New management team required - NOW

10 minutes ago, Topram said:

This side is poor but how can Rooney really say he wants to build a team for promotion on what evidence does he think he’s good enough to take a side up when he’s currently taking one down 

relegated sides are usually one of the favourites to go back up again. 

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

He's had a lot longer than Nigel Pearson had, and he's been in charge of the club this season for longer than Cocu was, so I think it's more than fair!

Also, was this the season to go with a "trainee" manager, do you think?

I was joking. I’m Rooney out and never in

This is all down to Mel Morris.

He's appointed 3 managers in a row with no championship experience. 

Lampard wouldn't have done well without the loans. Cocu was risky. He did the same with Clement. 

We're not a training wheels club. 

Rookie players, rookie managers. 

Ever since Rooney walked into this club everything has been about him. The media coverage, the fans' attention, the team selection, the decision to appoint him manager. He's had it all his own way.

Played like garbage under his manager but guaranteed a start nonetheless, clearly eyed up the manager's job from the get go and, as always, has gotten exactly what he wanted.

I'm absolutely sick of this club and its fanbase being in thrall to celebrity players who didn't know or care we existed until we offered them a job. Whoever the new owners are I hope they don't make decisions based on publicity anymore.

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Ever since Rooney walked into this club everything has been about him. The media coverage, the fans' attention, the team selection, the decision to appoint him manager. He's had it all his own way.

Played like garbage under his manager but guaranteed a start nonetheless, clearly eyed up the manager's job from the get go and, as always, has gotten exactly what he wanted.

I'm absolutely sick of this club and its fanbase being in thrall to celebrity players who didn't know or care we existed until we offered them a job. Whoever the new owners are I hope they don't make decisions based on publicity anymore.

well yeah, he was brought in as player/coach

1 minute ago, DCFClks said:

Come on Mel, you've got one more sacking in you before you leave. Just bring back Lamps & Jody. I know hiring a manager for a 2nd time who previously binned for someone else is embarrassing, but you've done it before. 

parting gift to the fans.

5 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

well yeah, he was brought in as player/coach

This is a big part of why I'm so negative regarding Rooney. In terms of his managerial performance he's done ok. I know our current run is dragging us back into the relegation scrap, but if you'd told me when he took over that we'd be out of the relegation zone in late March I'd have taken it. What doesn't sit well with me is that he was given the job at all considering he was part of the coaching team that had us playing so poorly in the first place and his own dreadful form was of great detriment to Cocu's tenure. We chose to reward failure, well it seems that way. We all know the real reason Rooney was appointed, yet another celebrity hire and the desperate hope that it might somehow encourage the fake sheikh to find some real money for the takeover.

18 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

How was Rooney garbage for us?? He was the reason we climbed the table last season 

16 minutes ago, thelovebelow said:

This is all down to Mel Morris.

He's appointed 3 managers in a row with no championship experience. 

Lampard wouldn't have done well without the loans. Cocu was risky. He did the same with Clement. 

We're not a training wheels club. 

Rookie players, rookie managers. 

‘Lampard wouldn’t have done well without the loans’...that doesn’t mean he would have done bad! Also, he had the loans just like Rooney has loans. Is Harry Wilson taking Cardiff up...fairly certain he’s sat on the bench half the time. Rooney has had Mengi from Utd, isn’t it exactly the same scenario as Tomori?

I’m not trying to say he was a great manager as we didn’t have long enough to see, but saying he was a bad choice from Mel is absolute rubbish.

3 minutes ago, Mckram said:

‘Lampard wouldn’t have done well without the loans’...that doesn’t mean he would have done bad! Also, he had the loans just like Rooney has loans. Is Harry Wilson taking Cardiff up...fairly certain he’s sat on the bench half the time. Rooney has had Mengi from Utd, isn’t it exactly the same scenario as Tomori?

I’m not trying to say he was a great manager as we didn’t have long enough to see, but saying he was a bad choice from Mel is absolute rubbish.

How far are we away from that win at ******* Road in the play offs...

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

How was Rooney garbage for us?? He was the reason we climbed the table last season 

Fair play to him for that. I think most would agree he was a big part of why we climbed the table last season. The problem is that he was also a big part of why we had such an abysmal start this season and why his predecessor lost his job.

6 minutes ago, thelovebelow said:

Wheres Mac? 

Not seen him in ages. 

Has he left as the BZI wasn't coming in? 

He probably doesn’t want to be associated with the tripe being served up currently so is keeping a low profile. I wouldn’t want my name associated with performances that stink the place out would you ?

That was a winnable game today with the correct approach.

I read a post from someone who said he was up to the back teeth with supporters embracing celebrity managers, no problem with that, I got on the Rooney bandwagon because I thought he was going to bring us everything he learned under Fergie, not because he’s a big name. I’m baffled how he does the exact opposite to what he learned at Old Trafford.

Now calling for lampard pmsl he’s half the reason we’re in the poo leaving us so late in summer when we knew he was going!!! Ducked up Wembley by picking wrong team and got lucky against Leeds bringing on Marriott for injured Holmes ....

9 minutes ago, S8TY said:

He was part of the reason we climbed up the table but from about a couple games into that lockdown period onwards he was increasingly poor until the point he was actively a liability for large sections of the very end of last season carrying into this one.

Archived