New management team required - NOW

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Get them all out. Far too inexperienced for this league. 

We are in real danger right now and something needs to change. 

It did.

3 attacking subs and a 4th when Lawrence came on. Just a rethink he’d got it wrong and a bit more positive intent, needs to think like it more often.

Rooney still learning his trade, so long as he does, makes more decisions like half time, we’ll be alright ?

Of all those gloating and saying the thread was way too hasty, I'd ask.. how many saw that 2nd half performance coming??

After 4 or 5 really terrible performances that was a truly amazing turnaround 2nd half, now we just need to secure safety asap. 

Personally I wasn't calling for his head, but I'm still really struggling to see Rooney as the long term answer at present. That first half was so tactically bad it can only be his fault. Really chuffed we got a point and whilst he did great to drag that improvement out of them, there have been too many alarming performances recently for me to think he has what it takes to turn us into promotion contenders next year. 

10 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Of all those gloating and saying the thread was way too hasty, I'd ask.. how many saw that 2nd half performance coming??

After 4 or 5 really terrible performances that was a truly amazing turnaround 2nd half, now we just need to secure safety asap. 

Personally I wasn't calling for his head, but I'm still really struggling to see Rooney as the long term answer at present. That first half was so tactically bad it can only be his fault. Really chuffed we got a point and whilst he did great to drag that improvement out of them, there have been too many alarming performances recently for me to think he has what it takes to turn us into promotion contenders next year. 

Exactly.

He got it right in the second half - credit for that.

But it shouldn't cover up that he got it so wrong in the first half.

The point and second half turn around makes this thread seem ridiculous. The next game will show if anything has been learnt from tonight.

We were a half from going on our longest non scoring run since the 11 point season! Then we went and did something we haven't done all season. The madness of football. Or, classic Derby.

It actually aged fine. We've been on a dire run of form, one draw doesn't really change the fact that we're the second lowest scorers in the league and that up to the second half tonight, we'd been completely outplayed in our last 5 games. 

In all seriousness we're not going down. It's just been a poor season. Rooney has shown some frailties but also promising signs. This squad isn't good enough, we have a few good players but just not enough. Serious work needs doing in the summer. Hopefully a takeover happens and funds become available. Give Rooney the chance to get this club moving again. If it turns out he's out of his depth, then yes start to ask questions. But we're not even close to that point yet. Close this thread and enjoy the ride. 

Can’t really believe most of the comments on this thread. Yes, we are all frustrated with the dire position we find ourselves, yes we are frustrated with the performances, but seriously, peeps calling for a complete management reshuffle? Where do you think the money is going to come from? We already made one decision this season that cost us millions (cocu), signing Wayne is costing us millions, the club is in millions of debt, financial penalty still looming, still no crowds aloud in to generate any money this season.... and yet, fans think the solution is to spend more money. Like, where the hell is that going to come from? 

Seriously... it’s pathetic. Some fans need to get a grip.... yes be passionate, yes be angry, yes want to see more... but this season is over... we have enough skill in the squad to stay up, and it will be close, but I think it’s high time some fans reset the expectations levels and start being realistic with suggestions. 

Archived