v Luton (h) Matchday Thread

Parsnip

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/03/2021 at 14:09, Anag Ram said:

The joy of supporting Derby County is you never know. 

Byrne's first cross might land on a forward's head and sail into the net. 

Heads and shoulders lift. The team starts pinging it around and suddenly we look like a team again. 

And no, I haven't been drinking! ?

Jesus Christ.  That's optimistic!

Yes, Byrne needs to get his Passover much earlier than before, as sure as eggs is eggs.  

Need to play the ball Fast.  Resurrect our form from a few weeks back.  Be holy committed for the full 90 mins.  Otherwise, we don't have a prayer!

*That would have been much better if we had been playing Hibs away!  

20 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Followed by a post match interview from Wayne blaming the 'front three' for not doing enough to create and convert chances and about 15 posts slamming Tom Lawrence for not scoring a hat-trick? 

Time Wizzy got some more stick me thinks....if we lose that is....

Massive game, we really need to win this. Lets hope we get to the form when Rooney first took over, results over performance worked then and is what we need now.

We have looked better with 3 at the back and 2 forwards, like 2nd half vs Brentford. Go more direct, build up off the front 2 and keep the width with our wingbacks to get the ball wide and crosses in to 2 forwards.

After the international break it is difficult to predict how we line up with players being away and with us not being in form we could make a lot of changes.

My team would be (3412) - 

Roos - Edmundson Mengi Clarke - Byrne Knight Shinnie Buchanan - Sibley - CKR Gregory

Bench - Marshall Wisdom Forsyth Bird Watson Roberts Lawrence Jozwiak Waghorn

That back 3 looked solid vs Barnsley, Wisdom has been poor and Edmundson offers us more imo. Sibley with a free role to pick up the loose balls off the front 2.

Plenty of attacking options on the bench to change it. Easily go into a 343, 433, 4132, 4231

I'd go 3-4-2 and give Waggy and Naughty Tom 45 mins each in the Jester. 

Marshall

Wizzy   Mengi   Clarke

Byrne   Knight   Sibley   Bucho

Roberts   Kazim

3 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

I'd go 3-4-2 and give Waggy and Naughty Tom 45 mins each in the Jester. 

Marshall

Wizzy   Mengi   Clarke

Byrne   Knight   Sibley   Bucho

Roberts   Kazim

Confident only playing with 10.

Or are you going to sneak an 11th player on at a suitably advantageous moment? ?

12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Jesus Christ.  That's optimistic!

Yes, Byrne needs to get his Passover much earlier than before, as sure as eggs is eggs.  

Need to play the ball Fast.  Resurrect our form from a few weeks back.  Be holy committed for the full 90 mins.  Otherwise, we don't have a prayer!

*That would have been much better if we had been playing Hibs away!  

Eggs actly 

1 hour ago, California Ram. said:

Only 2 pages of thread on match-day after 2 weeks ‘missing’ the championship - we really need something to spark us all into life. 

A few throw ins in their half, the odd corner even....don’t want to set expectations too high ?

Archived