v Luton (h) Matchday Thread

Parsnip

Looking at fixtures...This really is a must win. 

Home game against an average team with nothing to play for...if we don't get 3 points today, then when? 

A Derby defeat and victories elsewhere, we would suddenly be favourites to go down with a pretty tough run of fixtures against teams going for Promotion. 

After the initial big bounce from Rooney's appointment, we have been really really abject in every regard. 4 or 5 performances, have been as limp as I have ever seen. 

Surely it's got to be a positive selection.

Roos

Edmundsen Mengi Clarke 

Byrne Forsyth 

Knight 

Sibley Roberts 

CKR Gregory 

I'd like to see some evidence of Rooney learning lessons today. We dont need to 'match up' with Luton, the focus needs to be on creating chances & getting ahead early. That means we should definitely not be starting with Knight & Shinnie in midfield or with 5 defenders on the pitch. We are likely to have most of the ball & need to be proactive from the off. The longer the game remains goalless, the harder it'll be.

My ideal line up to start;

20210321_141434.jpg.309a840184619902b3b2162b80471d26.jpg

29 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Looking at fixtures...This really is a must win. 

Home game against an average team with nothing to play for...if we don't get 3 points today, then when? 

A Derby defeat and victories elsewhere, we would suddenly be favourites to go down with a pretty tough run of fixtures against teams going for Promotion. 

After the initial big bounce from Rooney's appointment, we have been really really abject in every regard. 4 or 5 performances, have been as limp as I have ever seen. 

Surely it's got to be a positive selection.

Roos

Edmundsen Mengi Clarke 

Byrne Forsyth 

Knight 

Sibley Roberts 

CKR Gregory 

Roos

Wizzi          Mengi        Clarke

Byrne                                                                                Fozzy     

Shinnie

Knight                            Sibley

Lawrence

CKR

11 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Massive game, we really need to win this. Lets hope we get to the form when Rooney first took over, results over performance worked then and is what we need now.

We have looked better with 3 at the back and 2 forwards, like 2nd half vs Brentford. Go more direct, build up off the front 2 and keep the width with our wingbacks to get the ball wide and crosses in to 2 forwards.

After the international break it is difficult to predict how we line up with players being away and with us not being in form we could make a lot of changes.

My team would be (3412) - 

Roos - Edmundson Mengi Clarke - Byrne Knight Shinnie Buchanan - Sibley - CKR Gregory

Bench - Marshall Wisdom Forsyth Bird Watson Roberts Lawrence Jozwiak Waghorn

That back 3 looked solid vs Barnsley, Wisdom has been poor and Edmundson offers us more imo. Sibley with a free role to pick up the loose balls off the front 2.

Plenty of attacking options on the bench to change it. Easily go into a 343, 433, 4132, 4231

If Rooney plays 5/3 at the back and a midfield 2 of Shinnie and Knight we’ll be in trouble. Got to find a way of playing Sibley, Roberts, Lawrence to pose a threat and actually create something for a change. If we worry about the mighty Luton’s ‘threat’ then I despair. Pick a team to WIN - that means  attacking intent from the off. 

Only 3 pages in on a matchday?! It can't just be me that's completely fed up with this season then?

Stating the obvious, but we need to win... and we need to do it soon.

Roos
Byrne, Edmundson, Clarke, Buchanan
                Knight, Shinnie
       Jozwiak, Sibley, Lawrence
                       Kazim

Subs: Marshall, Wisdom, Forsyth, Bird, Waghorn, Gregory, Roberts, Watson, Wilson

Roos to keep his place. Edmundson to start over Wisdom (if there's more chance of Edmundson being around next season there's no point keeping him on the bench). Joz to start (see if he can continue his international form). Sibbo and Lawrence to join Joz in an attacking midfield three (should be plenty of creativity there on paper). CKR as the lone striker.

COYR! ?

Edited by Black ('n' White) Sheep

Little Luton sit mid table on the magic 50 point mark. They have more 1-0 away wins than any team in the league . Wazza and Rozza can mix n match the loan players however they like . But I hope they have used the last 10 days to rebuild confidence and practise shooting.

Despite my overwhelming pessimism I do hope the international break has given some of the lads a chance to recover some fitness and get some work done on the training pitch. 

We've looked tired recently (partially down to the fixtures but mostly down to Cocu's pre-season producing an unfit squad). Hopefully we've got a bit zip back and that is enough for today. 

1 hour ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Only 3 pages in on a matchday?! It can't just be me that's completely fed up with this season then?

Stating the obvious, but we need to win... and we need to do it soon.

Roos
Byrne, Edmundson, Clarke, Buchanan
                Knight, Shinnie
       Jozwiak, Sibley, Lawrence
                       Kazim

Subs: Marshall, Wisdom, Forsyth, Bird, Waghorn, Gregory, Roberts, Watson, Wilson

Roos to keep his place. Edmundson to start over Wisdom (if there's more chance of Edmundson being around next season there's no point keeping him on the bench). Joz to start (see if he can continue his international form). Sibbo and Lawrence to join Joz in an attacking midfield three (should be plenty of creativity there on paper). CKR as the lone striker.

COYR! ?

I really hope we go with a bit more of an attacking line up. Not sure Jozwiack will play as he played on Wednesday (albeit on as a sub, so not a full game), but if he does, I'd probably drop Knight, move Jozwiack to the left side and bring Roberts on the right. 

I’m not really bothered about it. Whatever happens happens. 
just hope a few young players can start to make a name for themselves over the last 8 games.
we can’t get too emotionally invested in it if the owner isn’t bothered.