Get him gone.

Rev

5 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

one thing that does my head in is every time we get the ball, the first thought is pass it back....or sideways. never forward. i don’t understand it. why do we pass it along the back 4 20 times then pass it to the keeper just to boot it up field! not one team ive seen does this. no teams centre halfs should have the most touches in a match. i feel the attacking intent has been coached out of them

This was brought in by cocu and it's still here now. Maybe because the current coaching team were also part of Cocu's coaching team?

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

This was brought in by cocu and it's still here now. Maybe because the current coaching team were also part of Cocu's coaching team?

Wasn't an almost obsession with possession a feature of Clements football back in the day? 

I may be wrong but seem to remember possession stats being strong but shots few. 

All good teams still use the back pass to the keeper to recycle it using the keeper as a sweeper ...the difference is when teams like City do it its done with purpose whereas we go backwards because no one is brave enough to want the ball in tight areas or show for it...but saying that I've been watching Mengi and his first thought is to go backwards always and hes been here 5 mins ....some of our players are guilty of not creating space or wanting it in tight areas but there are also plenty of examples where someone makes a good run and do not receive the ball quickly enough or sometimes not at all.....i know from my own playing days if you keep making runs but no one delivers the pass you tend to not make the runs when you should....Kazim has been good for us but watching him and Joz recently they both missed easy passes into dangerous areas and opted for a safe ball.....we have not improved since Cocu left and I'd say our performances last season at home to stoke for example were much better than anything I've seen so far this season....Rooney was a gamble and it hasn't worked!

8 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

1) Steve McClaren (1st Spell): P 95 – W 51 – D 22 – L 22 – 54.26%

2) Darren Wassall (Interim): P 18 – W 9 – D 3 – L 6 – 50%

3) Steve McClaren (2nd Spell): P 29 – W 13 – D 7 – L 9 – 44.83%

4) Gary Rowett: P 60 – W 26 – D 18 – L 16 – 43.33%

5) Paul Clement: P 33 – W 14 – D 12 – L 7 – 42.42%

6) Frank Lampard: P 57 – W 24 – D 17 – L 16 – 42.11%

7) Nigel Clough: P 231 – W 76 – D 54 – L 101 – 32.9%

8 ) Phillip Cocu: P 65 – W 21 – D 18 – L 26 – 32.31%

9) Wayne Rooney: P 33 – W 10 – D 7 – L 16 – 30.3%

10) Nigel Pearson: P 14 – W 3 – D 5 – L 6 – 21.43%

Rooney’s stats are wrong.

Where’s the 25% for being Englands all time record goal scorer??????

Then we have the 15% massive celebrity bonus as well!

So in reality Rooney has a win percentage of 70.3%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His whole Derby career has been a farce. the ridiculous circus when we signed him, the forgettable performances on the pitch and a shocking stint as a manager. It's amazing what a shambles we've become in the last 6 years. Even Frank Lampard seemed an immature choice at the time, but he's a significantly more charismatic figure and we managed to scrape a decent enough season together, probably owed largely to Jody Morris. 

(disclaimer. I typed Jody Marsh first, and said "wait that doesnt sound right").

The win records of our recent managers is doing the rounds again and is as painful as ever. Rooney needs to go asap. I don't buy for a second that these players aren't good enough - we certainly don't have the best squad in the league, but a decent manager can have them pick themselves up, show a bit of belief, dig in and get us points on the board. 

I feel uncomfortable with the feeding frenzy regarding Rooney at the moment. He's not been a success so far obviously so is not immune from criticism by any means but personally I think the players are, as usual, getting an easy ride. Jamie Ward after the match on Tuesday on radio Derby  said it how it is.... "none of those players left it all on the pitch". His focus was continually the players not the management. 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I feel uncomfortable with the feeding frenzy regarding Rooney at the moment. He's not been a success so far obviously so is not immune from criticism by any means but personally I think the players are, as usual, getting an easy ride. Jamie Ward after the match on Tuesday on radio Derby  said it how it is.... "none of those players left it all on the pitch". His focus was continually the players not the management. 

100 per cent. Rooney can’t legislate for players treading on balls, jogging half heartedly to stop opposition, failing to stop crosses, missing chances, not marking etc etc. I’m sure these things are not promoted in training. Crosses coming in and out defence standing still? Surely this isn’t a tactic. But whatever is going on I don’t see how his position is tenable now, either the players aren’t playing for him not listening to him or he is ineffectual. I don’t know. I wish we could replace half the team first but we can’t. The players have failed this season, lack of desire, lack of doing the basics right, the odd match we have looked ok (like Blackburn- a lot more movement in attacking areas and off the ball) but it’s so inconsistent. Don’t think some of players are bothered enough to give 100 per cent. Giving 90 per cent each match isn’t good enough, many are out of contract anyway. Watched teams like Leicester and Chelsea recently, even Norwich, they lose the ball, they swarm and get it back. They run and close down and give options straight away. We never do these things. I know the quality isn’t the same but the players should still want to fight.

5 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

His whole Derby career has been a farce. the ridiculous circus when we signed him, the forgettable performances on the pitch and a shocking stint as a manager. It's amazing what a shambles we've become in the last 6 years. Even Frank Lampard seemed an immature choice at the time, but he's a significantly more charismatic figure and we managed to scrape a decent enough season together, probably owed largely to Jody Morris. 

(disclaimer. I typed Jody Marsh first, and said "wait that doesnt sound right").

The win records of our recent managers is doing the rounds again and is as painful as ever. Rooney needs to go asap. I don't buy for a second that these players aren't good enough - we certainly don't have the best squad in the league, but a decent manager can have them pick themselves up, show a bit of belief, dig in and get us points on the board. 

Is Jodie Marsh available, might do a better job in motivating the players......

19 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

100 per cent. Rooney can’t legislate for players treading on balls, jogging half heartedly to stop opposition, failing to stop crosses, missing chances, not marking etc etc. I’m sure these things are not promoted in training. Crosses coming in and out defence standing still? Surely this isn’t a tactic. But whatever is going on I don’t see how his position is tenable now, either the players aren’t playing for him not listening to him or he is ineffectual. I don’t know. I wish we could replace half the team first but we can’t. The players have failed this season, lack of desire, lack of doing the basics right, the odd match we have looked ok (like Blackburn- a lot more movement in attacking areas and off the ball) but it’s so inconsistent. Don’t think some of players are bothered enough to give 100 per cent. Giving 90 per cent each match isn’t good enough, many are out of contract anyway. Watched teams like Leicester and Chelsea recently, even Norwich, they lose the ball, they swarm and get it back. They run and close down and give options straight away. We never do these things. I know the quality isn’t the same but the players should still want to fight.

Surely it's Rooney's job to get the players motivated to give 100%, who else is responsible for this???

36 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I hear you and a lot of this maybe venting because the person can't cope with our predicament and needs to see blood.  My view is very simplistic, Mac coming in for 3 games may give a new manager bounce that would be enough to get us out of this mess for this season at least.

6 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I hear you and a lot of this maybe venting because the person can't cope with our predicament and needs to see blood.  My view is very simplistic, Mac coming in for 3 games may give a new manager bounce that would be enough to get us out of this mess for this season at least.

For me personally it's nothing to do with not being able to cope, there are other things far more important than the Rams for me. However, I want the best for the club and don't think the circus we have become since Rooney joined is a positive thing. He wasn't qualified to do the job, should never have been appointed and his inexperience is costing us dear.....

46 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

They are mostly so fragile. Last match only really Clarke kept going and looked committed, Edmundson looked like he meant business when he came on too, but the rest of them collapsed. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Jamie Ward after the match on Tuesday on radio Derby  said it how it is.... "none of those players left it all on the pitch". His focus was continually the players not the management. 

Enough said.