Get him gone.

Rev

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

But you can though that's the point there are a variety of management techniques to motivate staff. 

Have you considered that the players are demotivated as they simply can't buy into what Rooney is trying to get them to do or they now have zero confidence that he actually knows what he's doing?

or they don't believe they are good enough to survive

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Do we want a rookie, novice Manager who is obviously not up to a job of this size at this difficult time? If it’s not the Manager’s job to get the players motivated, clear on their roles and performing well on the pitch, what is the role of a football manager? What do you judge a Manager on?

No we don’t but players can’t get a free pass. Many have failed under two managers now. Not good enough not committed enough. 

14 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

No we don’t but players can’t get a free pass. Many have failed under two managers now. Not good enough not committed enough. 

What do you think a football Manager is judged on? What ultimately decides if he/she stays in their job?

21 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I don't think anyone comes out with any plaudits this season. 

But to have a weak and ineffectual manager in charge of a group of players who need direction and leadership is just compounding the issue and ultimately always there will only be one head which will roll in this scenario.

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Absolutely. But again that's from the manager to instil that confidence in them. 

do you think there would be any manager who could have motivated the 11 point squad?  If they have truly given up it will be a huge motivational challenge.

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Well, ask some on here who don’t seem to think that is the case regarding Rooney.....read some of the comments. It’s not his responsibility....

For me it’s a shared responsibility. I can’t believe he hasn’t gone, must be to do with contract finances, takeover, sponsorship etc, BUT several players have FAILED under two regimes and it isn’t all on Rooney either. These players need to go, and hopefully they will this summer. Not committed enough not enough quality and Rooney and Cocu have seen this. Put another manager there and same will happen until we have different players on the pitch. The quality isn’t there. 

Rooney cannot take all the blame when players aren’t making runs etc not marking, does anything think this is coached ???? Of course we need to change it, why hasn’t the manager gone ???? The results are dreadful. Let’s get new management and new players. Everything needs to change. 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't think anyone comes out with any plaudits this season. 

But to have a weak and ineffectual manager in charge of a group of players who need direction and leadership is just compounding the issue and ultimately always there will only be one head which will roll in this scenario.

I agree but the quality isn’t there either. Couple of years ago we had Tomori Mount Carson Keogh Wilson. We have had terrible injury luck but the players aren’t good enough and need to go ASAP as well as management

1 minute ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

For me it’s a shared responsibility. I can’t believe he hasn’t gone, must be to do with contract finances, takeover, sponsorship etc, BUT several players have FAILED under two regimes and it isn’t all on Rooney either. These players need to go, and hopefully they will this summer. Not committed enough not enough quality and Rooney and Cocu have seen this. Put another manager there and same will happen until we have different players on the pitch. The quality isn’t there. 

Rooney cannot take all the blame when players aren’t making runs etc not marking, does anything think this is coached ???? Of course we need to change it, why hasn’t the manager gone ???? The results are dreadful. Let’s get new management and new players. Everything needs to change. 

We can only really judge what Wazza has got out of the players but agree, it is a mediocre squad and there needs to be a complete overhaul of ownership, management team and players in the summer...

10 minutes ago, MikeS said:

So here we go again....into another match which we all fear will result in another defeat and take us another step closer to the drop. The response from the club? Zilch. No action, no reaction. Heads in the sand...with the tide coming in!

Whether we think he's the man to take us forward or not, I'm sure his remit would have been to keep us in the championship. At this moment in time he is on course to do that (?? league position, ignoring games in hand). Those who have to make the decisions are as worried as we are (or more so, it's THEIR money), but he's (currently) meeting his remit. I doubt very much that they've buried their heads in their hands. They've decided not to sack him, yet.

11 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Whether we think he's the man to take us forward or not, I'm sure his remit would have been to keep us in the championship. At this moment in time he is on course to do that (?? league position, ignoring games in hand). Those who have to make the decisions are as worried as we are (or more so, it's THEIR money), but he's (currently) meeting his remit. I doubt very much that they've buried their heads in their hands. They've decided not to sack him, yet.

One win in 12 doesn't mean he's hitting his remit.

If the team had missed the last 12 matches completely we would be not much worse off.

He may as well not be there.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

38 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

it's the managers responsibility to get it out of the players. Many of them have shown previously that they can hack it at this level. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Still his job to get the best out of them, a lot of teams will be in a similar position.

I’m not saying its not. In fact, i try to be consistent with how I judge managers. I just feel that there wont be many teams with as many players thinking they have no future at the club. The ones on loan or out of contract amount for a high number, then the rest might think they’re gonna be replaced when the takeover is done. 

Whilst other clubs might have similar, I’d bet those at the top end, have lots of players tied to longer term deals.