Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mel Morris, Steve Gibson, Rick Parry and Wayne Rooney are all multi-millionaires. 

All are fans of their local clubs, all grew up supporting clubs where the vast majority of fans were ordinary people who want nothing more than to be able to traipse along to the club they love and support on a Saturday with like minded folk and cheer, moan, feel extreme highs and lows but whatever, still do it week after week, year after year.

Three of them made their money as businessmen, one made his as one of the best professional footballers of his generation.

One of them has more love of the game than the other three could ever imagine was possible. One understands the players, club employees and fans.

One has a sense of loyalty, a sense of what it truly means to be a football fan.

Wayne Rooney has more decency, loyalty, empathy and morality than the other 3 chancers put together.

Rooney will be remembered as a great player, possibly a great manager, and definitely a true football man who inspired several generations of football fans and players.

The other three will be remembered as corrupt, greedy chancers who betrayed the ordinary football supporter and tried to destroy a football club out of greed, spite, personal vendettas and cowardice.

47 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Mel Morris, Steve Gibson, Rick Parry and Wayne Rooney are all multi-millionaires. 

All are fans of their local clubs, all grew up supporting clubs where the vast majority of fans were ordinary people who want nothing more than to be able to traipse along to the club they love and support on a Saturday with like minded folk and cheer, moan, feel extreme highs and lows but whatever, still do it week after week, year after year.

Three of them made their money as businessmen, one made his as one of the best professional footballers of his generation.

One of them has more love of the game than the other three could ever imagine was possible. One understands the players, club employees and fans.

One has a sense of loyalty, a sense of what it truly means to be a football fan.

Wayne Rooney has more decency, loyalty, empathy and morality than the other 3 chancers put together.

Rooney will be remembered as a great player, possibly a great manager, and definitely a true football man who inspired several generations of football fans and players.

The other three will be remembered as corrupt, greedy chancers who betrayed the ordinary football supporter and tried to destroy a football club out of greed, spite, personal vendettas and cowardice.

But Rooney will also be remembered for........

No, not the time for that.

Good post. Up the Rams ?

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

But Rooney will also be remembered for........

No, not the time for that.

Good post. Up the Rams ?

I know what you mean, but history will not remember Rooney's occasional human frailties, he will be read about in years to come how we now read about Bloomer, Matthews, Finney, Moore, Charlton, Shankly, Clough etc.

1 minute ago, NottsRammy said:

Just had a golden opportunity to say i wouldnt go to Everton till at least end of the season and DIDNT a bit of a let down there Mr Rooney im afraid . That did nothing to discourage everton and it sounded to me he would desert us if they came in . Not a happy bunny again with him im afraid . 

Yeah seems mental that he might think about leaving a club that might not exist in a months time, for an opportunity at his boyhood club, in a higher division, where at worst he will get sacked and have the rest of his contract paid off.

1 minute ago, NottsRammy said:

Just had a golden opportunity to say i wouldnt go to Everton till at least end of the season and DIDNT a bit of a let down there Mr Rooney im afraid . That did nothing to discourage everton and it sounded to me he would desert us if they came in . Not a happy bunny again with him im afraid . 

I get where you’re coming from but can you blame him? Chance to manage his boyhood club in the prem? He’s been brilliant this season and I really hope he stays but the compensation we might get could be very helpful aswell

2 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Why would he turn down Everton? Did you expect Lampard to turn down Chelsea?

What happens further down the line in a few years (or less or more) time and Everton come asking? What do you think their fans would say? 'He's turned us down, why do we want him'?

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Yeah seems mental that he might think about leaving a club that might not exist in a months time, for an opportunity at his boyhood club, in a higher division, where at worst he will get sacked and have the rest of his contract paid off.

And potentially will have to pay compensation which would help Derby complete the season...... 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why would he turn down Everton? Did you expect Lampard to turn down Chelsea?

What happens further down the line in a few years (or less or more) time and Everton come asking? What do you think their fans would say? 'He's turned us down, why do we want him'?

I dont expect him to .But like Lampard you have to learn your craft and he is still in nappies . With how the situation is at Derby im a tad disappointed in him when asked the question he was to not say look i love Everton but right here right now these players need me and again say what sort of a person would i be to walk out now . 

He didnt !! 

The obvious answer is for wayne to go should he go at the end of the season , i have no problem with that . 

But right now we need a we are all in together mentality and im afraid to say that wayne rooney right there did not discourage everton at all !! If wayne goes we are sunk without trace the rest of the players will just give in and have the attitude of whats the point . 

Sorry im disappointed in him right there that was a little McClarenesque again . Totally sick of all players and managers not having any loyalty what so ever . There is a right time to go and right now is not the right time for Mr Rooney . 

5 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

I dont expect him to .But like Lampard you have to learn your craft and he is still in nappies . With how the situation is at Derby im a tad disappointed in him when asked the question he was to not say look i love Everton but right here right now these players need me and again say what sort of a person would i be to walk out now . 

He didnt !! 

The obvious answer is for wayne to go should he go at the end of the season , i have no problem with that . 

But right now we need a we are all in together mentality and im afraid to say that wayne rooney right there did not discourage everton at all !! If wayne goes we are sunk without trace the rest of the players will just give in and have the attitude of whats the point . 

Sorry im disappointed in him right there that was a little McClarenesque again . Totally sick of all players and managers not having any loyalty what so ever . There is a right time to go and right now is not the right time for Mr Rooney . 

Yeah i was bit disappointed as well tbh, but I think he’s saying he’s available at the right price and if Derby get the payout he’s probably willing to go. That’s what I get out of ‘talk to the administrators’ bit, also Lawrence said similar on Saturday.

Look at it like this, no one wants to go but if it helps the club survive then they can’t put off a prospective suitor for them? Rooney says he isn’t interested, Derby could lose out on £x amount of millions in compensation that is needed down the line?

Edited by TuffLuff

None of our players, coaching staff, or Wayne Rooney owe Derby County anything. They've had months where wages have gone unpaid, have had broken promises of squad reinforcements, yet in those circumstances they still go out there on a Saturday and have given us some of the most enjoyable football. Football which is played with passion and commitment, and that's all we can ask for.

If Rooney, Rosenior, or any of our players get a better offer, which can secure or further their career – then good luck to them. They have themselves to look after, but have looked after our club when we needed it.

Edited by td_evans

Anyone wetting the bed if Rooney goes to Everton needs to give their head a wobble. If my employer was in administration with an uncertain future and someone offered me a more lucrative and secure opportunity I'd certainly be taking it, and I suspect almost everyone on this forum would in the same position. Why should I hold Rooney to a higher standard than I hold myself?