Relegation watch

Spanish

Millwall15:00Nottingham Forest

I thought millwall may of got dragged into the relegation but regrettably it doesn’t look like it.  

Rotherham United15:00Derby County

Sheffield Wednesday15:00Coventry

the table looks awful for Wendy and they must take the chance to win this one but Coventry have proved to be no mugs this year

Wycombe Wanderers15:00Queens Park Rangers

a draw won’t do Wycombe much good, QPR just doing enough to stay out of trouble for now but they will be looking over their shoulders

On 17/12/2020 at 18:38, Spanish said:

Millwall15:00Nottingham Forest

I thought millwall may of got dragged into the relegation but regrettably it doesn’t look like it.  

Rotherham United15:00Derby County

Sheffield Wednesday15:00Coventry

the table looks awful for Wendy and they must take the chance to win this one but Coventry have proved to be no mugs this year

Wycombe Wanderers15:00Queens Park Rangers

a draw won’t do Wycombe much good, QPR just doing enough to stay out of trouble for now but they will be looking over their shoulders

Wycombe and QPR draw, which is ok

wendy wins which keeps Coventry looking over their shoulders.  The owls look like they have problems off the pitch so at the moment it is not a bad thing having them take points away from a potential relegation candidate

Florist draw 

having the game postponed was not great and with there being no midweek games it doesn’t give us much of an advantage with regards to rest.

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

Think Birmingham can be added to relegation watch...

On the same points as Coventry but losing to boro isn’t that significant.   3 defeats on the trot so not great but I always look to goal diff for an indication.  What makes you think they are circling the plug hole?

54 minutes ago, Spanish said:

On the same points as Coventry but losing to boro isn’t that significant.   3 defeats on the trot so not great but I always look to goal diff for an indication.  What makes you think they are circling the plug hole?

Not in good form and points total is not a million miles away, same points as Coventry. Millwall would be in the same boat if they weren't drawing rather than losing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd still like to think there are going to be (at least) three worse teams than us this season.

Based on tonight's performance, and to be honest the majority of the last month or so, there should be plenty of teams worse than us this season, including Birmingham who were one of the worst teams we've faced this season. They look a bit like we did at the start of the season so they certainly need something to turn around.

Of our next four games, we face Sheff Wed (22nd), Rotherham (23rd) and QPR (19th). We should be able to have a much better indication of how deep into this relegation battle we really are in just a few short weeks.

I think Karanka will be on his way soon, he's not popular down here in Brum.

Interesting to note that our results against the top 4 is 2 wins and 2 draws. It shows what could have been this season, especially when you consider the 17 points lost late on in games.

On a side note, if the season was abandoned tonight, after taking their 6 point deduction into account, Wednesday would be above Forest on average points per game.

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

I think Karanka will be on his way soon, he's not popular down here in Brum.

He picked a strange line up. 3 holding players in central midfield? No wonder hogan was isolated. Seems odd when playing a struggling team at home. Plus they have some good attacking midfielders - somewhere.

Half a season to go and unless a miracle happens at the January sales I think there's a chance we get cut adrift at the foot of the table. Saying that 2 of my favourite seasons were spent in the old 3rd division under Arthur Cox... I never missed a game home or away. Financially not good for the club but we were the big fish in the pool and going away to places like Grimsby  and completely taking over the ground was brilliant. Of course you didn't need tickets in them days...you paid on the door and they got you in somewhere lol

2 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

my worry is forest is they will just buy their way out of trouble again, i hope we do when the takeover is done but that is a big big concern

I think qpr will get dragged in, they can't defend to save their lives and birmingham cant score.

I think they blew there wad in the summer on wages if not fees.  I can think of at least 7-8 players that they must be using as doorstops on 10-15 k a week.  Actually didn't they sign Blackett, just remembered him. another one that's being used as a draft excluder.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think they blew there wad in the summer on wages if not fees.  I can think of at least 7-8 players that they must be using as doorstops on 10-15 k a week.  Actually didn't they sign Blackett, just remembered him. another one that's being used as a draft excluder.

they signed a whole squad but will probably do it again, i dont think the fat greek cares about the wage bill especially not with them lingering over the drop zone

knockaert is not going back so that must free up a fair amount of wages for them if they have to sell to buy

10 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

they signed a whole squad but will probably do it again, i dont think the fat greek cares about the wage bill especially not with them lingering over the drop zone

knockaert is not going back so that must free up a fair amount of wages for them if they have to sell to buy

I think they must have the largest wage bill in the division. Still got players like Hefele who never play who dropped from the premier league.  They had a first team - without the kids - of about 30 prior to bringing in Arter etc late on. They sold Cash for about 12 mil? but expect that would only cover the wages they added for a year.  You could be right, but it would be loans rather than permanent I think.