Where did it go wrong?

Gritstone Ram

Was it Keogh’s duck up in the play off final?

Signing utter crap?

Paul Clement?

Sam Rush?

or is it the uncanny combination of events that has led us to this new low spot in the clubs history. Well Mel we’ve only reached the third tier twice before could you be the third to take us to the promised land. 

Oh and if you’re reading Morris I still haven’t had my refund from last season let alone this one.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Signing utter crap?

Paul Clement?

Sam Rush?

or is it the uncanny combination of events that has led us to this new low spot in the clubs history. Well Mel we’ve only reached the third tier twice before could you be the third to take us to the promised land. 

Oh and if you’re reading Morris I still haven’t had my refund from last season let alone this one.

MEL MORRIS MEL MORRIS MEL MORRIS - That’s all you need to know. It’s starts and ends with him - 2nd worst chairman in the history of the club, with only a convicted fraudster edging him out.

1 minute ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Signing utter crap?

Paul Clement?

Sam Rush?

Was it:-

Mel Morris’ pursuit of the Derby way?

Mel Morris sacking his ‘Alex Ferguson’

An alleged team talk during Interval?

Having to sell our future assets for peanuts as a result of numerous bad choices re: managers and spending?

Insistence on having half squad of academy players?

Pick your favourite moment!

It probably goes all the way back to spunking massive amounts on fees and wages on the likes of Anya, Blackman and Butterfield. It was completely unaffordable and we've been on a downward slope ever since. The more skint we were, the worse we got. Lampard managing to bring in Premier-standard loans just covered the cracks.

Let's be honest here,it started to go wrong when Mel took over and began making crazy decisions which have ultimately took the club to the brink of league 1 and financial disaster.

Prior that we were fiscally secure under the Americans and were within an inch of promotion with a squad assembled at a minimal cost but which we have failed to match up to since.

He didn't mean to,he loves the club but it's been a terrible marriage.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

When Morris spent money like water, without a care. We've had to pretend 50% of players from the Academy is a great idea. Well it ain't. Thanks for nothing Mel.

And recruiting a novice Manager at totally the wrong time, yes??

Archived