Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It's more of a preference, for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly sure it's not completely accurate. I'm just saying as a hypothetical that I'd much rather have a phoenix team than a side plagued by financial restrictions and roughly 70 point penalties over the next 4-5 years. 

I'd imagine most people would. 

I dont know how id feel about a phoenix team truth be told 

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It's more of a preference, for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly sure it's not completely accurate. I'm just saying as a hypothetical that I'd much rather have a phoenix team than a side plagued by financial restrictions and roughly 70 point penalties over the next 4-5 years. 

I'd imagine most people would. 

Oh come on. You are a troll. Or a Red Dog.

You have no idea how the next 4-5 years will go. Because if you did you could have told us all about Mel!!! ? 

Im trying not to think about a phonenix team i just dont know how i feel about it 

i support Derby county because of my dad, i live and breath Derby county because of him most of my happiest memories are with him and Derby county

Hes no longer with us, i dont really have any other ties to the area other than i lived there for two years.. truth be told i think it would be a bit too painful to start again under another guise.

itll be hard enough and still is .

iv got plenty of mates who are county fans so may just go with them for the social side and just be a football fan refugee (aint foong to watch the red dogs)

Tbh following this club has taken it out of me , i dont think i have the mental strength left to start another journey 

5 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Great post, I was thinking the same sort of thing. You can't just gamble with the club, then walk away when you no longer fancy funding the mess you created.

Something I posted a while ago was could all transfers and wages be paid upfront in full to centrally run bank account, out of which clubs and players are then paid as per agreed schedule. Clubs would have to have to have the cash upfront before buying a player. Cash could be either gifted by an owner or taken from club profits.

The realtime regulation could then be paying rest of the staff/bills vs the incomings. Football needs to stop owner being able to gamble big, then walk away when they fancy it. 

I don't want to listen to the interview from yesterday, but was Mel asked "why are you not prepared to keep funding the club, like you said you would"?

He deflected and said it was in the long term interests of the club. What a plonker. 

Edited by DCFC27

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im trying not to think about a phonenix team i just dont know how i feel about it 

i support Derby county because of my dad, i live and breath Derby county because of him most of my happiest memories are with him and Derby county

Hes no longer with us, i dont really have any other ties to the area other than i lived there for two years.. truth be told i think it would be a bit too painful to start again under another guise.

iv got plenty of mates who are county fans so may just go with them for the social side and just be a football fan refugee (aint foong to watch the red dogs)

Tbh following this club has taken it out of me , i dont think i have the mental strength left to start another journey 

A great post, I love the sentiment. I feel the same.

I initiated my son into the fold when he was about 5 or 6.  About the time he started to actually wanted to kick a ball about. 
He was quite lucky at as the first few seasons he saw some great football at PP.    Highs and lows followed, Wembley(s) or being at Old Trafford for the cup win etc. 
But for me it’s been about spending time with him, and share the highs and lows.  Especially now he’s old enough to go with his mates and bar a couple  away matches he still goes with me.

I would lie down and rest a happy man if he thought the same way as you do in your second paragraph.  I hope he will look back and remember those times and not these.  Having said that the future for him as a Derby fan might be full of promise and European domination, who knows? As Jimmy quite rightly said 

It’s a funny old game 

Edited by Ruud Aralliss
?

5 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

why were Barclays the joint charge holder on the Stadium paid in full last Wednesday, this

I don’t think they were paid last Wednesday. I think the lawyers forgot to remove the charge ages ago when the debt was discharged. The oversight would have been noticed as people began to focus on the current debacle

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I don’t think they were paid last Wednesday. I think the lawyers forgot to remove the charge ages ago when the debt was discharged. The oversight would have been noticed as people began to focus on the current debacle

Companies house only received it 9/14/21 I firmly believe MSD did not want another charge holder on the stadium, I guess we will see in the coming weeks

10 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Companies house only received it 9/14/21 I firmly believe MSD did not want another charge holder on the stadium, I guess we will see in the coming weeks

Yes MSD’s lawyers would probably have asked the club to remove the charge. Which it did. But I think the charge was of historic interest only and its earlier removal from the register was overlooked. 

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes MSD’s lawyers would probably have asked the club to remove the charge. Which it did. But I think the charge was of historic interest only and its earlier removal from the register was overlooked. 

You are correct I was wrong I have just had it confirmed it was historic and was removed as a house keeping exercise 

Reading the Athletic article is pretty depressing. If we do go into administration and our exit is not already arranged, it's hard to see anything other than liquidation. 

The key is finding the cash to struggle on to January when we can sell a few players to secure the immediate future of the club. It looks like the administrators will have to find about £3m per month just to pay the wages and maintain the basic functions - I can't see the academy as a whole making it into the 2nd day of administration. The problem is that our income doesn’t look to be nearly enough to cover that.

I think it's relevant that we aren't yet in administration and I'm still pinning my hopes on MSD. IMO, if the current situation isn't part of an MSD rescue plan, we won't have a club by Christmas. 

13 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The key is finding the cash to struggle on to January when we can sell a few players to secure the immediate future of the club. It looks like the administrators will have to find about £3m per month just to pay the wages and maintain the basic functions

How do you work that one out? Morris himself said it was £1m to £1.5m per month. He would have said £3m if it was, just to help back up his reason for pulling out.

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

How do you work that one out? Morris himself said it was £1m to £1.5m per month. He would have said £3m if it was, just to help back up his reason for pulling out.

According to the Athletic, the payroll is £2.5m. I doubt the rest of the running costs will be much below £500k for a month.

I think it's also kind of backed up by Mel's point that Covid has cost £20m in that the normal season ticket cash isn't there to fund things.

Just now, CornwallRam said:

According to the Athletic, the payroll is £2.5m. I doubt the rest of the running costs will be much below £500k for a month.

I think it's also kind of backed up by Mel's point that Covid has cost £20m in that the normal season ticket cash isn't there to fund things.

We are selling tickets now though, you're completely ignoring the fact that we do have income to deduct from your £3m.

12 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The rest of our income wont just disappear though assumin we're still fulfilling fixtures. They'll have to find whatever the difference is

10 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Great post, I feel the same (but different) I don’t think I could go watch another team play/feel the same way about them. DCFC is my team and always will be, since the Cox days I’ve been going with my old man and mates. so it’s not just about the football is everything, it’s the pubs, the walks to the ground , the people you meet who are all there for one thing the love of DCFC. You just can’t start that emotional connection again.

Then there is the other bit, modern football. Sky TV changing the schedule at the drop of a hat, crappy kick off times, transfer deadline day, ridiculous transfer fees and wages, the big 6 just wanting to leave without any punishment, the gap getting bigger between the prem teams and everyone else, unfair competition. Footballs just changed to the point if we went bust I’m not so sure I’d bother with the game anymore.

Last bit of a rant on this, the players need to take a long hard look at themselves for situations like we are in, football is not sustainable, players wages and agents fees are the crux of this. Where does all that Sky cash go? Into their pockets. When I heard Gary Neville the other day about us, my 1st thought was hypocrite the money he took out of the game and still does working for the one company that has killed our game. Mels to blame but the greedy players and their agents have killed this club and we won’t be the last until the lunacy is reset. 

Edited by TexasRam
I don’t mean the current crop who are earning probably what a championship player should earn.