Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

No he didn't. He turned clubs down in january.

What do you want him to do? Just let his contract expire at the end of the season and hope he gets picked up by someone else?

We couldn't offer him a new contract and still can't. For all he knew our club was going down the toilet and he is more than entitled to secure his own future.

Shame to hear his attitude wasnt right for this game, but you can't knock him for jumping off the titantic onto the life boat.

Rubbish - if he’s any good he would have walked into most Championship clubs next season. 

He was still contracted to us and putting half shifts in as soon as he signed. 

Just now, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Rubbish - if he’s any good he would have walked into most Championship clubs next season. 

He was still contracted to us and putting half shifts in as soon as he signed. 

Ok. Lets wait until you calm down a bit.

He's not putting his entire career at risk just to stick with a club that may or not exist at the end of the season. Simple as that. 

I'm sure he'll be reassured by your belief that he will walk into any championship team next season, but he'd be insane to take that risk.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Nice to hear Rooney calling Morris out. Think he's wasted his breath as Morris could have avoided this scenario if he'd had an ounce of personal integrity but instead decided to wash his hands of the mess he created which is utterly spineless. 

I think right thing only thing is offer to pay off these debts that he has built up and then leave it debt free so kircher does not have clear them.

13 minutes ago, GenBr said:

He's not putting his entire career at risk just to stick with a club that may or not exist at the end of the season. Simple as that. 

I'm sure he'll be reassured by your belief that he will walk into any championship team next season, but he'd be insane to take that risk.

There will be a club called derby county and I think that's been made clear.

I was no Rooney fan when he became manager, really struggled with what we produced last season and felt that he got the job based on an owner who was checked out and needed the PR boost to sell the club. The whole thing stunk and before the season I had us down, that's prior to the knowledge of any point deductions or transfer embargos and everything else we've suffered. 

I would've been wrong, even with the transfer embargo, plus his conduct has been nothing but exceptional. He's brought players on, development players at an extremely high rate and managed to build an environment for players to develop correctly in an environment no player should ever have to play in. I don't think you can give him enough credit for that, honestly, especially when you look at the squad we have. 

Now, providing a takeover happens, I only want him here if we are giving him the tools to succeed. If we aren't in a position to do that then I hope he finds a good job for him to thrive. He's earned that much. 

Regardless of what happens, I just wish him well. I'd love to see him go to the very top!

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

You don’t think our youngsters been a credit to themselves?

Personally I think  they’ve been great!

Each to their own I guess

They've been absolutely brilliant, all of them, all season. Under Rooney's management our kids have performed miracles, so its a bit disappointing that one has shown an attitude to annoy Rooney after all the support the manager has given him this season.

Ne'er mind, not a major issue really but I suppose its summat that people might use to criticise Rooney with when they are really struggling to find a reason to.

Good luck to Festy at Watford next season. 

I do find it a bit ironic that he has been purchased to circumvent League rules while we have been relegated for a far less serious offence.

Thank you Wayne for as each week passed by have more respect for you and your achievements as manager of this club, you have the same traits of Brian Clough alongside Alex Ferguson, looking forward to see the players you bring in for next season.

Brian Clough, players had to mix as a team on and off the field, if not they were sold, Clough wanted a team of togetherness from his players be it Derby or Forest.

Alex Ferguson, Never give up attitude play to the final whistle and give everything for the team, basic disipline and respect was expected from both managers.

Festy, whatever happened you are right, you are the boss and for myself will support your decision 100%, whatever the team next season they will never give up and that is all the fans wants.

I had got my head around Derby getting relegated and didn't think I'd be that bothered. Yet when I saw on TV that Reading scored I was  gutted. 

I didn't think it would work out with Rooney (I was hopeful of Mac3) as our manager. Like Lampard before him, he'd sail off at the first chance and leave us behind like a forgotten memory. I'm glad to be wrong and seeing him standing outside the gates of the training ground in front of the players, talking to the fans after the club has just been relegated, proved just how wrong I was. I read the Forest forum before coming onto here and saw a couple of comments from knuckle draggers complaining that we should be ashamed of how we've gone down (cheating and all that jazz), not understanding why most/all of us felt pride. 
Yes I was gutted that we went down, but that video of Rooney outside of the training ground is just what I needed to see. It's moments like that as to why you support your local club, not Liverpool or Man City. How many kids were there watching that? Would the kids of the aforementioned clubs been able to see amazing moments like that at there clubs? Thats why its important to back local. The connection. Rooney gets it. 

I'm proud to be apart of this, even if my part is just sat on my seat cheering them on. ? 

You Rams. ? 

1 hour ago, ScubaRam said:

I had got my head around Derby getting relegated and didn't think I'd be that bothered. Yet when I saw on TV that Reading scored I was  gutted. 

I didn't think it would work out with Rooney (I was hopeful of Mac3) as our manager. Like Lampard before him, he'd sail off at the first chance and leave us behind like a forgotten memory. I'm glad to be wrong and seeing him standing outside the gates of the training ground in front of the players, talking to the fans after the club has just been relegated, proved just how wrong I was. I read the Forest forum before coming onto here and saw a couple of comments from knuckle draggers complaining that we should be ashamed of how we've gone down (cheating and all that jazz), not understanding why most/all of us felt pride. 
Yes I was gutted that we went down, but that video of Rooney outside of the training ground is just what I needed to see. It's moments like that as to why you support your local club, not Liverpool or Man City. How many kids were there watching that? Would the kids of the aforementioned clubs been able to see amazing moments like that at there clubs? Thats why its important to back local. The connection. Rooney gets it. 

I'm proud to be apart of this, even if my part is just sat on my seat cheering them on. ? 

You Rams. ? 

Always a Ram buddy where ever you sit

16 hours ago, GenBr said:

Couldn't give a crap about him leaving - I agree that he's got to look out for his future first and foremost. But I would absolutely expect him to put 100% in for every single one of the remaining games, especially when you have the examples that were being set by the rest of the squad (including other youngsters).

He won't make it to the top either way. The 'great' players thrive in adversity and still manage to do the business, and any half decent manager would sniff out this kind of attitude from a mile away.

51 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Couldn't give a crap about him leaving - I agree that he's got to look out for his future first and foremost. But I would absolutely expect him to put 100% in for every single one of the remaining games, especially when you have the examples that were being set by the rest of the squad (including other youngsters).

He won't make it to the top either way. The 'great' players thrive in adversity and still manage to do the business, and any half decent manager would sniff out this kind of attitude from a mile away.

I totally agree. You can't blame him for leaving given the state of the club, but if he is staying with us until the end of the season I'd expect him to give everything he can until he is no longer with us. Very disappointed that he appears not to have wanted to do this.

I don’t know why Wayne gave Pearson the advantage of knowing our line up , possibly he realised how poor Bristol are. I have no problem with the changes. But why oh why did he not play on their left back after he got booked. Ebiowei was walking round him and it was only a matter of time before he was sent off. Malcolm only ran at him twice in the first half and not enough in the 2nd half. Instructions should have been given to get Ebiowei the ball at every opportunity.

27 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I don’t know why Wayne gave Pearson the advantage of knowing our line up , possibly he realised how poor Bristol are. I have no problem with the changes. But why oh why did he not play on their left back after he got booked. Ebiowei was walking round him and it was only a matter of time before he was sent off. Malcolm only ran at him twice in the first half and not enough in the 2nd half. Instructions should have been given to get Ebiowei the ball at every opportunity.

I thought we did.

50 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

To be fair I don’t think the advanced team was a problem in this scenario. It was all about us and what we could learn/getting game time for youngsters. 

For a meaningful league game, then yes absolutely……..but I doubt Rooney would do this if that were the case.

19 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Not enough. You must have an alert on your phone whenever Wazza is mentioned Roy. What’s your take on the early team sheet?

There aren't many posts on the board tonight - so yours couldn't be missed.

Meh, so you tell them who will be playing. Do they really know enough to bother, can we outplay them anyway. More likely it was to give the youngsters chance to enjoy it.

For me it showed how desperate we are for experienced players.

I have no issue with blooding untried youngsters and today was the day to do it. However I hope Rooney puts out his strongest side in the final home match against Cardiff - we owe it to those players who have battled against huge odds to give them the opportunity to play in our last Championship game of this season in front of our own fans.