v Luton (h) Matchday Thread

Parsnip

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

No one questions it when it's two right footed players

Because A) We’ve not played two of the same footed players there for ages and B) our players are crap so the one footedness has more impact on their ability to play.

6 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Understand the point about Edmundson but he has played with Clarke a few times in a back 3 and so think he would be fine.

You might think he'd be fine, but we're just not in a position to test whether line-ups work or not. Wisdom & Clarke have been the CB's during our "best" performances this season and have the most experience, same with Knight & Shinnie in midfield.

Let’s see what today brings. Can’t deny the team selection is positive. Most people’s gripes seem to be about the goalkeeper selection, that’s not bad really, almost consensus.

Bird for Knight - agree with this, Knight has been poor for a number of weeks, not affecting games. Bird needs a performance. He is good enough, he’s proven it last season. He’s a huge talent. It’s his chance now. 

Waggy for Roberts - unlucky for Roberts but again chance for Waggy now. Massively underperformed this season.

Gregory for CKR - if CKR is fit I’m surprised, but Gregory was excellent when he last played (the 45 mins v Brentford). Looked like the player i remembered from his past performances against us.

People can disagree on starting 11 but way it looks we’re setting up looks the right way to go. Got a good feeling about today.

14 minutes ago, Diego said:

Worried we didn't pick creativity in the middle but I note Bird is playing, phew.......

Bird. Creativity? 

Well I can’t complain as I’ve been wanting him to field a similar line up to the 3-0 vs Blackburn last season and that had a midfield three of Bird, Shinnie & Sibley. Martin played very well that day so CKR might have been a better fit. Guaranteed to be absolutely terrible of course.

1 minute ago, Orphanram said:

Well I can’t complain as I’ve been wanting him to field a similar line up to the 3-0 vs Blackburn last season and that had a midfield three of Bird, Shinnie & Sibley. Martin played very well that day so CKR might have been a better fit. Guaranteed to be absolutely terrible of course.

• Hamer vs Marshall
  • Bogle vs Byrne
  • Knight vs Lawrence
  • Martin vs Gregory

image.png.4202a420bea85b260265fca80d39cecb.png

18 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

You might think he'd be fine, but we're just not in a position to test whether line-ups work or not. Wisdom & Clarke have been the CB's during our "best" performances this season and have the most experience, same with Knight & Shinnie in midfield.

they've also been our CB pairing during our "worst" performances aswell. 

7 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Good to see Bird back in, our best youngster imo. Needs movement and options in front of him though, hopefully this set up provides him with that.

4663DEB7-4D2D-4B93-A96D-59F25D320DDB.thumb.jpeg.32a106001120d2336883cc4d8d4320bc.jpeg

Archived