New management team required - NOW

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those football historian buffs and aficionados with greater minds than myself when was the last time we went through a season without winning a game after going behind? (Assuming we don't manage that feat from now until season end)

Last one I can recall was our stint the Premiership when we only won one game anyway against Newcastle 1-0 and how many years ago was that.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

For those football historian buffs and aficionados with greater minds than myself when was the last time we went through a season without winning a game after going behind? (Assuming we don't manage that feat from now until season end)

Last one I can recall was our stint the Premiership when we only won one game anyway against Newcastle 1-0 and how many years ago was that.

Having spent a sad 45mins on the 11v11 website, we've managed a comeback league win in every season since the prem season up to this one..... 

Cba to list the results but they're there all right..... 

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Having spent a sad 45mins on the 11v11 website, we've managed a comeback league win in every season since the prem season up to this one..... 

Cba to list the results but they're there all right..... 

Thankyou.

How sad is that.

Not your research by the way ☺️

Still time left I guess to break the duck. 

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Thankyou.

How sad is that.

Not your research by the way ☺️

Still time left I guess to break the duck. 

Tbf, there are not many comeback wins. 

When we were good we were generally either steamrollering teams or being poohoused. 

When we were poor, we typically nicked only 1 or 2 come from behind wins..... 

This year tho...... Only 2 come from behind points is desperate ?

To everyone who responded with ''aged well'' or something similar, this thread aged perfectly. We're in serious danger of going with Rooney at the helm, and getting a draw in one game wasn't enough to claim otherwise. The original poster had a valid and in my opinion, correct point. I welcome people calling me a mardy toddler now. 

Just now, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Really good performance today, well done lads. Not one kin shot on target against a very poor Stoke team 

Hope all the people who rushed to call you names for posting this will be here tonight, but I reckon that they won't be. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Hope all the people who rushed to call you names for posting this will be here tonight, but I reckon that they won't be. 

There’s no arguments. We are very poor and not looking like getting any better. 

The country’s leading goal scorer can’t muster a shot on target. The whole management team haven’t got a clue how to set a team up

Out of interest, what is Rooney's win percentage as of today?

Games played, wins, draws loses, etc

And how does it compare with other managers after the same amount of games?

Not a loaded question - just interested to know how he compares to say, Clough, Clement, Rowett etc...

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

There’s no arguments. We are very poor and not looking like getting any better. 

The country’s leading goal scorer can’t muster a shot on target. The whole management team haven’t got a clue how to set a team up

Out of interest, with the attacking talent and creative threat at our disposal how would you set a team up and have us pose a threat?

I’m so bored of the “Haven’t a clue”, “worst performances I’ve ever seen”, etc. So over the top.
Has it been entertaining recently? No

Am I confident of us staying up? No

Have we looked the same team since Bielik was injured? No

Would another management team conjure up some players from somewhere? No

look how many youngsters we had out there today, we have a poor squad. All I can hope for is a limp to safety and hopefully a good summer transfer. I do not see what a management change now would achieve. 

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Out of interest, what is Rooney's win percentage as of today?

Games played, wins, draws loses, etc

And how does it compare with other managers after the same amount of games?

Not a loaded question - just interested to know how he compares to say, Clough, Clement, Rowett etc...

Not fair to compare a trainee manager with the others

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

Not fair to compare a trainee manager with the others

He's had a lot longer than Nigel Pearson had, and he's been in charge of the club this season for longer than Cocu was, so I think it's more than fair!

Also, was this the season to go with a "trainee" manager, do you think?

2 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Exactly..Rooney was not supported in January due to the takeover catastrophe..he needs to keep a consistent team out there.. stop changing it around. We have the players to easily stay up

yes we have the players, but the tactics are awful

Archived