v Preston North End (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

1 minute ago, 66DegreesNorth said:

...I wonder what our lot do in training. Hard enough watching this lot let alone watching a second Rotherham game in 3 days.

I really want to be positive, but I need to see some fight, some passion.

Too many players walking around with hunched shoulders. 

Reminds me of the joke, “ Can Quasi come out to play Mrs Modo ? No he’s got a bad back “

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think this would put them on the same number of games. More games than McClaren's second spell.

If his name wasn't Wayne Rooney he'd have been gone before the last international break. 

FFS have you seen the team out there? If you think Mac could get something out of that lot - they've frozen like a bunch of chickens from Iceland!

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Half time musing:

We are set up to play the mclaren way, without the players to play it and we look a mess. The ball should go to CKR with the three running off him. Instead the three come deep and wide and we end up attacking down the wings and not dragging any defenders out of their shape.

Minor correction: It's not so much that we've not got the players for it, we've not got the coaching ability to actually coach that as a plan or any real plan for that matter.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Errr I think it's the whole season not just the bit they felt comfortable with. This lot on the pitch look like they've never run or moved around, they're table footballers! (Except Clarkey)

Ironic really. 

Well then Rooney. Well then Derby. What are you made of? Biggest 45 mins of the season. A point is absolute minimum required, we really need a win. Play like the first half we will not get another point this season. 

Ive lost some faith with that first half. Hoping they can turn it around but it’s hope rather than expectation

I don't think I've ever seen more of a "nothing" side. It is infuriating watching; at times there is good build-up play and yet you know there will be zero end product, no final pass, no clinical strike. And our captain, our keeper, can't even get a clinical hand to a shot. Not letting in howlers but of late seems to have an unnerving habit of giving it helping palm into the net. Even livewire Roberts, better than most, meanders through the defence before losing it. So pissed off I've wasted £20 on last 2 matches, just hope the subs for this 2nd half inspire some change. Big 45 mins.

It feels like there is no more magic left in our club.

Ive generally always felt whatever is happening we have always been able to pull something out of the that hat at some point. This just feels empty.

Edited by Orphanram