The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Fair enough. We changed the date for ours, to after 8 weeks - felt it was our duty as we were being encouraged to get vaccinated asap to help against the Indian variant.

TBH, after reading your comment, I went on to do similar. Gota be an all round good thing, for all. But after seeing that bit I quoted about waiting to be contacted, I didn't even try to go any further, for fear of messing things up. 
(I've amended my appointments once already, before my first jab.  You have to cancel the originals first, and in the hope of getting earlier slots, the availabilty had disappeared, and I ended up a week later for both!  I ain't trying that again!  LOL!) 

Edited by Mucker1884

37 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

On the advice of my sister who works at a vaccination center and said I'd get in, I canceled my 2nd jab for Bank Holiday Monday because we have friends coming to stay 2 days later and I didn't want to risk feeling crap.

I then went online to rebook and basically it was 'when can you come?'

That was Sunday and there were openings literally every morning and afternoon from Monday onwards.

So I went and had it this morning and was in and out in 10 minutes tops.

I'm in Cornwall, but my sister is in Derby and she says it's the same there.

Ooh... interesting... 

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

TBH, after reading your comment, I went on to do similar. Gota be an all round good thing, for all. But after seeing that bit I quoted about waiting to be contacted, I didn't even try to go any further, for fear of messing things up. 
(I've amended my appointments once already, before my first jab.  You have to cancel the originals first, and in the hope of getting earlier slots, the availabilty had disappeared, and I ended up a week later for both!  I ain't trying that again!  LOL!) 

I changed appointments previously and it was relatively straightforward - the caveat being the cancelling first bit. But were I concerned then I was reassured that when I returned from my first jab I answered the phone to someone from my doctors surgery asking if I wanted to book in for a jab! ?

On the strength of recent  posts , I've just been on the main NHS online covid booking thingy, cancelled my 2nd appointment (10th June) and am now re-booked in for tomorrow teatime.

Similarly, I've done the same for Muckerette, (with her permission, of course!) who was booked for Sat 29/5, but is now in 5 mins after me, tomorrow teatime.  Both at Derby Arena.
The only difference is that Muckerette was originally booked through Swiftqueue, not the NHS site, so as it stands, there's no mention of an actual cancellation (of that 29/5 booking).  She'll sort that after she's had her jab tomorrow. 
(Doing this via the NHS website, after entering Muckerette's details, it appeared they didn't know her covid jab history, but as we completed the process, the appointment does indeed confirm it is for her 2nd jab)

Massive thanks for the heads up, from @RoyMac5 and @Bob The Badger.  I owe you both a swift half!

...Yes... one each)!  :-)  

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes but the test aren't 100% are they? What's the percent of the UK with covid?

Very low but variable

I'm no scientist but even I can spot that the conclusions look flawed if the experimental conditions are different.

More positive data being reported. 70% of UK adults have now been vaccinated against Covid. These groups account for over 99% of Covid deaths. Hospitalisations and death rates have been below the 5 year average for over a month.

Good signs 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

More positive data being reported. 70% of UK adults have now been vaccinated against Covid. These groups account for over 99% of Covid deaths. Hospitalisations and death rates have been below the 5 year average for over a month.

Good signs 

Hang on! How have 99% of the dead been vaccinated? 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Good signs 

Agree, I hope that we continue on the current path provided the Indian variant doesn't go mad which from what I read the signs are it won't. 

There is evidence pointing towards the vaccine working and also it not being as bad as first thought with transmission. 

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Heard a theory a long time back that this lockdown is partly fuelled by Climate Change. Just stumbled across an Attenborough documentary on AppleTV where they’ve clearly been gathering footage from Day 1 of lockdown 1. Then just seen some Bill Gates foundation propaganda and it kind of makes a bit of sense. 

We need a "scratching my head" emoji.

9 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Heard a theory a long time back that this lockdown is partly fuelled by Climate Change. Just stumbled across an Attenborough documentary on AppleTV where they’ve clearly been gathering footage from Day 1 of lockdown 1. Then just seen some Bill Gates foundation propaganda and it kind of makes a bit of sense. 

After seeing the results of the first lockdown of course it is clearly plausible but surely if it was about climate change it would be a futile exercise without the involvement of China and India?

34 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

After seeing the results of the first lockdown of course it is clearly plausible but surely if it was about climate change it would be a futile exercise without the involvement of China and India?

The doc i watched on AppleTV had loads of footage from both. Including a segment about being able to see the Himalayas from a village for the first time in decades!