v Preston North End (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

10 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Well Wayne/chaps, you’ve just put a spring in the step of the Rotherham players for their game tomorrow night. They’ll be thinking they can catch up with us because the difference between them and us is duckin’ INTENT.

So well done for that. ?

Correct

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we have 2 points from this losing position all season. I feel sick to my stomach that this is actually happening to our club. League 1 will not be the reset that people are saying we need. We would be mid table fodder playing like this

Well that was utterly predictable. Pass it around nicely for a bit, but without any sort of penetration, then give away a stupid goal through weak, lax defending. Same as the weekend. This lot never seem to learn. Quality in the final third is absolutely abysmal, we could play all night and we won’t score. Never seen a team look so bad going forward, and that has to be down to awful coaching from a man not qualified for the job. 

Not that that excuses the players of course, because their efforts here have been absolutely pathetic. Championship status on the line and they play like that. Not fit to wear the shirt. Ownership, managers and players are all an absolute disgrace to this football club. Brought it to its knees. No way do this lot have the fight to keep us up.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

FFS have you seen the team out there? If you think Mac could get something out of that lot - they've frozen like a bunch of chickens from Iceland!

That wasn't my point, my point was Managers who did better got cut a lot less slack.

But yes I 100% think that if McClaren had been put in charge when we appointed Rooney we'd be on a higher point total than we sit at today, by a fair way as well.

Just now, tombomb said:

we have 2 points from this losing position all season. I feel sick to my stomach that this is actually happening to our club. League 1 will not be the reset that people are saying we need. We would be mid table fodder playing like this

Exactly my worry.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s the players who are shying away from tackles and not watching/ challenging the runners and not shooting at the goal - I actually wish Rooney was still playing on the pitch currently 

That shi(f)t he put in against Blackburn in the 4-0 was one of the worst performances I've seen in a Derby shirt.  Thats saying a lot based on the crap dished up over the last 9 months.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

That wasn't my point, my point was Managers who did better got cut a lot less slack.

But yes I 100% think that if McClaren had been put in charge when we appointed Rooney we'd be on a higher point total than we sit at today, by a fair way as well.

Wishful thinking with this lot.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Minor correction: It's not so much that we've not got the players for it, we've not got the coaching ability to actually coach that as a plan or any real plan for that matter.

True, I’ll stand corrected!

7 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

There's got to have been some sort of mass fall out behind the scenes. No team would play like that for a manager they liked.

No effort. No quality. No shots on target. Ever decreasing chance of Championship football next season. Duck me this is depressing ?

Not sure about the first sentence, but yes definitely with the second. 

2 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I don't usually say things like this but Mac for the final 3 games or we are deffo down. This is woeful.

If we don’t win this tonight mate we are down anyway - Mac wouldn’t be able to save us.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s the players who are shying away from tackles and not watching/ challenging the runners and not shooting at the goal - I actually wish Rooney was still playing on the pitch currently 

Did you not watch Rooney this season then ?

If one of your players is underperforming it's on them, if they all are the blame lies with management.

At the end of the day, to those who think this is all Rooney's fault, the players aren't showing any fight at all. If you have to rely on the manager to set you up and get you up for a game that could potentially save the club from relegation, then you should be nowhere near the sport. I am shocked and embarrassed, truly disgusting performance by this spineless group of players. Sort it now.

9 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

He won't we can't afford to sack him. The only way he leaves is if he decides to walk away. 

I think Chris Wilder is still available

Archived