Where did it go wrong?

Gritstone Ram

14 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Was it Keogh’s duck up in the play off final?

Signing utter crap?

Paul Clement?

Sam Rush?

or is it the uncanny combination of events that has led us to this new low spot in the clubs history. Well Mel we’ve only reached the third tier twice before could you be the third to take us to the promised land. 

Oh and if you’re reading Morris I still haven’t had my refund from last season let alone this one.

Not picking Bryson in the starting line up.

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Many things have led us here.

I'm unhappy towards Rooney tonight, and the players but when I calm down I know its many things over several years, many of them with the best intentions...oh well.

Spot on.

No individual decision, just a culmination of many bad ones, over spending, under spending because of over spending, missed player targets followed by panic buys, panic sackings not acting quick enough. Does it matter, they all add up to a sum of parts that says Mel with the best of intentions just hasn’t got a few things right.

20 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Was it Keogh’s duck up in the play off final?

Signing utter crap?

Paul Clement?

Sam Rush?

or is it the uncanny combination of events that has led us to this new low spot in the clubs history. Well Mel we’ve only reached the third tier twice before could you be the third to take us to the promised land. 

Oh and if you’re reading Morris I still haven’t had my refund from last season let alone this one.

Hanging on to that totally useless waste of space Cocu, that football is not for the championship with bang average players. Needed to go so much quicker 

I wouldn’t argue about Rooney and the jury being out but for me it’s far too early. 

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

Spot on.

No individual decision, just a culmination of many bad ones, over spending, under spending because of over spending, missed player targets followed by panic buys, panic sackings not acting quick enough. Does it matter, they all add up to a sum of parts that says Mel with the best of intentions just hasn’t got a few things right.

What has he got right?

“Bradley Johnson was too good a deal to turn down.” That just epitomised the idiotic decision making and lack of thought and planning since Morris took over.  Stupid signings on stupid contracts, stupid managerial appointments, stupid firings, stupid behaviour by players, stupid antics by Morris, just endless stupidity from the entire club.  I don’t doubt Morris’s passion and commitment, but the sooner he’s gone, the better.

The moment when we signed Wayne Rooney as a pique signing. The world's eyes were on us, Morris must have thought at the time “who isn't going to want a club that has the pulling power of Wayne Rooney”. Shouts of his legs hadn't gone, he still has it. 

He was the most disinterested player I have seen wearing the Ram for several years. Morris having the audacity to appoint him as the manager of the club. A manager is what players should look up to, listen to and be prepared to leave every bit of blood and sweat on that pitch for that man. He did it for England as a player, he did it for United but he didn't do it for Derby. The reason it picked up for a while is because he wasn't in the bloody team. He pulled out a few Hollywood balls here and there but he was bloody terrible.

Even in financial restraint, Wassall would have done a lot more for this club and the players at the time.

This went wrong because of you Mr Morris. 

Just now, LeedsCityRam said:

1. Keeping Sam Rush in a job of any influence 

2. Hiring 3 total novices as managers 

3. Not hiring a proper Director of Football to run the club overall

4. Bringing Wayne Rooney to the club

I actually think on point number 1, in spite of what we now believe, had Morris just left Rush to do his job, instead of stepping in with his firing squad, we might’ve gone up the next season. 

Morris spending his money unwisely after listening to Rush. Which left us with a lot of over priced players and also tied our hands due to the league's finance rules when it came to buying players over the last couple of years 

Also him looking for a buyer for the club over the last two years hasn't helped.

9 minutes ago, Spanish said:

What has he got right?

Arguably investing in the academy but if you don’t bring that talent through to the first team steadily, that investment is wasted. 

We went from having the odd Will Hughes to almost relying on the academy to make up the gaps.