing or will just not bother watching because we’ve lost six in a row are downright ridiculous in my opinion.

We are capable I agree. We have been capable of winning any of our last 6 and we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I just don’t see the fight from our current squad. The players we have shouldn’t even be in this position... they’re not performing to their ability. As to why is the cause for concern.

Just now, Ramslad1992 said:

We are capable I agree. We have been capable of winning any of our last 6 and we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I just don’t see the fight from our current squad. The players we have shouldn’t even be in this position... they’re not performing to their ability. As to why is the cause for concern.

We have taken the lead 3 times in recent games and thrown it away. Sheffield Wednesday have not recovered from a losing position all season, so it suggests if we take the lead we are in a very strong position despite throwing it away in each of those times. In this circumstance we may benefit from the nerves, and the confidence being shot on both sides compared to if we played a mid table side with nothing to play for.

We will have to see tomorrow, but the fact of the matter is we are playing side who points-per-game are pretty much the same as us. That says a lot seeing how bad we’ve been. If anyone truly things there is zero alternative than relegation because we’ve lost a few in a row then they may as well find another sport because it’s a lost cause. Have some faith, support the club, support the players. Save the doom and gloom and the criticism for after the final whistle.

Game day here already, chill in the air and not a cloud in the sky. Just counting down to the 9.30 pm kickoff. All the trials and tribulations of the season mean nothing at this point. It all comes down to one game, we know exactly what we we have to do whereas others are relying on results going their way. Can you imagine the pressure on SW, they know even a win might not be enough, the stress of wages not being paid, the pressure outside of football that puts on you and your family.

All in our hands, haven’t felt this confident about a result in a long time.COYR

29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Bit of a difference between the fates of those three but honestly think you're winding yourself up. Fortunes of clubs can also change so much - two of those 3 you've cited are in the top 3 of their division & looking to go up with decent local owners in charge. Yes Bury are in a very bad place now but look at AFC Wimbledon, the club is because of the fans not the other way round.

Win, lose or draw tomorrow, we go again & when you get back to Leeds, get that Ram on your chest - there's plenty of us up here, we ain't going anywhere & the locals can't stand it!! COYR ?

Just now, Stagtime said:

Game day here already, chill in the air and not a cloud in the sky. Just counting down to the 9.30 pm kickoff. All the trials and tribulations of the season mean nothing at this point. It all comes down to one game, we know exactly what we we have to do whereas others are relying on results going their way. Can you imagine the pressure on SW, they know even a win might not be enough, the stress of wages not being paid, the pressure outside of football that puts on you and your family.

All in our hands, haven’t felt this confident about a result in a long time.COYR

Feel sorry for you! A whole day awake waiting for a game like this, at least the patriots can bypass some of the nervous hours with sleep!

I will never ever complain about a dead-rubber final day of the season again.

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Been sat behind a desk most the day with my stomach in knots with nerves 

god knows what I’m going to be like tomorrow....Mrs knows what a big deal this is for me so is kindly taking herself and the eldest out leaving me with the 2 yo lad

hes Going to have to face the harsh reality of being a Derby fan in Nottingham some day so it may as well start tomorrow 

We’re in this together 

COYR!!!!

from a rams fan who has lived (8 years before moving back in January) and working (of sorts, WFH right now) in Nottm I feel your pain.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

We have taken the lead 3 times in recent games and thrown it away. Sheffield Wednesday have not recovered from a losing position all season, so it suggests if we take the lead we are in a very strong position despite throwing it away in each of those times. In this circumstance we may benefit from the nerves, and the confidence being shot on both sides compared to if we played a mid table side with nothing to play for.

We will have to see tomorrow, but the fact of the matter is we are playing side who points-per-game are pretty much the same as us. That says a lot seeing how bad we’ve been. If anyone truly things there is zero alternative than relegation because we’ve lost a few in a row then they may as well find another sport because it’s a lost cause. Have some faith, support the club, support the players. Save the doom and gloom and the criticism for after the final whistle.

Maybe we are just different kinds of people. I’ve accepted relegation because we have been that bad we deserve it. If not for a points deduction for our opponents tomorrow this discussion wouldn’t be happening. On the field we are awful, I’ll support this club until the day I die but I struggle to support our current players... what have they given us to support?

Lowest goal scorers in the league... rock bottom of the form table for the last 15 games.

It’s not easy to be a happy clapper when you’re a ram.