v Luton (h) Matchday Thread

Parsnip

18 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Followed by a post match interview from Wayne blaming the 'front three' for not doing enough to create and convert chances 

Yes, Then the customary comment at the end of the interview about how "Mengi is improving every game". 

We're in a perilous situation, desperate for wins we're not getting, but a player we don't even own is getting experience and improving so there are some positives...

If we’re determined to play 3 at the back then I’d go for-

Roos

Wizzy  Mengi/Edmund Clarke

Byrne    Shinnie    Bird   Buchanan

Sibley       Lawrence

CKR 

Sibley and Lawrence to operate in the channels and get around and beyond CKR. With Byrne and Buchanan pushing forwards.

Edited by Ramarena

Hmmmmmm

Not sure about Gregory upfront on his own. He’s seemed a bit Nuge esq to me, lots of running but not much else.......hope he proves me wrong!

Otherwise it looks ok, a bit more attacking. Love knight but I think he needs a few games out so don’t mind that. Waggy needs a performance here!

7 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Edmundson is probably a better CB overall than Wisdom but Clarke & Wisdom have experience playing alongside each other, We don't have time for a Clarke+Edmundson defence to gel.

I understand Watson's potential, but can you really trust him in the situation we're in? He's only just made his professional debut and has looked somewhat decent for about the equivalent of 30 minutes in recent games. He was also completely useless against Brentford.

Understand the point about Edmundson but he has played with Clarke a few times in a back 3 and so think he would be fine.

Bit unfair of you to say Watson was useless v Brentford. The entire team were dreadful that first half and he was also being played out of position in LW for some reason. We should be seeing a lot more of the ball this game which should suit Watson perfectly, especially with the insurance of having Shinnie there with him. 

The other options in there are Knight, he will run all day and put in a real shift, win the ball back, press the opponent, but he's not really suited to a holding mid and will generally just do what Shinnie is already doing in this system. He lacks the quality to pick a pass. 

Bird is possibly an option but he has been in very poor form. Has given the ball away a lot this season, been very sloppy with his passes, too slow, and too passive, always looks for the safe option.

Could also play Baningime there but i don't see the point with Shinnie already there. We are really missing a link between the midfield and the forwards, Watson seems to be our best option at filling that role. 

I kind of like the line up although I'm a bit confused as I thought Rooney had said those involved in international action wouldn't be playing today. I'm unconvinced that Forsyth has the legs nowadays but Buchanan is in a poor run of form and I think Bird is a big mistake over Knight. Roberts vs Waggy is tricky but I'd have probably chosen Roberts today too. 

Edited by Leeds Ram