New management team required - NOW

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, thelovebelow said:

This is all down to Mel Morris.

He's appointed 3 managers in a row with no championship experience. 

Lampard wouldn't have done well without the loans. Cocu was risky. He did the same with Clement. 

We're not a training wheels club. 

Rookie players, rookie managers. 

Cocu was not a rookie, what kind of brainworms live in your head?

I'll preface by saying I really don't like changing managers mid-season, actively think it's generally a bad idea. But honestly how long should we give him ? We are currently sat on 8 points from the previous 10 games. 10 games were we've been largely between woeful and a bit below mediocre. Honestly this run I think is worse performance wise than the run that cost Cocu his job despite scraping more points. And second half of Brentford to one side, it seems to be getting worse and there seems little to be encouraged about. It's frustrating to see the management team fail time and time again to learn the lessons of previous games and tactically we are all over the place; frequently getting it wildly wrong, overly focused on stopping opposition and a complete lack of anything resembling consistency. I'd be less concerned about the point tally if it felt like we were hard done too but honestly I feel we are lucky to have grabbed the 8 points we did.

Is sacking Rooney the correct decision right now ? I honestly don't know but I can't help but feel it does have to be considered because we are sliding back towards the relegation spots at an alarming pace with a squad that whilst flawed should be capable of midtable (after all almost that exact squad finished 10th last year). The time for making a change for the sake of it just to get a bounce is honestly rapidly approaching. 

I hope I'm wrong though and I hope we start to pull it back together under Rooney because there were a couple games around Xmas we showed some real promise.

19 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Now calling for lampard pmsl he’s half the reason we’re in the poo leaving us so late in summer when we knew he was going!!! Ducked up Wembley by picking wrong team and got lucky against Leeds bringing on Marriott for injured Holmes ....

complaining about a manager getting it wrong in a play-off final would be a very nice complaint to be able to make in our current situation.

Yes he did cause problems leaving so late but as you say we knew he was going. So it's the clubs fault really then? 

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I'll preface by saying I really don't like changing managers mid-season, actively think it's generally a bad idea. But honestly how long should we give him ? We are currently sat on 8 points from the previous 10 games. 10 games were we've been largely between woeful and a bit below mediocre. Honestly this run I think is worse performance wise than the run that cost Cocu his job despite scraping more points. And second half of Brentford to one side, it seems to be getting worse and there seems little to be encouraged about. It's frustrating to see the management team fail time and time again to learn the lessons of previous games and tactically we are all over the place; frequently getting it wildly wrong, overly focused on stopping opposition and a complete lack of anything resembling consistency. I'd be less concerned about the point tally if it felt like we were hard done too but honestly I feel we are lucky to have grabbed the 8 points we did.

Is sacking Rooney the correct decision right now ? I honestly don't know but I can't help but feel it does have to be considered because we are sliding back towards the relegation spots at an alarming pace with a squad that whilst flawed should be capable of midtable (after all almost that exact squad finished 10th last year). The time for making a change for the sake of it just to get a bounce is honestly rapidly approaching. 

I hope I'm wrong though and I hope we start to pull it back together under Rooney because there were a couple games around Xmas we showed some real promise.

Short term or long term, Rooney doesn’t look the answer. 

One of the things I like about a manager is when you can see them helping the players on the pitch. I’ve not seen that once from him and this team needs guidance. But at the minute, it’s the blind leading the blind. 

I mean look at Justin Walker, what advice can he really help Rooney with? He’s got no experience himself 

49 minutes ago, thelovebelow said:

This is all down to Mel Morris.

He's appointed 3 managers in a row with no championship experience. 

Lampard wouldn't have done well without the loans. Cocu was risky. He did the same with Clement. 

We're not a training wheels club. 

Rookie players, rookie managers. 

I agree mostly, but I think Lampard is different from the others. Yes I don't think he would have got top 6 without the loans, but isn't part of being a manager having connections to other clubs? Had he stayed he probably would have got other good Chelsea loan players. He also got players like Lawrence, Waghorn and Johnson playing better than any other manager has. He also created a positive mood at the club which no other manager has done since Mac.

13 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Surely we can’t afford to pay off Rooney and the other staff. I would bring Steve Mac in to the coaching side of things until the end of the season...

Why on earth did we offer him a 2 year contract? like he was ever going to reject a 1 year deal considering it's his first every manager role and he hasn't even completed his badges. This is almost as worse as Cocu's 4 year contract.

and the decision to offer him that contract was partly made by potential buyers who have now disappeared and have nothing to do with club!

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE MESS!!!!!

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Surely we can’t afford to pay off Rooney and the other staff. I would bring Steve Mac in to the coaching side of things until the end of the season...

Honestly that is a major worry.

Bringing in Mac to help doesn't seem the worst idea as we look so under-coached at times especially going forwards.  

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Honestly that is a major worry.

Bringing in Mac to help doesn't seem the worst idea as we look so under-coached at times especially going forwards.  

In hindsight Steve Mac replacing Cocu until the end of the season might have been a better call...

16 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

The only positive in making a change now would be to bet a temporary boost like we got when Rooney first arrived, and hopefully get us over the line.

I don't want the club to do what they did with Cocu, which was wait and see if he starts next season well and then if he doesn't that season is ruined as well.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

If it was as simple as that why did we finish 10th last year ?

The goals and link up play of a certain chubby funster who once was the terror of East Anglian public houses?

Archived