Relegation watch

Spanish

Looking at the table, there's as big a gap between 22nd place Birmingham and 16th place QPR as there is between 6th place Bournemouth and 7th place Middlesbrough. Feels like half the league are looking over their shoulder to avoid the drop at present. I think other than Wycombe, who look to have been cut adrift, it'll be hard to call who else is going down. There's always one or two midtable sides whose form completely dies in the second half of the season, as well, so there could be even more that get dragged in.

6pts separating 14th to 22nd, its so close, pretty sure Coventry were about 8pts clear 2 weeks ago and pulled right into it. Alot of midtable teams have dropped points recently whereas as us, Rotherham, Forest & Sheff W picked up few wins and closed that gap.

Cardiff play Rotherham away midweek and Sheff W at home to Wycombe, I will be glad when everyone has played the same amount.

Our last 2 homes games vs Birmingham and Sheff W could be massive. Hopefully some fans will be allowed in by then.

Edited by DCFC1388

19 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

6pts separating 14th to 22nd, its so close, pretty sure Coventry were about 8pts clear 2 weeks ago and pulled right into it. Alot of midtable teams have dropped points recently whereas as us, Rotherham, Forest & Sheff W picked up few wins and closed that gap.

Cardiff play Rotherham away midweek and Sheff W at home to Wycombe, I will be glad when everyone has played the same amount.

Our last 2 homes games vs Birmingham and Sheff W could be massive. Hopefully some fans will be allowed in by then.

Could ? Will be 

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

I think losing our most influential player and then being comprehensively beaten on wednesday has shaken a few.  I can see why.  The new guys need to be good and we haven’t seen them yet.  If they are not then the current Rooney form is under threat

Iwouldnt say comprehensively beaten , it was a very tight game until 75th minute , we had just missed a great chance to take the lead , they scored and their last 2 came about because we were pushing forward , very fine margins

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

One thing for sure is we need to score more goals, our goals for is awful and thats the next criteria looked at if goal difference is level.

Rotherham have scored nearly double what we have.

If we lose, 3-2 is much better than 1-0

If we don’t score more goals than we have been doing we will be down, I don’t think we will go down but we other teams around us are scoring and our record this year is absolutely embarrassing 

55 minutes ago, JfR said:

Looking at the table, there's as big a gap between 22nd place Birmingham and 16th place QPR as there is between 6th place Bournemouth and 7th place Middlesbrough. Feels like half the league are looking over their shoulder to avoid the drop at present. I think other than Wycombe, who look to have been cut adrift, it'll be hard to call who else is going down. There's always one or two midtable sides whose form completely dies in the second half of the season, as well, so there could be even more that get dragged in.

Brum ?

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

It could have been worse ... but it wasn’t a good day

precariously tight with out of the drop zone by goal difference with a game in hand 

Wednesday are one win away from overtaking us and brum level on points and others moving a little bit clearer from us .. it’s way way way too tight for my aging heart to take 

Not perfect but I would say it was a relatively good day. Very tight as you say but our position compared with the two teams you have specifically mentioned has actually improved a little. 

28 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Iwouldnt say comprehensively beaten , it was a very tight game until 75th minute , we had just missed a great chance to take the lead , they scored and their last 2 came about because we were pushing forward , very fine margins

The context was why Simeón were having a melt down.  We were v poor against the mighty rovrum 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

If we are still having to get points out of our last 2 games to avoid relegation with the number of new players we've just had in then we deserve to go down really. 

Edited by Tyler Durden