Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If that's the case then surely liquidate the club and start again?

I'd imagine there is a bigger apatite from fans over a new phoenix club than there would be for the above scenario. It's not even remotely close for me. Hit the reset button and start again for me. 

I don't think there's much chance of that lot being true. If by some chance it is, and we face several seasons of points deductions and embargoes, it will be hard to maintain interest. Personally, I would rather we started again in the Conference North and were at least competitive again.

27 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If that's the case then surely liquidate the club and start again?

I'd imagine there is a bigger apatite from fans over a new phoenix club than there would be for the above scenario. It's not even remotely close for me. Hit the reset button and start again for me. 

no ground, no history, over 130 years of records extinguished, playing non league football on a pitch shared by another similar team.  Re start is not the phrase.

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

The accounts may well have been compliant legally for companies law, but this has no bearing on the rules of the football league. Clubs agree to compliance to the rules, it is in their articles of association.

40 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This is completely wrong. We were ordered to resubmit accounts which were in accordance with FRS102... not necessarily straight-line

Exactly, also the bit I’ve quoted above, definitely not true in the case of amortisation, there was no mention of how only that it must be done, the only regulation relevant is that the accounts have to be in accordance with FRS102.

Also, as an aside, I keep seeing people mention that Mel cannot sell the stadium back for a lesser amount, and that the EFL would be all over it. From everything said in both ours and Sheffield Wednesday’s DC documentation this is untrue, the only reason he had to sell it for fair market value is because he was a related party to the sale, if he is no longer a related party, which he won’t be, it is irrelevant.

The ruling for the stadium is done, the EFL had 14 days after the ruling to appeal it, they didn’t. What happens going forwards has no bearing on what happened in the past, circumstances have changed so plans for the stadium have subsequently changed, it doesn’t change the reasons for the previous sale.

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I don't think there's much chance of that lot being true. If by some chance it is, and we face several seasons of points deductions and embargoes, it will be hard to maintain interest. Personally, I would rather we started again in the Conference North and were at least competitive again.

There will always be interest, look at Rangers FC. Derby is a well supported club, especially for the size of the city. Not many cities can boast Derby's attendances in proportion to their size. Even if interest wanes a bit it will always be there and can come back. 

2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Glasgow Rangers restarted with all things (ground etc.) the same?

you have a dream, good for you.

My view is that we are not Rangers (one of the top 2 teams in Scotland), this is not Scotland there are far more leagues to navigate, this is not Scotland the competition is far more fierce, Derby is not Glasgow

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

no longer his choice though

Agree.. but would he do it knowingly that there was a chance of liquidation

Or that removing himself from the equation appeases the efl (to an extent) and makes the process of buying the club an easier one 

im only throwing it out there 

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

He's made that a distinct possibility by putting us into administration, (which was 100% his call and his call alone).

Sorry what im saying is would he surely .. without knowing something we dont 

i dont know im just clutching at straws probably

33 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

It sounds horrendous … it was written by a red dog though.. hes going to add a few extra layers on though isnt he 

mel has done many things badly … do u think he would let us be liquidated though? 

It's more of a preference, for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly sure it's not completely accurate. I'm just saying as a hypothetical that I'd much rather have a phoenix team than a side plagued by financial restrictions and roughly 70 point penalties over the next 4-5 years. 

I'd imagine most people would. 

13 minutes ago, Spanish said:

no ground, no history, over 130 years of records extinguished, playing non league football on a pitch shared by another similar team.  Re start is not the phrase.

The ground would be owned by Mel. I'd think a ground share wouldn't be needed. The Derby fan who killed his 130 year old club also won't allow them to use the stadium? I'm really no fan of Mel, but even I can't see him stooping that low. 

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

you have a dream, good for you.

My view is that we are not Rangers (one of the top 2 teams in Scotland), this is not Scotland there are far more leagues to navigate, this is not Scotland the competition is far more fierce, Derby is not Glasgow

The situation is not the same, Rangers do occupy a fairly unique spot in the make up of Scotland (that extends beyond the football club).

However, there is a good analogy for a route back. It would take a lot longer for us, be a harder road and the end point may well be a league 1/championship club. However, the approach could be emulated and the desire for Derby to have a football club is strong enough for a team to rise.

I'd rather a phoenix club exist in Derby than nothing and have to watch Partick Thistle.

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Agree.. but would he do it knowingly that there was a chance of liquidation

Or that removing himself from the equation appeases the efl (to an extent) and makes the process of buying the club an easier one 

im only throwing it out there 

the analogy is very dramatic and probably one I will regret, but threatening admin in these circumstances is a like a writing a suicide note whilst standing in the middle of the M1.  It is a humongous gamble that someone will read it and save you 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

The ground would be owned by Mel. I'd think a ground share wouldn't be needed. The Derby fan who killed his 130 year old club also won't allow them to use the stadium? I'm really no fan of Mel, but even I can't see him stooping that low. 

I wouldn't put him above playing hardball "oh it's an £80 million pound stadium, if you want to play in it you need to pay the going rate" and the new DCFC saying "ok, we can negotiate a groundshare at notts county/burton albion, given the league we are playing in" etc.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The situation is not the same, Rangers do occupy a fairly unique spot in the make up of Scotland (that extends beyond the football club).

However, there is a good analogy for a route back. It would take a lot longer for us, be a harder road and the end point may well be a league 1/championship club. However, the approach could be emulated and the desire for Derby to have a football club is strong enough for a team to rise.

I'd rather a phoenix club exist in Derby than nothing and have to watch Partick Thistle.

why not just take the points penalty and start from L2 rather than farther down

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I wouldn't put him above playing hardball "oh it's an £80 million pound stadium, if you want to play in it you need to pay the going rate" and the new DCFC saying "ok, we can negotiate a groundshare at notts county/burton albion, given the league we are playing in" etc.

perhaps that's we helped out with Mickleover when they had their pitch stolen, that will be our ground share??