New management team required - NOW

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I too think it's a shrewd move to keep sacking managers until we magically get new owners and new players.

I agree, after all Rooney has been allowed to bring in five loans now so why wouldn't we consider ourselves to have seen everything he is capable of. Let's get the next one in - we can probably just open up the last thread and give all the 'I'd like to give Igor a go' comments a bump.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

A new manager would be great but in the meantime, you are right, we need to back the one we've got.

You see that’s where I disagree I think we have a new manager in Rooney. 

He has hardly had time to get his feet under the table yet. 

13 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Maybe running out to some decent music, The Stranglers maybe ?

I agree because we have no more heroes and something better change

Plus, I am thinking maybe we should all just walk on by Pride Park?

But then again, at the end of the day let's just enjoy things as much as we can because after all, who wants the world?

12 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I’m pretty sure most people at HT thought the same as me and was questioning everything. 

You're not telling me you'd have walked out and gone home. at halftime are you? Rams could have won that game last night, silly first penalty to concede, as soon as Wisdom lost possession, you could see it coming, but even at 2 down, there was still 45 minutes to turn things around, and they did.

A win at Stoke combined with a lot of other potential results on Saturday afternoon and all of a sudden, the cracks that were being papered over, will have disappeared. Keep the faith, its not blind faith, either. New backers, investment in the team and things have the potential to be significantly different.

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Can you tell me your exact thoughts when the HT whistle blew? 

After 5 games of rubbish, there’s no way anybody thought we’d come back to draw. 

The second half doesn’t paper over the cracks from the last 5 games. Only a win at Stoke will make the second half last night worth it. 

I had no thoughts because I was teaching.

14 hours ago, Andicis said:

It actually aged fine. We've been on a dire run of form, one draw doesn't really change the fact that we're the second lowest scorers in the league and that up to the second half tonight, we'd been completely outplayed in our last 5 games. 

Completely agree.

We score a couple of goals and earn a draw in one game and supporters are immediately blinded to the reality of our dire position. Totally lost on me how supporters can continue to defend the indefensible.

I'm not going to ramble over the ground I covered in previous posts but he must go. We WILL NOT move forward until we employ a proven and successful manager, and the sooner the better.

Be nice if the new owners (another story) showed him the door. I can wish.

A lot of anti Rooney posts...since Rooney was appointed full time manager, we are 9th in the form table, moved out of the relegation zone,  achieved a positive goal difference and won more than lost. For some of this period we have had a paper thin squad and a lack of quality everywhere. Under Rooney, we are NOT the lowest scorers in the league and we haven't conceded too many. We have had a few poor performances but this has characterised our whole season. The SQUAD is not good enough to challenge at the moment and we are severely lacking the quality we had a couple of seasons ago.  

Give the guy a chance.

A month or so back 'everyone' (when things were going well)  were singing he's praises and hoping no big team would come in and lure him away at the end of season. 

Were very fickle fans, the first sign of things going wrong we demand and shout of change both on and off the pitch. 

Over the last few seasons due to various reasons we have practically had a different manager every season and half to two seasons.

With that has come a massive turn around in playing staff which turn has exacerbated our perilous financial situation.

Stability in all parts of the club what we need.

Only with this, can we even think of moving forward. 

5 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I agree because we have no more heroes and something better change

Plus, I am thinking maybe we should all just walk on by Pride Park?

But then again, at the end of the day let's just enjoy things as much as we can because after all, who wants the world?

Can't believe you did that without getting 96 Tears in somewhere

I'm all for giving Rooney time.  I like his approach.  The players seem to buy into him.  He stopped the rot.  Yes we've had some poor games, & some of it may be down to his tactics / team selections, but I think he learns from this. Let's face it, for some of those games the players themselves didn't turn up.  He's open & honest.   I don't buy into the proven & successful manager call.  Cocu was proven and successful.   We don't currently have a squad capable of challenging for the automatics, but I think Rooney, overall has got the best out of most of them.  He knows what he wants. I want to see him with funds behind him, his own team, with 30,000 fans in PP and then we can decide if we need a proven and successful manager.  If he keeps us up, based on where we were, and how poor we were every week, for me he's already successful.  

3 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

A lot of anti Rooney posts...since Rooney was appointed full time manager, we are 9th in the form table, moved out of the relegation zone,  achieved a positive goal difference and won more than lost. For some of this period we have had a paper thin squad and a lack of quality everywhere. Under Rooney, we are NOT the lowest scorers in the league and we haven't conceded too many. We have had a few poor performances but this has characterised our whole season. The SQUAD is not good enough to challenge at the moment and we are severely lacking the quality we had a couple of seasons ago.  

Exactly this - judge over 24 games not the last 5. 9th in the form table over a large chunk of the season that is about the very top end of where this team is at, vastly improved on the first 13 games and continue this we will survive no problem. Not blind faith - facts looking at his whole reign so far which includes winning runs and losing runs. Can’t believe some people are still questioning him. We are still in trouble because of the disastrous start pre-Rooney. 

That being said, this squad was always better than the position it was in when he took over, he’s doing a good job but too early to say he’s a miracle worker and the right man longer term. He won’t have much to spend so the challenge will be can he improve this set of players and make astute signings in key areas to take us to the next level and playing in a style easier on the eye (last night in the second half will do just fine). The jury remains very much out on that. 

4 hours ago, Pearson. said:

Completely agree.

We score a couple of goals and earn a draw in one game and supporters are immediately blinded to the reality of our dire position. Totally lost on me how supporters can continue to defend the indefensible.

I'm not going to ramble over the ground I covered in previous posts but he must go. We WILL NOT move forward until we employ a proven and successful manager, and the sooner the better.

Be nice if the new owners (another story) showed him the door. I can wish.

A proven Manager say like your namesake ? 

On 17/03/2021 at 13:13, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

The team have been completely transformed under Rooney. The attitude is different. Every team struggles when they lose a couple of games.

Before Rooney, they would not have had the confidence to play better football after losing a few games, and being 2 down at half time. Before Rooney, it would have got worse and worse.

And if we are still ninth in the form table since Rooney took over - despite the winless run - compared with twenty-sixth, or whatever it was before Rooney - that's amazing.

PS. Rooney has an amazing football brain. He makes the game look easy -like anyone who's talented. And he can make the players understand what they need to do. And he will get better and better at managing.

The best thing is that I can imagine him smiling and having a little chuckle when we moan at him - so it might not matter if we give him a bit too much stick.

Archived