Where did it go wrong?

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

When mason Bennett stated in the play off final 

Oh this is such a cop out

That Play-Off Final was Mel’s get out of jail free’ card. His last throw of the dice. 

Waghorn was injured leading up to the final. Marriott barely featured from March onwards that season and his Leeds goals were his first since the 5th of January. 

Just now, EraniosSocks said:

Oh and just to have a laugh my personal choices is what went wrong. My Grandad supported Man City, he took me to Maine Road and bought me the shirt. My dad proceeded to burn it and keep getting Derby down my neck. 

Cheers Dad 

Wouldn't swap being a ram and hope city and the so called top six get expelled from all competitions

The recruitment this entire season has been diabolical, seemingly gambling most of the budget on Jozwiak which hasn't worked out, not offering Martin a new deal (I know he got injured but there was no plan to replace him anyway), loaning out Jack Marriott (again he's got injured but where was the logic in it anyway?) gambles on players like Ibe, signing relegated players in Marshall and Byrne.... basically it was clear as day and I said as much to my old man when the season started and before it was announced that Morris was looking for a buyer because he'd put bugger all into a side that was dreadful the previous season and taken the cash for promising youngsters in Bogle and Lowe and that's continued this season with Morgan Whittaker. The loan signings in January were desperation and showed no ambition to do anything bar survive. We're going down this season fundamentally because we couldn't score in a brothel and our investment up top has been Lee Gregory on loan and Colin Kazim-Richards from whatever god awful league he was stealing a career in. 

I can genuinely hand on heart say I don't care which of this side is here next season and that's a bit harsh on some of the youngsters perhaps who I have some sympathy with, I don't like any of the senior players and haven't done for a few years now. We're in big trouble next season I fear it could be the next Bolton. 

Just now, ram1964 said:

Wouldn't swap being a ram and hope city and the so called top six get expelled from all competitions

If you compare the experiences  I think throughout my time as a ram, I would....

But I do bloody love this club, I love the badge and I love the history. I just hate what destiny has planned for us and how we have been ran 

1 minute ago, Ken Tram said:

We have not had our strong travelling away support - which must have made a difference. 

And we have large home crowds.

So, if fans make a difference, we must have been affected more than other clubs during lockdown?

Sorry but I think that is ridiculous, how supportive would it have been at PP, be honest now. Empty stadiums are the best.  We can all pretend it never happened

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You still think Wazza was the right appointment by Mel, I am confused..

No-one could have got that lot to play well tonight. They weren't able to overcome their nerves - the fact had been made plain they needed to win. They couldn't. it was too much they froze. Pathetic performance.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

No-one could have got that lot to play well tonight. They weren't able to overcome their nerves - the fact had been made plain they needed to win. They couldn't. it was too much they froze. Pathetic performance.

But the Manager doesn’t take overall responsibility for this?

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Let's be honest here,it started to go wrong when Mel took over and began making crazy decisions which have ultimately took the club to the brink of league 1 and financial disaster.

Prior that we were fiscally secure under the Americans and were within an inch of promotion with a squad assembled at a minimal cost but which we have failed to match up to since.

He didn't mean to,he loves the club but it's been a terrible marriage.

I agree with this but it's worth bearing in mind that our fans didn't do much complaining at the time. Everyone was thrilled everytime we broke the transfer record, hardly pausing to consider if the player was worth it, and each time MM performed some feat of financial trickery to avoid FFP they were happy as long as it was pissing off Steve Gibson.

Archived