New management team required - NOW

Just now, Abu Derby said:

Because we had a striker who could score? 

Yeah I guess that's true we are missing our top scorer from last season in Waghorn.....

Flippant comment aside Martin might explain a small part of it but he wasn't actually a consistent starter last year and  it certainly doesn't explain why almost every attacking player in the squad has dropped of a cliff in terms of productivity compared to previous seasons. Tactics, management and coaching though, that might explain it?

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Anon said:

The goals and link up play of a certain chubby funster who once was the terror of East Anglian public houses?

Martin wasn't a guaranteed starter last year. It explains part of it for sure and he'd definitely be a plus but it simply doesn't explain away why nearly none of the attacking players are producing close to anything like what they've done previously.

I don't think the argument for stability really works here. What good is being ''stable'' if we're in league 1? The football is absolutely turgid, we aren't grinding out results anymore and we're plummeting, the rookie manager looks out of his depth. Surely the financial pain of sacking Rooney isn't as bad as the cost of being relegated? We need a change, now.  

13 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Yeah I guess that's true we are missing our top scorer from last season in Waghorn.....

Flippant comment aside Martin might explain a small part of it but he wasn't actually a consistent starter last year and  it certainly doesn't explain why almost every attacking player in the squad has dropped of a cliff in terms of productivity compared to previous seasons. Tactics, management and coaching though, that might explain it?

We’ve got a far weaker, younger squad than we had last season, supplemented by players on loan who are just as young and inexperienced. 
On top of that we’re skink and the ownership issue is effecting the stability and morale of the whole club. 

3 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

We’ve got a far weaker, younger squad than we had last season, supplemented by players on loan who are just as young and inexperienced. 
On top of that we’re skink and the ownership issue is effecting the stability and morale of the whole club. 

How?

if anything it's better than last season.

Better GK, Better LB, Better wingers, Better ST, everyone else is same as before. 

5 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

But the only material loss in terms of playing staff is Martin, we in fact added experience in Marshall and Byrne, so I just don't buy it. 

The club's stability might be play a factor but it's honestly hard to say.

Just now, Andicis said:

Not in the slightest, why would that be ridiculous? 

Because you can't just replace an entire management setup in a matter of days. I doubt the powers that be have planned for a wholesale replacement of the setup so it'd take time. Meanwhile we'd be in limbo and probably ship even more points than we would under Rooney et al.

And that's before you even get to the fact that we'd struggle to attract anyone half decent given we're in a relegation battle with serious financial woes.

5 minutes ago, Ramley Apple said:

Because you can't just replace an entire management setup in a matter of days. I doubt the powers that be have planned for a wholesale replacement of the setup so it'd take time. Meanwhile we'd be in limbo and probably ship even more points than we would under Rooney et al.

And that's before you even get to the fact that we'd struggle to attract anyone half decent given we're in a relegation battle with serious financial woes.

We've had 2 points this month. A caretaker or any new manager would be easily able to at the very least match it, most would comfortably surpass it. 

Would we struggle to attract ''anyone half decent'' or would we struggle to hire big names? Because they're different things all together. 

And to add, this is the best time to do it, international break gives us time to make changes. 

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

But the only material loss in terms of playing staff is Martin, we in fact added experience in Marshall and Byrne, so I just don't buy it. 

The club's stability might be play a factor but it's honestly hard to say.

Brian Clough would have struggled with this lot.

Wingers who can’t cross, strikers who don’t/can’t shoot, no creative playmaker, continually giving the ball away to the opposition, defenders losing their markers etc. 
We are near the bottom because this team of players aren’t good enough. 

Gareth Ainsworth of Wycombe knows the same applies to his team. We will know soon enough if we’re going down with them. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We've had 2 points this month. A caretaker or any new manager would be easily able to at the very least match it, most would comfortably surpass it. 

Would we struggle to attract ''anyone half decent'' or would we struggle to hire big names? Because they're different things all together. 

The OP advocated sacking the whole managerial setup

You do know that consists of other people alongside Wayne Rooney, right?

2 minutes ago, Ramley Apple said:

The OP advocated sacking the whole managerial setup

You do know that consists of other people alongside Wayne Rooney, right?

I notice you didn't actually respond to any of the points I made. 

Archived